Asalu TGlo caste peelings ee undav annaru

idibezwada

3 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

its not about vjw anymore bro...aina okati rendu issues face chesi talakai unnodu evadu city or stateni hate cheydu...even my frnds faced issues in hyd but they still like it...its only some kodi brain fellows who generalize based on 1 or 2 incidents 

I don't hate Vijayawada or Andhra, I just wouldn't live in either of those places anthe. 

Btw my mom is from Andhra, and is my paternal grandfather. I wouldn't want to live in a place where my friendships and other connections are formed on the basis of my caste that's all. 

But I understand that's the culture in some places. And it's totally okay, just don't force me to like that culture. 

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• idibezwada

• tennisluvr

• Android_Halwa

• Luke

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I don't hate Vijayawada or Andhra, I just don't have a positive opinion about those places anthe. 

Btw my mom is from Andhra, and is my paternal grandfather. 

so what man...then how come u said referring to the video that they may be migrants from andhra ani..asalu munur cop ane caste undo ledo andhralo anna vishayam telsa neku?

9 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I don't hate Vijayawada or Andhra, I just wouldn't live in either of those places anthe. 

Btw my mom is from Andhra, and is my paternal grandfather. I wouldn't want to live in a place where my friendships and other connections are formed on the basis of my caste that's all. 

But I understand that's the culture in some places. And it's totally okay, just don't force me to like that culture. 

no one fcking forced you 1st of all...if you dont have a postive opinion then be it...no one cares...but relatives chepparu bokka chepparu ani propaganda cheyku without you seeing wht exactly happend...we grew up there and evvadu nannu or naa frndsni caste adagala water adiginanduku

2 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

no one fcking forced you 1st of all...if you dont have a postive opinion then be it...no one cares...but relatives chepparu bokka chepparu ani propaganda cheyku without you seeing wht exactly happend...we grew up there and evvadu nannu or naa frndsni caste adagala water adiginanduku

Dude okati maa cousin incident real ga jarigindi cheppanu nuvvu adi nijam kaadu ani nammithey I can't change your opinion. I am not saying it's the same way now because that incident happened a long time ago, last time nenu Vijayawada ochindi 2000 lo so I haven't been there in a long time myself. But nenu choosinadi cheppanu. I am not generalizing the whole city or it's people.

But aa water incident kooda nenu choosindi observe chesi cheppa. Maybe it's a social norm there but I found it interesting. Meerenti ani clear ga adigaru nenemi water kosam valla intiki poledu. Intiki evaranna vasthey manchi neellu testharu kadaa in any telugu household alane valle techaru. But water oche lopate peru caste rendu adigesaru. Again I am not saying it's wrong, I am not used to such things where I come from or haven't seen anyone do the above. Atleast maa intlo ala evvarini open ga mee caste enti ani adagaru.

Tamil Nadu

https://www.quora.com/I-have-noticed-people-from-Tamil-Nadu-give-more-importance-relevance-to-caste-Why-is-that

Karnataka

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-Gowdas-take-so-much-pride-in-their-caste

one marati guy shared his experiences in this page

https://www.quora.com/How-do-people-from-an-upper-caste-in-India-feel-about-people-from-lower-castes

aa page lo vaadu share chesindhi idhi

When I entered college though, I realized that in Maharashtra, you could tell a person's caste by their surname. That is when I realized that everyone is aware of their castes during interactions. 

Unfortunately, today when I interact with anyone, deep down somewhere I am aware of the person's caste because I know that the other person would be aware of mine. For me, this awareness is not inherent, but reactionary. 

I have had extremely different encounters with people and experienced varied reactions owing mostly to my legal profession.

Let me share some - 

1) After arguments / or the day's work, generally, we end up having tea or coffee with our clients. Sometimes the clients pay, sometimes we do. This one particular, chap always insisted on paying for us. Finally, one day, my dad just took the bill and declared that today he would pay. 
This man got up, went and spoke to the manager of the restaurant, paid the bill and came back before we realised what he was doing. When my father expressed his dismay, he replied "Sahab aap Pandit hain, aapse paise thodehi lenge"  (Which means, "Sir you are a Brahmin, I couldn't' possibly make you pay.")

My dad and I were so embarrassed at this honor we didn't deserve, that we specifically invited him for dinner at our place and made him eat with us. We also made sure that after that, he never paid! 

2) Whenever we go to our maternal native village, I have seen from my childhood that some of our relatives there use silver glasses to serve water to guests. 
Although when we were children, we never understood the meaning of this. It was only recently, that I came to know that the reason silver is used, is because all other caste people are considered impure and the metal silver purifies them. 

