H1B Visa - America has a Secret Weapon

DetroitPistons

20 minutes ago, DetroitPistons said:

Andaru Kotadi kannukunte... Unna companies ni nadipichedi evaru... Qualified folks ni filter chesi thondra GC iche program cheppu... Masthu mandi kannukuntaru kothavi..

At the same time, if you look at stats... 44% plus start up companies in Silicon Valley are started by Immigrants...

Please provide the numbers about how many of those are H1B holders. Immigrants could also mean second gen kids that have come here when they are really young and studied here throughout their primary and high school education, they get counted as immigrants as well although they are technically as much American as your average joe down the street. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• DetroitPistons

• aatadista

• Quickgun_murugan

6 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I studied at a very good state university myself so you are barking up the wrong tree here brother. I do accept that there are students of very high quality that add a lot of value to the existing workforce here. However that doesn't form the majority of people that are in US at the moment on an H1B. Again this is not a rant about how an F1 to H1B is convert is better than a straight H1B candidate from India or vice-versa. I have seen both cases where one is better than the other so I am not generalizing. 

The simple fact however is that higher technical education has been made unpopular by driving down wages continuously by supplanting local workforce with workers on H1B visa. Whether it's someone that had done his Master's here or imported from India, the truth remains the same. So H1B while retaining some of it's merit, has mostly become a tool to drive up the local unemployment numbers especially in the high tech sector. You can't deny that. 

If a local person is talented and capable they will find jobs anywhere or start a small business... mass h1bs for replacing existing workforce is definitely not engaging... for the matter of fact it is wrong...

You have more jobs in tech industry than the people are qualified here... hence you bring in international folks to fix the gap... fortunately enough 44% of either them or their kids are creating several thousand jobs by starting their own companies...

Just now, DetroitPistons said:

If a local person is talented and capable they will find jobs anywhere or start a small business... mass h1bs for replacing existing workforce is definitely not engaging... for the matter of fact it is wrong...

You have more jobs in tech industry than the people are qualified here... hence you bring in international folks to fix the gap... fortunately enough 44% of either them or their kids are creating several thousand jobs by starting their own companies...

Bodyshops that hire H1B's should be excluded from that list. Let's see what that number is once such service based organizations are removed from the equation. 

1 hour ago, tennisluvr said:

Old video, very old. And not so true anymore. 

Please name what are some of the greatest contributions of people that have come here on H1B visa or F1 to H1B converts? 

Endi man atta antav.. many great people have joined mavni and are providing support for the country. Tuchamaina citizenship Kosam kakunda true love meeda chestunnaru. Ammaki cheera konaru Kani attha kind perfume bottle kontaru Ani saametha man.. 

12 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Please provide the numbers about how many of those are H1B holders. Immigrants could also mean second gen kids that have come here when they are really young and studied here throughout their primary and high school education, they get counted as immigrants as well although they are technically as much American as your average joe down the street. 

Dude... second generation kids are brilliant not just avg joes...look at who is winning spelling bee contests... for the matter of fact their parents most likely have same mentality like any indian parents have...

12 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I studied at a very good state university myself so you are barking up the wrong tree here brother. I do accept that there are students of very high quality that add a lot of value to the existing workforce here. However that doesn't form the majority of people that are in US at the moment on an H1B. Again this is not a rant about how an F1 to H1B is convert is better than a straight H1B candidate from India or vice-versa. I have seen both cases where one is better than the other so I am not generalizing. 

The simple fact however is that higher technical education has been made unpopular by driving down wages continuously by supplanting local workforce with workers on H1B visa. Whether it's someone that had done his Master's here or imported from India, the truth remains the same. So H1B while retaining some of it's merit, has mostly become a tool to drive up the local unemployment numbers especially in the high tech sector. You can't deny that. 

2 minutes ago, loveindia said:

Endi man atta antav.. many great people have joined mavni and are providing support for the country. Tuchamaina citizenship Kosam kakunda true love meeda chestunnaru. Ammaki cheera konaru Kani attha kind perfume bottle kontaru Ani saametha man.. 

Atleast adayina chestunnaru kadaa. Padi mandini pogesi smoke and mirrors choopinchi valla sommu ni cash chesukuni palace lu kattatledu kadaa MAVNIs. Plus daaniki malli adedo pedda social service ani cutting lu ivvatledu. Atleast they are putting their lives on the line, which some smug entitled creatures don't understand the value of. Of course how will they, when all they know is looting people and fleecing their money to fatten their wallets. 

Amma ki cheera konalo leda perfume konalo amma peru cheppukuni vyabhicharam chese broker galle cheppali mari. 

1 minute ago, DetroitPistons said:

Dude... second generation kids are brilliant not just avg joes...look at who is winning spelling bee contests... for the matter of fact their parents most likely have same mentality like any indian parents have...

How are you counting second generation kids as immigrants? Why are we even talking about them, a second generation kid isn't an H1B anymore if he's born and brought up here and went to schools here. 

1 hour ago, tennisluvr said:

Old video, very old. And not so true anymore. 

Please name what are some of the greatest contributions of people that have come here on H1B visa or F1 to H1B converts? 

What about current generation techies at c-level? Didn't they use H1?

1 hour ago, DetroitPistons said:

How can you be so naive to think that American Education System has changed within last 4 years?

Our high school Math is far better than US undergradaute Math...

Satya Nadella, Sundaram Pichai were all on H1B at some point of time in their life...

Things have not changed...

Valu vachinapudu junk rala. They got H1s with no issues. ippdu junk ravadam vala, even the most talented are returning back to India.

3 minutes ago, loveindia said:

Plus what you are speaking has no relevance to the original thread intent or what I discussed. Are you always this delusional where you bring your stinky ass into discussions that have no relevance whatsoever to what you speak, only to show your so called love of the "motherland" while you sit here looting innocent people's money so you can buy lands and properties in your native village? 

Of course I have no issues with you being a criminal or a feudalistic slumlord, I however have an issue when someone can't speak with relevance to the topic being discussed. Just so that he or she can fart enough to stink up the whole thread with their unwanted foulness. 

4 minutes ago, aatadista said:

What about current generation techies at c-level? Didn't they use H1?

You mean to say EB1C? Okay please show me what are some of the earth shattering contributions that these so called MNC managers have brought to the US?