Top Posters In This Topic

• kasi

• katuri

• lazybugger

• VizagRocks

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, lazybugger said:

nenu antaava. aa white guy choosthey paapanga unnadu naaku. Vaadu edho vaagani ani vadilesey vaadini. avasaramaithey, I'll try to talk to him in a nicer tone. Try to understand what his problem is. Sometimes I have been successful.

idhey rant evadanna baaga suit eskoni vaagithey, khachithanga react avtha. mostly snarky comments vestha. video teesey antha dhoola aithey ledhu.

evado ekkado evadno kaalusthey, nenu responsible laaga cheppaku. koncham sense tho maatladu.

Bro I agree with you on this one. Some idiot might have made a wisecrack but by booting him off the plane, his animosity is only going to increase towards people of this particular color. So the situation won't improve in anyway. 

Sare he made a remark saying "Do you have a bomb in that" to the Pakistani lady who was putting her suitcase in the overhead bin. Daaniki they could have just retorted with an equally sarcastic remark or tried to talk to him in a way he understands. I dont' think he was arguing after that comment anyway. I am thinking he must be a divorced middle aged White guy with some frustrations in life who wanted to take it out on someone like this immigrant, and thought he was being funny. 

I have faced situations where people made comments like these, I usually give it back to them in an equally sarcastic tone. Once they understand that not all Brown people are submissive docile lapdogs they will learn to shut up. I have made many an idiot shut up with this policy. 

Just Indians ni champarni kakunda.. everyone should condemn and protest against these acts every where.. whether it happened to you or it happened to some one of other race...

17 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

lol. unless you mean this 'good american' makes a deal with the racist one that is okay for the racist one, I don't see how 'dynamics' can change.

bottomline, I don't want people to suffer heavily for small things like making an off the cuff remark like this guy in the video did.

As long as the authority you complain to, doesn't treat him unfairly (causing more resentment towards coloreds), i'm alright with it.

---------

For godsake, in India people literally beat others they don't agree with. Just making uncomfy remarks should not be grounds for someone to be taken off a plane.

So its not the video (shooting it) that will piss off white people, but how flimsy the charge against him was. 

you can speculate what ever u want to....

authorities dont act as per their will...THERE ARE RULES that they should act according to !!!!!

8 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Bro I agree with you on this one. Some idiot might have made a wisecrack but by booting him off the plane, his animosity is only going to increase towards people of this particular color. So the situation won't improve in anyway. 

Sare he made a remark saying "Do you have a bomb in that" to the Pakistani lady who was putting her suitcase in the overhead bin. Daaniki they could have just retorted with an equally sarcastic remark or tried to talk to him in a way he understands. I dont' think he was arguing after that comment anyway. I am thinking he must be a divorced middle aged White guy with some frustrations in life who wanted to take it out on someone like this immigrant, and thought he was being funny. 

I have faced situations where people made comments like these, I usually give it back to them in an equally sarcastic tone. Once they understand that not all Brown people are submissive docile lapdogs they will learn to shut up. I have made many an idiot shut up with this policy. 

Sensible post

7 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

yeah, be assertive, and don't back down. 

ofcourse, to prolong an argument in real life will be pointless, and is strictly only for db :)

but mostly the other guy will shut up, if you give it back to him. Unless he's looking for a fight.

anyway these interactions (good or bad) will only help build cross cultural dynamics. Just shutting ourselves to reality, and appealing to authority all the time makes us look like pansies.

11 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

no one is making comments thinking that browns are docile or submissive.......they comment because they want to. Good that you didnt get into arguments with a crackhead with a gun in his pocket 

2 minutes ago, kasi said:

no one is making comments thinking that browns are docile or submissive.......they comment because they want to. Good that you didnt get into arguments with a crackhead with a gun in his pocket 

Yes crackheads tho arguments waste bro. You can however use their logic filled with gaping holes against them to make them realize how stupid they have been without you even asserting it directly. 

That's the beauty of taking a witty jab, you disrobe the other person without him even realizing it. 

6 minutes ago, kasi said:

you are making completely tangential point. Who's talking about dealing with crackheads here?

we are talking of public spaces, filled with public people, without guns and sh1t. These kind of comments happen rarely there, and can/should be countered.

Not complain to the authority. As long as he doesn't physically attack you.

Just now, katuri said:

Leave the case bro it's waste of time . This guys were bad to the bar tender if I am not wrong or they didn't give tip that may be other issue 

so you didn't even watch the video.

welcome to the 'wont read and watch sh1t, but will have opinion' club. you are worse than I am :)

1 minute ago, VizagRocks said:

you are making completely tangential point. Who's talking about dealing with crackheads here?

we are talking of public spaces, filled with public people, without guns and sh1t. These kind of comments happen rarely there, and can/should be countered.

Not complain to the authority. As long as he doesn't physically attack you.

Complaining to the authority makes them feel that they are actually being right in what they said, and since you can't do anything else your sole option is to run to daddy and complain. 

No no no that's the wrong approach. 

Oka pataka lanti desi gadu tagili if you can put them in their place without resorting to any aggressive verbal banter, that's it. Cheppa kadaa that sense of racial pride will take a 180 degree turn. I wouldn't call myself a master at doing that but I am a seasoned veteran. Pani kattuku potha redneck areas ki ilantolla kosam, Idgaf about my life. So far no one bothered to get physical with me.