I was shocked when I came to know this and vowed never to go to those relatives houses! 
When I said that, my mom laughed and said that we anyway wouldn't be called anymore because one of my cousins (my first cousin and therefore immediate family) had married outside the caste and therefore she (along with her entire family) had become impure. This was not specifically told, but was subtly informed by serving my mother and her sister (the mother of the girl who married a non-Brahmin) in silver glasses! LOL. 

3) When I was in law college, I met a boy who came from a village in Maharashtra. He was dressed shabbily (which was very unusual in my college) and was carrying a small plastic bag. He was asking something about admissions to a girl in Marathi who did not understand him. Since I was passing by, I answered his query. He also asked where hostel was and if I could guide him to the rector's office. I too was going there so we started talking. He seemed a nice boy who was very interested in studying law. I told him about the different activities he could participate in. He thanked me many times and asked for my number. As I was expecting him to remove his own phone to feed the number, he took out a small diary and wrote my number down. He said he would need help with his English. I told him that the college conducted English classes for students who wished to learn. He was overjoyed!

The same evening, I saw the boy sitting outside the boy's hostel without a shirt. with his bag. I said hi and asked him why he was sitting outside in the cold and that too without a shirt. He told me that there was no electricity. And after a few seconds, he told me that he had washed his shirt and it was drying. He did not have another one. That was when I realised that the small plastic bag he was carrying had all his possessions!

I truly felt sorry for him. I later found out that he had got admission through ST (Scheduled tribe) quota and apparently was the first boy from his tribe to clear 12th standard with distinction. 
That was the day I understood why reservation was introduced. 

4) I have also come across students belonging to SCs and STs coming from economically good backgrounds, who refuse to use caste certificates and take admissions on merit. 

5) I have seen cases where people from upper caste are falsely accused of mistreatment under the Atrocities Act for ulterior motives. 

So, in my opinion, I am aware of a person's caste but it never affects my interaction with them. I have understood in life that it is wrong to generalize. 

My feelings for people belonging to SCs and STs are mixed! Sometimes I feel bad. Sometimes it raises my ire when the issue of castes is used for political purposes. Sometimes I take pride in some of my friends achievements where in spite of their social and economic background, they have come up in life. 

So, although I am aware of castes, it never affects my social interactions.

3 minutes ago, tom bhayya said:

Tamil Nadu

https://www.quora.com/I-have-noticed-people-from-Tamil-Nadu-give-more-importance-relevance-to-caste-Why-is-that

Karnataka

https://www.quora.com/How-do-people-from-an-upper-caste-in-India-feel-about-people-from-lower-castes

When I entered college though, I realized that in Maharashtra, you could tell a person's caste by their surname. That is when I realized that everyone is aware of their castes during interactions. 

Unfortunately, today when I interact with anyone, deep down somewhere I am aware of the person's caste because I know that the other person would be aware of mine. For me, this awareness is not inherent, but reactionary. 

I have had extremely different encounters with people and experienced varied reactions owing mostly to my legal profession.

Let me share some - 

1) After arguments / or the day's work, generally, we end up having tea or coffee with our clients. Sometimes the clients pay, sometimes we do. This one particular, chap always insisted on paying for us. Finally, one day, my dad just took the bill and declared that today he would pay. 
This man got up, went and spoke to the manager of the restaurant, paid the bill and came back before we realised what he was doing. When my father expressed his dismay, he replied "Sahab aap Pandit hain, aapse paise thodehi lenge"  (Which means, "Sir you are a Brahmin, I couldn't' possibly make you pay.")

My dad and I were so embarrassed at this honor we didn't deserve, that we specifically invited him for dinner at our place and made him eat with us. We also made sure that after that, he never paid! 

2) Whenever we go to our maternal native village, I have seen from my childhood that some of our relatives there use silver glasses to serve water to guests. 
Although when we were children, we never understood the meaning of this. It was only recently, that I came to know that the reason silver is used, is because all other caste people are considered impure and the metal silver purifies them. 

I was shocked when I came to know this and vowed never to go to those relatives houses! 
When I said that, my mom laughed and said that we anyway wouldn't be called anymore because one of my cousins (my first cousin and therefore immediate family) had married outside the caste and therefore she (along with her entire family) had become impure. This was not specifically told, but was subtly informed by serving my mother and her sister (the mother of the girl who married a non-Brahmin) in silver glasses! LOL. 

