nti king-fisher ni manolle thokkesara.. pre planned attack ani

kittaya

Everybody, most of my learned friends want Vijay Mallya arrested. They say he had fun at the cost of Public Money, he should be punished. They say he is a fraud, he lives a rich  and Luxurious life, while not paying salaries to his staff and not paying his lenders and vendors.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/who-killed-kingfisher-nanjunda-pratap-palecanda

Who killed King Fisher Airlines? Have you given a thought? As a citizen of India you should know. As an entrepreneur you should definitely know this. I am sharing below a sequence of media reports from the days of the fall of KingFisher Airlines began. I hope to construct the sequence right, so that you can understand how it was killed. and by whom.. A little, backdrop would be, if you recall, or perhaps can google to verify my statement, Most Airlines across the world were doing bad those days. Many were in the verge of collapse. 

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAZ8AAAAJDZhOTY1NWU4LWI1MzIt
You may note Jet Airways stocks had plunged around the same time in Jan 2012..

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAVtAAAAJDZmNGFhMWRmLWQ5ZTQt 

You May notice, Kingfisher was doing better than Jet Airways.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAedAAAAJGU5NjJiMTNmLTk0M2Yt

Kingfisher  desperately had to infuse funds and this was the best thing Vijay Mallya and his team could have done. 

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAdjAAAAJDc0Yzg5ZjYyLTBkOTct 

It was very well placed,

But what went wrong? 

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAd5AAAAJDg3NGNjMTkxLTk4MDMt

It appeared to be a done deal,

what went wrong?

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAWrAAAAJGY0ZWFkZmQyLWQ4NjEt

Not just me, everybody seem to think / say so.. then..

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAWaAAAAJDZmOTliNjUxLTdhZTAt

It was obviously not similar thoughts towards Jet Airways.. then.. what went wrong?

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAb7AAAAJGI5OTk0N2Q1LWFlNzUt 

Same SBI had hopes on Kingfisher Airlines..

then..

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAhyAAAAJGMzZjczOTc3LWRmNGMt

This is the beginning..

AAEAAQAAAAAAAATOAAAAJDA3ZDRlYjBhLWU2OWMt

Government agency thinks contrary to Market and Banks... why?

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAZmAAAAJDY2MDM5M2Y4LWVkYzgt

Kingfisher Airlines team does, what any serious enterprise does..

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAhgAAAAJGI1OTJlYThkLTJhZmIt 

Why is Kingfisher targeted, while all Indian Airlines were in similar situation then?

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAi5AAAAJDg0OWZhNGUwLWYzZDEt

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAUbAAAAJGFiNDdlOTExLTcwZTQtWhy stop an Airlines from flying? 

How will an enterprise pay salaries, when agency meant to support the player is keeping it away from raising funds..

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAXDAAAAJDdmNjdiOGE2LTJlZDUt

Does this help you understand better, what happened?

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAfaAAAAJDFjNzUxYjRmLWE1ZmQt

Its important to understand the share holder details of Jet, particularly, foriegn and Indian Share holders.

Please note Naresh Goyal is not an Indian National.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAP1AAAAJDQxZDAyMTBkLTI5YmIt

Note the percentage of General Public & Foriegn promoters as share holders in Kingfisher 

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAXLAAAAJDE5NThhYmNhLTI0MjYt

Note the general public in Jet Airways and also  foreign promoters 

AAEAAQAAAAAAAASBAAAAJGU3NDk0MGM4LTcyMjgt 

Etihad was still interested in Kingfisher and not Jet Airways..

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAhVAAAAJGU4MzJiNTkzLWMxZDQt 

Kingfisher tried things Legally, but what was at play??

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAlgAAAAJGQ0ZjBiMDQ0LWY3NGQt

Why every possible government machinery tried to scutle Kingfisher Airlines?

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAXBAAAAJDI5MmI2NzkzLTRiMDEt

Is this the final nail..??

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAfzAAAAJGM4OWIxNzc2LWVjMzYt

Etihad comes around and agrees to go with Jet Airways.. 

Anad Sharma was the Commerce Minister..

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAiIAAAAJDEzNjQ2ZjRlLTk5NTUt

Then met Finance Minister.. 

Why, all this to help a company held by majority of  foreign promoters?

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAXMAAAAJDIzNGJhOTExLTQ3YjMt
Why was Indian Government stretching to do this for Jet Airways, while Squeezing Kingfisher Airlines?

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAfsAAAAJGRhMjI5NjFmLWI5YzctThis was perhaps the last nail but we know, what else is happening with the (Once) King of Good times..

Who killed Kingfisher Airlines? Who got Vijay Malaya to this state? Who were the beneficiaries? Can an Indian Entrepreneur dare to do things in his own Country again? Will Indian government support her/him, or lead to what happened to Kingfisher Airlines and Vijay Mallya?

I have never had Kingfisher Airlines or any of Vijay Mallya's company shares. I have neither been his Associate nor employee. I am writing this to share with my learned friends, this is the truth I saw. I feel bad for Kingfisher Airlines and Vijay Mallya as an entrepreneur. I don't want such a thing to happen to any entrepreneur.

