H1B Visa - America has a Secret Weapon

DetroitPistons

Just now, aatadista said:

Yes, it is outdated. Who is arguing H1 is still the weapon? It used to be. Not anymore!

Correct. That's what the threadstarter was saying, and H1B the way it is currently needs to go. 

It's only become a tool for some greedy assholes to make more money at the expense of luring innocent students from India. It's easy to see who they are. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• DetroitPistons

• aatadista

• Quickgun_murugan

2 hours ago, DetroitPistons said:

How can you be so naive to think that American Education System has changed within last 4 years?

Our high school Math is far better than US undergradaute Math...

Satya Nadella, Sundaram Pichai were all on H1B at some point of time in their life...

Things have not changed...

Nuvena babu things have not changed anindi. NPU SVU inka cheap import vala enta trash vast undo telusa. Check the numbers teliyakapote. 

21 minutes ago, aatadista said:

Nuvena babu things have not changed anindi. NPU SVU inka cheap import vala enta trash vast undo telusa. Check the numbers teliyakapote. 

@aatadista education from India hasn't changed... it is damn quality of education that students are receiving in India has changed... Also students are choosing easy paths... Sincere students have a chance for the american dream..

Kudos to KCR for closing 174 engineering colleges in Telangana...

Hopefully the junk stuff will get minimum

19 minutes ago, DetroitPistons said:

@aatadista education from India hasn't changed... it is damn quality of education that students are receiving in India has changed... Also students are choosing easy paths... Sincere students have a chance for the american dream..

Kudos to KCR for closing 174 engineering colleges in Telangana...

Hopefully the junk stuff will get minimum

Lol. You think it is still happening. Don't you know the numbers for h1 lottery. How in the world you put a graduate from Harvard and graduate from NPU/SVU/Import H1s etc., in the same lottery bucket and say sincere people still have chance. 

1 minute ago, aatadista said:

Lol. You think it is still happening. Don't you know the numbers for h1 lottery. How in the world you put a graduate from Harvard and graduate from NPU/SVU/Import H1s etc., in the same lottery bucket and say sincere people still have chance. 

There have been news reports about students from institutions like Harvard, UPenn etc who haven't been selected in the lottery and hence had to leave the US. 

So called H1B visa system has no way to address those issues. 

1 hour ago, aatadista said:

Who is this idiot? I want to know. Well, let me go back and read all the threads. I will figure it out

That "idiot" thinks it's a social reformer, and a philanthropist. @3$%

32 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

There have been news reports about students from institutions like Harvard, UPenn etc who haven't been selected in the lottery and hence had to leave the US. 

So called H1B visa system has no way to address those issues. 

So blame the lottery system... We had Harvard, Upenn and SVU NPU folks applying H1B historically in the same way....

Would this have been an issue if we had 175K as H1B quota...

1 hour ago, aatadista said:

Rey howle. thread endi ne vetakaram endi.

Pratidi fun unukoni satires vestunav.

Ne profile ID prakaram nuvu china size mestri laga vunav.

Nuve anamata pake pakodi galani encourage chesedi

Ne lanti avakasa vadulu vale ra america h1 system diga jaripoindi

yourock*=:@3$%@3$%@3$%

1 minute ago, DetroitPistons said:

So blame the lottery system... We had Harvard, Upenn and SVU NPU folks applying H1B historically in the same way....

175K isn't needed at the moment and it would drive down the prevailing market wages even further. I have a better system in mind let's allocate points based on the kind of study you did, the kind of field you are working in etc. 

For example, if you did your PhD in let's say Nanotechnology from Harvard or Brown, you will have let's say for example 90 points(choose an arbitrary number). Let's say you are hired into one of the national labs as a research associate that adds you further 90 points. Let's say you have 170 points and above, you belong to the A+ category which gets preference over let's say someone in the C category. 

If you let's say did your MBA in Harvard or Wharton, you gain more points that what you would had you done your MBA in a college like University of Phoenix(I know I know it's a bad comparison but you get my point here). Also there has to be a way where your current work can be related to your course of study. If your current occupation is totally different from your field of study, then you gain lesser points than someone that works in his/her field of study. 

I have ideas to come up with a such a system and decide the points scale, if such a system could be adopted it would give a far greater preference to skills that are actually critical to the US market place over skills that are more generic. That would solve the problem of merit being undervalued for luck as in the case of an H1B lottery which is what exists currently. 

20 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

175K isn't needed at the moment and it would drive down the prevailing market wages even further. I have a better system in mind let's allocate points based on the kind of study you did, the kind of field you are working in etc. 

For example, if you did your PhD in let's say Nanotechnology from Harvard or Brown, you will have let's say for example 90 points(choose an arbitrary number). Let's say you are hired into one of the national labs as a research associate that adds you further 90 points. Let's say you have 170 points and above, you belong to the A+ category which gets preference over let's say someone in the C category. 

If you let's say did your MBA in Harvard or Wharton, you gain more points that what you would had you done your MBA in a college like University of Phoenix(I know I know it's a bad comparison but you get my point here). Also there has to be a way where your current work can be related to your course of study. If your current occupation is totally different from your field of study, then you gain lesser points than someone that works in his/her field of study. 

I have ideas to come up with a such a system and decide the points scale, if such a system could be adopted it would give a far greater preference to skills that are actually critical to the US market place over skills that are more generic. That would solve the problem of merit being undervalued for luck as in the case of an H1B lottery which is what exists currently. 

Sure sounds like Canadian PR system lol :)

I should appreciate your passion...

Again, btw us folks in this DB we may have 10 different ideas that might work for folks in different situation...

32 minutes ago, DetroitPistons said:

Lottery system ante enti nayana. H1 system kada. Inta sepu memu netti noru chepindi endi. System is not same as before ani. NPU SVU/imported H1  history telusa neku. Veti peru meda enta mandi pre-2005 vacharo telusa. Last 10 years enta mandi vacharo telusa. Teliyakapote veli kanuko. Waste disco petaku.

6 minutes ago, aatadista said:

Lottery system ante enti nayana. H1 system kada. Inta sepu memu netti noru chepindi endi. System is not same as before ani. NPU SVU/imported H1  history telusa neku. Veti peru meda enta mandi pre-2005 vacharo telusa. Last 10 years enta mandi vacharo telusa. Teliyakapote veli kanuko. Waste disco petaku.

Bhayya nuvvu eppudu vachav US ki... H1 meedha eppudu start ayyav @aatadista

49 minutes ago, DetroitPistons said:

175k aithey inka flood gates open chesinattey @3$%