useful info for I140 approved ppl......

Sambadu

New Regulation for High-Skilled Workers

A final rule went into effect, on January 17, 2017, that makes regulatory changes of which employers should be aware. Some key provisions include:

• Once an I-140 is approved, unless it is revoked due to fraud, misrepresentation, orS. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) error, the priority date may be used for any other I-140 filed on behalf of the same beneficiary.
  • After 180 days elapse, following the approval of an I-140, the USCIS will only revoke the petition due to fraud, misrepresentation, or USCIS error. Beyond the 180-day mark, withdrawal of an approved I-140 by the petitioner will not result in revocation of the petition. The I-140 generally still cannot be used for purposes of filing an I-485 through a different employer, or for a different position with the same employer; but, it can be used to extend H1B status past the standard 6-year-max and for a dependent spouse to evidence eligibility for an H-4 employment authorization document (EAD).
  • Employee eligibility for an I-140 EAD if the foreign national can demonstrate “compelling circumstances.”

soruce.. murthy website.. 

3 minutes ago, Sambadu said:

A final rule went into effect, on January 17, 2017, that makes regulatory changes of which employers should be aware. Some key provisions include:

• Once an I-140 is approved, unless it is revoked due to fraud, misrepresentation, orS. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) error, the priority date may be used for any other I-140 filed on behalf of the same beneficiary.
  • After 180 days elapse, following the approval of an I-140, the USCIS will only revoke the petition due to fraud, misrepresentation, or USCIS error. Beyond the 180-day mark, withdrawal of an approved I-140 by the petitioner will not result in revocation of the petition. The I-140 generally still cannot be used for purposes of filing an I-485 through a different employer, or for a different position with the same employer; but, it can be used to extend H1B status past the standard 6-year-max and for a dependent spouse to evidence eligibility for an H-4 employment authorization document (EAD).
  • Employee eligibility for an I-140 EAD if the foreign national can demonstrate “compelling circumstances.”

inni rojulu tongunava?

old news attukochav..

29 minutes ago, Sambadu said:

as per the above statement...manamu I-140 approve ayna 6 months taruvatha new employer change aite...are we eligible for H4-EAD, even though we dont have a  PERM applied with the new employer?

9 minutes ago, meranaam said:

as per the above statement...manamu I-140 approve ayna 6 months taruvatha new employer change aite...are we eligible for H4-EAD, even though we dont have a  PERM applied with the new employer?

Good question..*=:

46 minutes ago, meranaam said:

Think So. But only till your PD becomes current. So you have to start GC process with your new employer at some time.

So I-485 apply cheyalema, with the old PD and new employer?

Your priority Date will be the same (OLD i 140) but you have to do your labour and i140 again with the new employer.

your old i 140 can be used for extensions 

say you joined a new employer after i 140 approved and 180 days over and now your h1 is about to expire then you can extend your h1 on the basis of old i 140

Experts please correct

1 minute ago, MeraBharat_Mahan said:

Your priority Date will be the same (OLD i 140) but you have to do your labour and i140 again with the new employer.

say you joined a new employer after i 140 approved and 180 days over and now your h1 is about to expire then you can extend your h1 on the basis of old i 140

Experts please correct

Yes. But becareful , We dont know if Trump wants to repeal this new rule too in future. he might not act on this minor rule, but we never know.

3 minutes ago, MeraBharat_Mahan said:

Experts please correct

2 minutes ago, TampaChinnodu said:

Yes. But becareful , We dont know if Trump wants to repeal this new rule too in future. he might not act on this minor rule, but we never know.

Thanks

1 hour ago, meranaam said:

yes u will get H4 - EAD extention as ur i-140 is still active

26 minutes ago, TampaChinnodu said:

Think So. But only till your PD becomes current. So you have to start GC process with your new employer at some time.

thanks baa

8 minutes ago, gandhi said:

yes u will get H4 - EAD extention as ur i-140 is still active

thanks baa..so while applying for H4-EAD extension, we just need to provide old employer approved I-140 that's it?