Shahid Afridi Announces International Retirement

kakatiya

• favourite since 1996

Sharjah, United Arab Emirates: Legendary Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi on Sunday announced his retirement from international cricket, ending an illustrious and sometimes controversial 21-year career. The 36-year-old star had already quit Tests in 2010 and ODI cricket after the 2015 World Cup but still skippered the Pakistan Twenty20 team at the 2016 world championships in India. He stepped down as captain after the tournament although he retained slender hopes of continuing his career in the sport's shortest format as a player. "I have said goodbye to international cricket," said Afridi after smashing a 28-ball 54 in a Pakistan Super League match for Peshawar Zalmi in Sharjah.

"I am playing for my fans and will continue to play this league for another two years but it's goodbye from international cricket.

"Now my foundation is important for me. I have played with seriousness and in a professional way for my country." 

Show Full Article

SOCIAL STREAM

NDTV News
On Chandra's Last Day As CEO, TCS Set To Make A Big Announcement
Replacing Mr Chandra at TCS will be Rajesh Gopinathan, who will assume the role of chief executive officer and managing director from tomorrow.
Kerala Film Stars Outraged After Actor Allegedly Molested In Moving Car
The alleged kidnapping and molestation of a noted South Indian film actor in a moving car in Kochi has outraged the film fraternity. Kerala's top movie stars have spoken out in her support...
Scientists Argue That New Zealand Is Just The Tip Of A 'Hidden Continent'
They say Zealandia meets all the definitions of a continent: a huge, coherent mass that sits above and is distinct from the ocean crust.
Live IPL Auction 2017: Ishant, Irfan Top Focus; Eyes On England Players
Live IPL auction 2017: All eyes will be on Ishant Sharma and Irfan Pathan when eight franchises battle it out in Bengaluru for the IPL 10 auction. The 2017 IPL auction will see 351 players...

i.gif?e=eyJhdiI6NTU3MzQsImF0Ijo1LCJidCI6MCwiY20iOjQxMzE0NSwiY2giOjI1MTYxLCJjayI6e30sImNyIjoxNDkzMDEyLCJkaSI6IjRiYjczYjBiYzIxNjQyNTY4NDgzYzY2NzM5ZWJkODkwIiwiZG0iOjEsImZjIjoxNzMxNDI4LCJmbCI6MTY4MTk1NywiaXAiOiIxNzMuMTcyLjE1My4xNSIsIm53Ijo5NDM1LCJwYyI6MCwiZWMiOjAsInByIjo5NDczNywicnQiOjEsInN0Ijo1MDgyOTksInVrIjoidWUxLTA5NzM0ZDA1YTcwOTRhMGI4MjVkMDNkNDUxMmFhZjM5IiwidHMiOjE0ODc1NjYwMjUwMDUsImJmIjp0cnVlLCJwbiI6ImlkNjk1MTU0ODQyMzIyMjMwOSIsImZxIjowfQ&s=fOegK8OxYAPz2JB3VEu9PygkUis

Go Top

4 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

No pakistan players in IPL... Infact Afridi was part of Deccan Chargers team in 1st year didn't do much...

He retired so Indian Suckkers will lick his diick now bro