Any ebook readers in this DB?

tennisluvr

Considering buying an ebook reader guys, edi besto konchem cheppi selavivvandi. 

I looked at Kindle paperwhite, all good kaani I would prefer having a screen bigger than 6 inches. Unfortunately all Kindle ereaders are 6 inch screens only. 

can buy a tablet but reading ki tablet antha ideal kadu ani vinna. Please offer suggestions if you have any. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• VizagRocks

• BUDDY

• jbourne

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Considering buying an ebook reader guys, edi besto konchem cheppi selavivvandi. 

I looked at Kindle paperwhite, all good kaani I would prefer having a screen bigger than 6 inches. Unfortunately all Kindle ereaders are 6 inch screens only. 

can buy a tablet but reading ki tablet antha ideal kadu ani vinna. Please offer suggestions if you have any. 

any tablet lo kindle app untadi I believe so dani tho you can read in tablet so lite go for it

1 minute ago, 4Vikram said:

any tablet lo kindle app untadi I believe so dani tho you can read in tablet so lite go for it

yes you are right. Kindle app is good, but one issue I wanted to find out about is for long time reading tablet okay na or would it strain the eyes? 

Thing is E-readers work on light that's front facing so they minimize glare on your eyes and reduce strain whereas tablets work on light that comes from the back of the tablet so they have that glare you can't avoid. Anduke asking, I am talking about reading like 30 hours per week or so. 

paperwhitelantivi epub lanti formats support seyyav as far as I remember.. 

30 hrs per week chadivina eyes em strain avvav tablet tho.. only drawback is u have to charge ur tab once or twice a day.. ade paperwhite aithe battery ekkuvasepu vastundi

1 minute ago, chor said:

paperwhitelantivi epub lanti formats support seyyav as far as I remember.. 

30 hrs per week chadivina eyes em strain avvav tablet tho.. only drawback is u have to charge ur tab once or twice a day.. ade paperwhite aithe battery ekkuvasepu vastundi

Oh okay yeah eye strain lekunte all good man. I will go with a tablet, charging is a non issue. Padukune time lo charging chesukunta phones elano. 

Epub format antava, there's a way to convert epubs to Kindle format bro. It's very simple and free. 

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Oh okay yeah eye strain lekunte all good man. I will go with a tablet, charging is a non issue. Padukune time lo charging chesukunta phones elano. 

Epub format antava, there's a way to convert epubs to Kindle format bro. It's very simple and free. 

tablet aithe epub format prob undadhuga.. anni formats support avtai..

nakaithe charging chiraku vachesindi.. batterydrain aiyedi horrible ga.. I had to switch to airplane mode, reduce brightness and then read..

danikante book konatam better anipinchindi.. anyway its my exp anthe..

12 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

yes you are right. Kindle app is good, but one issue I wanted to find out about is for long time reading tablet okay na or would it strain the eyes? 

Thing is E-readers work on light that's front facing so they minimize glare on your eyes and reduce strain whereas tablets work on light that comes from the back of the tablet so they have that glare you can't avoid. Anduke asking, I am talking about reading like 30 hours per week or so. 

If you are like core reader then i would suggest to go for kindle. I believe other tablets also has reading mode where you can see the screen in what way kindle looks like.. 

4 minutes ago, 4Vikram said:

If you are like core reader then i would suggest to go for kindle. I believe other tablets also has reading mode where you can see the screen in what way kindle looks like.. 

I think I will try the paper white. The screen size is only 6" but that might be enough for the most part.

what do you read? 6" is normally good enough for regular books.

if you are reading scientific journals, with lots of chemical and math formulae, plenty of other options available. 

Kobo has a slightly larger ereader. Sony has 10inch ones.

my favourite is onyxboox. I have 2 of them, and I'm happy, but the general consensus is that the page turns are way more choppy with onyxboox than with kindles. onyxboox also has 13" readers. Not sure if they are available in the US.

7 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

what do you read? 6" is normally good enough for regular books.

if you are reading scientific journals, with lots of chemical and math formulae, plenty of other options available. 

Kobo has a slightly larger ereader. Sony has 10inch ones.

my favourite is onyxboox. I have 2 of them, and I'm happy, but the general consensus is that the page turns are way more choppy with onyxboox than with kindles. onyxboox also has 13" readers. Not sure if they are available in the US.

Mostly non fiction and scientific journals. 6" is good to read fiction and novels etc but for non fiction I prefer a slightly larger reading platform. 

I have heard about Kobo and I don't think Sony sells them anymore, they are discontinued. I haven't thought about Onyxboox I will do some research on that. I don't need a 13" that's overkill 8" is good enough for me. 

12 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Mostly non fiction and scientific journals. 6" is good to read fiction and novels etc but for non fiction I prefer a slightly larger reading platform. 

I have heard about Kobo and I don't think Sony sells them anymore, they are discontinued. I haven't thought about Onyxboox I will do some research on that. I don't need a 13" that's overkill 8" is good enough for me. 

The size shouldn't be a problem if you are not willing to consider the 13" one. You can zoom into a particular area and read.

Kindle is the best, by far. paperwhite, ofcourse. But I won't use it.

Kobo is the next best. Onyxboox I love because its not kindle.

Kindle has smooth page turns, has better PDF support now, etc. ereaders can be frustrating to read on, if you are reading a scientific journal, unless you chose the 13" one.

1 hour ago, tennisluvr said:

Nuvvu sadive sex power, mastram, kamasutra books ki enduku ankul antha hadavidi