• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• DetroitPistons

• aatadista

• Quickgun_murugan

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Old video, very old. And not so true anymore. 

Please name what are some of the greatest contributions of people that have come here on H1B visa or F1 to H1B converts? 

How can you be so naive to think that American Education System has changed within last 4 years?

Our high school Math is far better than US undergradaute Math...

Satya Nadella, Sundaram Pichai were all on H1B at some point of time in their life...

Things have not changed...

Just now, DetroitPistons said:

How can you be so naive to think that American Education System has changed within last 4 years?

Satya Nadella, Sundaram Pichai were all on H1B at some point of time in their life...

Okay you have named 2. Is that it? 

1 minute ago, DetroitPistons said:

And yet we get our asses kicked in most hackathons. Why is it that the Russian or Eastern European and even Chinese programmers and hackers are so much better than our ones? Any explanation for that. 

13 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Old video, very old. And not so true anymore. 

Please name what are some of the greatest contributions of people that have come here on H1B visa or F1 to H1B converts? 

Narsi kotha id ah idi

1 hour ago, tennisluvr said:

And yet we get our asses kicked in most hackathons. Why is it that the Russian or Eastern European and even Chinese programmers and hackers are so much better than our ones? Any explanation for that. 

I won several hackathons... you can't just say what you want. Ask any student who studied at Public Schools or State Universities or Very Good Private Universities... their home work assignments are tougher than any corporate america's IT projects...

You are talking to a wrong guy brother... i wrote a compiler and kernel part of my masters education... there are several thousands like me here from India and China

Please don't generalize!!!

1 hour ago, tennisluvr said:

Okay you have named 2. Is that it? 

Prathi okadu sachin great avvaleda antadu gani vinod kambli 10gi poyadu ani evadu chepadu ga ......ee lu anthe rendu perlu patkoni manam great antaru

3 minutes ago, DetroitPistons said:

I won several hackathons... you can't just say what you want. Ask any student who studied at Public Schools or State Universities or Very Good Private Universities... their home work assignments are tougher than any corporate america's IT projects...

You are talking to a wrong guy brother... i wrote a compiler and kernel part of my masters education... there are several thousands like me here from India and China

even i wrote man,  kotadi kanipettali

14 minutes ago, princeofheaven said:

even i wrote man,  kotadi kanipettali

Andaru Kotadi kannukunte... Unna companies ni nadipichedi evaru... Qualified folks ni filter chesi thondra GC iche program cheppu... Masthu mandi kannukuntaru kothavi..

At the same time, if you look at stats... 44% plus start up companies in Silicon Valley are started by Immigrants...

29 minutes ago, DetroitPistons said:

I studied at a very good state university myself so you are barking up the wrong tree here brother. I do accept that there are students of very high quality that add a lot of value to the existing workforce here. However that doesn't form the majority of people that are in US at the moment on an H1B. Again this is not a rant about how an F1 to H1B is convert is better than a straight H1B candidate from India or vice-versa. I have seen both cases where one is better than the other so I am not generalizing. 

The simple fact however is that higher technical education has been made unpopular by driving down wages continuously by supplanting local workforce with workers on H1B visa. Whether it's someone that had done his Master's here or imported from India, the truth remains the same. So H1B while retaining some of it's merit, has mostly become a tool to drive up the local unemployment numbers especially in the high tech sector. You can't deny that.