• LikeWho Killed Kingfisher ?

• Comment

• ShareShare Who Killed Kingfisher ?

FollowNanjunda Pratap Palecanda
Nanjunda Pratap Palecanda

Nanjunda Pratap Palecanda

Co Founder at Innoberator

556 comments
Newest

2aa7987.jpg

1mo
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAM0AAAAJGYwMWM0YTVkLWEyZmYtNDYwZi1hNjdjLTM4Y2E1NzdiMTc1OA.jpg

Amresh Kumar

Regional Sales Head - South

in-fact I was one of the big fan of Kingfisher Airlines, the way they served the passenger was jut "Wao", the professionalism was just better than "perfect". They taught many other Airlines the actual meaning of "Service". however we lost them but never lost from my memory.

5mo
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAX8AAAAJDEwOTkzMDQ0LTExODEtNGJlYy1hNmQ1LWJiN2I3MzllOWY3Yg.jpg

Gagan Khattar

Looking for a job in middleware messaging mainly in TIBCO EMS / MQ / Production Support in Banking…

good insight on other side of the story, I being an entrepreneur, always used to tell friends that building any business is very difficult and people easily start running it.. Its very easy to say someone is looting people's money but very difficult to get in someone's shoes. But still flamboyant life style and bank's money was major issue which went against him but easier said than done..

6mo
ghost_person_200x200_v1.png

Bye Bye

byebye Linkedin

Such analytical thoughts by youth of India is very much necessary, Vijay Mallya might be pompous in his lifestyle but while building an enterprise, he struggled, he went through all the nuance of a business, he had diversified portfolio and all, so, I don't think he was that stupid when he thought about including airlines in his portfolio, something is amiss here, either heSee more

8mo
237baf4.jpg

Anupam Borah

Researcher at Kline & Company

This is interesting but Naresh Goyal is an Indian national.

8mo
17efa6f.jpg

Manish Singhi

Business Manager : Commercial Finance at Cisco

This does paints a different scene v/s story reflected in across all mediums..nicely sequenced article //thanks

8mo
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAaQAAAAJDJhMTRhNDdlLWY0YzYtNGI0Yy1iYzY2LWY0NjczMDA5NWY2Mw.jpg

Motichand Gupta

Chartered Accountant working as Assistant Manager - Corporate Taxation at The Tata Power Company…

We people get influenced by media reporting and then perception get created.

9mo
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAekAAAAJGI1YjM3NDZiLWEwMGMtNDZjMi1hMGZiLTgwMTc1YTRmZmRkOQ.jpg

Shanu Saseendran (夏瀚)

Seeking opportunities in Marketing, Strategy and Account Management

Quite interesting a take on the kingfisher story. Come to think of it, there was once a government intervention to stop Jet Airways from laying off its staff, I wonder why nothing was done, when it was sure that stopping Kingfisher from flying will effect a lot more people.

9mo
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAd8AAAAJDY4NDE5ZTkzLWMxMDMtNDBhYS04ZGEzLTNlYzQ3OWIyM2YwZQ.jpg

Sarang Pradhan

Analyst and Application Manager

I agree with these observations although I've lost money as a customer of KFA once in 2012. It is not Mallya's fault, it's the incompetence of govt ministers of the time (Congress) who failed or had selfish interest. The reason why this is not discussed in public is because a general member of the public has short attention span and is quick to give his/ her opinion and cSee more

9mo
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAlzAAAAJGFiMGIzNTU1LWQwZTAtNGI4OS05MzlmLWQzMWIxYTNiMzg5ZA.jpg

Shivangi Singh

HR Business Partner at Larsen & Toubro Hydrocarbon Engineering Limited

This is quite informative. Never new the issue to this detail. Thanks for sharing.

9mo

Radhakrishnan Jankiraman

Engineering Manager, AppDynamics

The bigger stakeholders might already know the inside story, but the employees of Kingfisher Airlines and the retail investors not following the company closely might have missed to see this. Kudos to you for bringing these details to the fore !

9mo

Pradeep Samanth

Wearer of multiple hats @ a Start-up

Brilliant Analysis

9mo

Manjunath Mahashetti

Available for Consultancy as Solution Architect in Java Enterprise, Mobile, Data Sciences and…

You give support with riders, much like what Obama did with Ford and GM. They were revived!

There are 544 other comments. Show more.

This only talks about the aftermath post kingfisher troubled times.

Govt may have favored jet airways over kingfisher in the etihad foreign investment deal. Actually mallya was running pillar to post to get some cash infused into his dead airline business. sadly it did not work for him for whatever reasons. Btw all thing happened in the congress regime.

But why is this article not talking about the things that led to KF's troubles? Mallya and praful patel did all kinds of nonsense to kill Air India and acquire business. He was very aggressive in his airline business strategy. I think he was trying to do a Richard Branson. Do you call wrongful ways of doing business as entrepreneurship?