Moving to USA is the worst decision

vendetta

Srn Ramanujam ·
The police and army in US are something which Indians dont like to be in, so they admit US is not their country! which is why the sniper told GET OUT OF MINE
13006619_10153629592268995_7936400934494
Himanshu Vyas
This is insulting!
Indians serve in the American armed forces and the police aplenty. The brother of SC governor, Nikki Haley, has served in the armed forces. U.S. armed forces have Hindu and Sikh chaplains for a reason.
You may be from an IIT but you, sir, are the definition of an idiot.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• vendetta

• coffee

• princeofheaven

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:02 PM, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

Moving to the US in my case proved to be the best decision I have ever taken in my life.Period.

Like any other decision we take in life -this had pros and cons but the pros outweigh cons when it came to moving to the US. I already had a good job in New Zealand and was hesitant to move here but eventually was convinced to move here by my then fiancee and now wife.

Positive changes in my life after moving to the US:

• Self Confidence: I have noticed a sea change in the levels of my self confidence over the years I have lived here in the US. Unwittingly living in an area where I am the only Indian meant inevitable relationships with native Americans which opened up a new avenue for intellectual evolution in my life. The fact that my family here in the US is also American meant I had the opportunity and access to live, share and co mingle with American families. This quickly translated into massive improvement in my confidence when dealing with Americans here in general both personally and professionally.
  • English: One of the biggest positives of moving to the US was an almost immediate improvement in my English language skills. Once again living in a non immigrant area perhaps allowed me to flex my learning muscles and compete with the local population when applying for jobs. The result was a very conspicuous upward graph in my fluency of English.
  • Integration: Very fortunate to have successfully integrated myself into the local community here. Have family and friends in Caucasian, African American and Mexican American communities. Integration does not mean you have to sacrifice whatever lifestyle, ethical choices you have made. I still am a vegetarian, tee teetotaler.  No American has ever forced me to drink or eat meat at any social gathering. If anything, they respect your choices for example at my workplace for Thanksgiving they specially order separate vegetarian food and non alcoholic ciders for me.
  • Financial Strength: Last but not the least - substantial financial gain. Was able to clear off all the loans back home in India and provide my family and friends with a reliable, regular financial stream. 

Now the downside certainly is not being able to live with my parents and friends. But if I think about it now - my father was born in a remote village somewhere in a remote part of my state. Had he chose not to move to Hyderabad - he would not have been able to pave way for my own progress. History has proven that it is natural for human beings to move to places for various reasons all in an effort to better their existing situation.

United States may not be "the" perfect country in the world - but in my opinion it still continues be a beacon of hope and an avenue for several immigrants' hopes and dreams. Which is the reason why it has and will continue in the future to attract the largest number of immigrants.

To end -I have enjoyed living here every single day of my life. It has been a massive learning opportunity and allowed me to grow as a professional and more importantly as a person.

Sh!t happens everywhere bro... you are right. .US always gave a lot to ppl... few such incidents are unfortunate and the change comes from within.. Racism hatred cannot be removed completely from ppl.. its everywhere..

it would be better if they try to do more good and change the stereotype