AWS guys

kevinUsa

1. As the Activtrak product has been growing significantly over the past year, one of our ongoing challenges will be maintaining an extensive number of virtualized, scaling environments with both Windows and Linux requirements. What forms of cloud automation have you managed in the past, and what approach or services would you recommend to guarantee that VMs stay secure, updated, and correctly configured?
2. Our current CI/CD approach utilizes git repositories and Atlassian Bamboo server environments to build and deploy to designated API & UI instances. With a diverse local and international development team, we've sometimes found this method restrictive and inflexible. Describe what AWS cloud services, products and CD approach you might configure to allow developers more flexibility to deploy their code changes in a "personalized" cloud environment outside of their local development host.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blackboxmh370

• Batman_fan

• k2s

• Spartan

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, kevinUsa said:

1. As the Activtrak product has been growing significantly over the past year, one of our ongoing challenges will be maintaining an extensive number of virtualized, scaling environments with both Windows and Linux requirements. What forms of cloud automation have you managed in the past, and what approach or services would you recommend to guarantee that VMs stay secure, updated, and correctly configured?
2. Our current CI/CD approach utilizes git repositories and Atlassian Bamboo server environments to build and deploy to designated API & UI instances. With a diverse local and international development team, we've sometimes found this method restrictive and inflexible. Describe what AWS cloud services, products and CD approach you might configure to allow developers more flexibility to deploy their code changes in a "personalized" cloud environment outside of their local development host.

1. Use EC2 instances - http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/ec2-best-practices.html

2. Use AWS CodeDeploy - https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/apn/announcing-atlassian-bitbucket-support-for-aws-codedeploy/

15 minutes ago, kevinUsa said:

I don't have experience to answer the questions but based on what I have learned so far this is answer for #1

Use VPC to secure the environment and create a subnet with internet gateway for updates. Use Autoscaling (one of the AWS best features) to autoscale the servers. Configure CloudWatch to constantly monitor those. 

No idea on #2

6 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

I don't have experience to answer the questions but based on what I have learned so far this is answer for #1

Use VPC to secure the environment and create a subnet with internet gateway for updates. Use Autoscaling (one of the AWS best features) to autoscale the servers. Configure CloudWatch to constantly monitor those. 

No idea on #2

lol.. VPC and subnet creation doesnt secure anymore man.. you have to use Security ACLs to control traffic in/out - http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonVPC/latest/UserGuide/VPC_Security.html

15 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

And how do you get Network ACLs without VPC? I mean you get default ACLs. But with VPC, it is more secured. 

chill pill man..... what ever you deploy in AWS, will be deployed in a subnet/VPC. we dont have to exclusively say that 

1 hour ago, kevinUsa said:

Answer for 1:

For Scaling/Automation - AWS Auto Scaling, Cloud Formation Templates

For keeping Uptodate: AWS Opsworks which is nothing but Chef on AWS

For Security - Use Proper Security Groups along with VPC,ACL and Gatweways for Internet.

Answer for 2:

CodeDeploy is the best tool for such things.

@k2s  @kevinUsa @Batman_fan

I have BIG Ip f5 load blancer Dumps any one needs it please PM me brothers. Brothers I have my brother who wants come in aws stream. can you plz guide him . And tell me best consultancy for aws brothers.

1 minute ago, blackboxmh370 said:

I have BIG Ip f5 load blancer Dumps any one needs it please PM me brothers. Brothers I have my brother who wants come in aws stream. can you plz guide him . And tell me best consultancy for aws brothers.

first get the Mh370 blackbox..