3) When I was in law college, I met a boy who came from a village in Maharashtra. He was dressed shabbily (which was very unusual in my college) and was carrying a small plastic bag. He was asking something about admissions to a girl in Marathi who did not understand him. Since I was passing by, I answered his query. He also asked where hostel was and if I could guide him to the rector's office. I too was going there so we started talking. He seemed a nice boy who was very interested in studying law. I told him about the different activities he could participate in. He thanked me many times and asked for my number. As I was expecting him to remove his own phone to feed the number, he took out a small diary and wrote my number down. He said he would need help with his English. I told him that the college conducted English classes for students who wished to learn. He was overjoyed!

The same evening, I saw the boy sitting outside the boy's hostel without a shirt. with his bag. I said hi and asked him why he was sitting outside in the cold and that too without a shirt. He told me that there was no electricity. And after a few seconds, he told me that he had washed his shirt and it was drying. He did not have another one. That was when I realised that the small plastic bag he was carrying had all his possessions!

I truly felt sorry for him. I later found out that he had got admission through ST (Scheduled tribe) quota and apparently was the first boy from his tribe to clear 12th standard with distinction. 

4) I have also come across students belonging to SCs and STs coming from economically good backgrounds, who refuse to use caste certificates and take admissions on merit. 

5) I have seen cases where people from upper caste are falsely accused of mistreatment under the Atrocities Act for ulterior motives. 

So, in my opinion, I am aware of a person's caste but it never affects my interaction with them. I have understood in life that it is wrong to generalize. 

My feelings for people belonging to SCs and STs are mixed! Sometimes I feel bad. Sometimes it raises my ire when the issue of castes is used for political purposes. Sometimes I take pride in some of my friends achievements where in spite of their social and economic background, they have come up in life. 

lite

4 minutes ago, tom bhayya said:

Tamil Nadu

Karnataka

Let me share some - 

Good post.

7 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Dude okati maa cousin incident real ga jarigindi cheppanu nuvvu adi nijam kaadu ani nammithey I can't change your opinion. I am not saying it's the same way now because that incident happened a long time ago, last time nenu Vijayawada ochindi 2000 lo so I haven't been there in a long time myself. But nenu choosinadi cheppanu. I am not generalizing the whole city or it's people.

But aa water incident kooda nenu choosindi observe chesi cheppa. Maybe it's a social norm there but I found it interesting. Meerenti ani clear ga adigaru nenemi water kosam valla intiki poledu. Intiki evaranna vasthey manchi neellu testharu kadaa in any telugu household alane valle techaru. But water oche lopate peru caste rendu adigesaru. Again I am not saying it's wrong, I am not used to such things where I come from or haven't seen anyone do the above. Atleast maa intlo ala evvarini open ga mee caste enti ani adagaru.

dude...last week nuvu idi nee relativeski ayindi ani cheppav...ippudu ekamga neeke ayindi ai cheptunav...lol and the red part...nee lekka prakaram mee mom and grand parents andhra kada...mari adagali kada...@3$%

7 minutes ago, tom bhayya said:

Tamil Nadu

Karnataka

Let me share some - 

nuvvu enta kasta padina waste uncle...there are people who madeup their mind

2 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

dude...nuvu idi nee relativeski ayindi ani cheppav...ippudu ekamga neeke ayindi ai cheptunav...lol and the red part...nee lekka prakaram mee mom and grand parents andhra kada...mari adagali kada...@3$%

Relatives ki ani cheppaledu man that happened to me, you seem to have mistaken one with the other. Anyway again I am not generalizing ani cheppanu kadaa. Why are you so offended? Nuvvu aa type avvakapothey it doesn't apply to you so why you are so offended?

Andaru ala untarani cheppaledu kadaa, nannaithey palana caste valla thone friendship cheyyali etc ani penchaledu. So maybe that's why they never bothered to check all my friends caste, sorry man tappaipoyindi

2 hours ago, tennisluvr said:

No but have a lot of relatives I visited and experienced your glorious caste obsessed culture first hand 

34 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

To be honest, naa cousin ki Vijayawada ante chaala ishtamu although he might have faced that incident during ragging. 

He also met his wife during his studies there, so I don't they have anything against Vijayawada. 

Naaku kooda emi anti ledu anthaga but I have a critical opinion based on a few things I have noticed. Again I am not generalizing about the whole place. 

9 minutes ago, psycopk said:

except reddy velma gouda yadav Chowdary kapu inka evariki feeling ledu in tg

vunna...public display evadu cheyadu...caste is a personal issue and people live culturally together without including caste in each and every matter...

culturally kalisivundadam ane concept ardam kanapudu, migilindi oke oka option...

dappu kottadam