Another ethical question - updated

Batman_fan

7 minutes ago, crazymatta said:

mistakes do happen.. as a contractor been there done that. travel hrs bhi count chesthunde 40hrs lo so evng flight or mrng flight doesnt matter so aa hrs ki bill chestha nd airline compensation antava naaku 500 vachi nunde with nxt availble flight ticket so i told my manager abt it , had a good laugh nd kept that compensation into my pocket naa matta

I guess the only different between you and me is the manager in this case. Client manager is rude, bossy, and penny-pincher. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Batman_fan

• jbourne

• crazymatta

• argadorn

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, megadheera said:

Airline part is one of the ethical question in my company every year ethical training. The ethical answer is you should give that to company as company paid for your trip

okay

5 minutes ago, megadheera said:

Airline part is one of the ethical question in my company every year ethical training. The ethical answer is you should give that to company as company paid for your trip

how bhayya.. check mana name meedha isthadhi ga adi company ki eta isthamu? 

1 hour ago, Batman_fan said:

Let's say a client asked you to fly for a week to their HQ for an important meeting to meet with some vendor and they paid you for flight ticket, and Hotel. You are contractor for client. 

But you made a mistake of not checking-in and went to airport in the morning. At the gate, staff said since you didn't check-in, there is no seat allocated and need to wait until everyone boards to see if any seat is available. (All airlines do this - selling more tickets than available based on some probability of people showing up and not showing up)

Everyone boarded and no seats available, so you don't have option other than waiting for next flight which fly only in the evening. Basically the day is gone and you cannot work that day. As compensation, airlines gave you $2K cheque on your name. You informed client the situation and made sure they are aware of the delay. 

What would you do? Do you put the hours on the client and not give that cheque or not put the hours and give the cheque?

I was in same situation few years back. I will add what I did and what happened next here

its 3rd party (airlines) issue. you are on a biz trip and that trip travel time is counted as working hours. 

Just now, k2s said:

its 3rd party (airlines) issue. you are on a biz trip and that trip travel time is counted as working hours. 

Hours is ok. But how about the check? Since I didn't pay for flight ticket and hotel, should I return it back?

1 hour ago, Batman_fan said:

Yes, Airlines always have some compensation limit. I was very aggressive on them so they increased from 1000 to 2000$

2k unchukoni hrs eyyaku.. max hrs ki enthosthay 500 to 800 per day.. anthe ga.. u got more.. so venjoyyy

Just now, Batman_fan said:

last ki alane chesa. Apudu konchem disappoint ayina dani result taravata kanapadindi

Em ayindii. Chinnappudu ilage choice lo vunna questions ki kuda answer chesetodini  sir extra markulu esthe saar extra esinru ani tepinchukune vadini. 

Tarvata emaindoo cheppu