• Published on November 14, 2016
  • LikedUnlikeLinkedIn is not Facebook...seriously, it's not

• Comment

• ShareShare LinkedIn is not Facebook...seriously, it's not

Adam Prybelski

Adam Prybelski

FollowAdam Prybelski

Sr. Manager - Open to new opportunties

I have been noticing a trend that people are starting to post things on LinkedIn that appear....better suited for a social media site like Facebook. I know this is not a new topic, but it keeps happening.

Why should I take the time to write a post about this?  Because I find myself starting to unfollow more and more people due to the irrelevant content they are posting on LinkedIn. I specifically go to LinkedIn over other social media sites like Facebook because of the business content I expect to find.

According to LinkedIn's About Us page, LinkedIn is,"...the world's largest professional network with more than 433 million members in 200 countries and territories around the globe."

Right away I read the word professional.  Is it professional to post your preference for one political party?  Is it professional to re-share a story about raising money for a person with cancer?  I know it may seem harsh, but social media sites like Facebook and Twitter exist for the sole purpose of sharing personal information and thoughts and opinions.  Facebook has the following mission, ”... to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them."  As you can see, Facebook says nothing about being a place for professionals.

So again, I asked..."what is the purpose of LinkedIn?"  I decided to look at their mission statement, which states, "Our mission is simple: To connect the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful. When you join LinkedIn, you get access to people, jobs, news, updates, and insights that help you be great at what you do"

So next time you are going to share something on LinkedIn, ask yourself if this is going to make a professional more productive or successful, ask if your post will help someone to be great at what they do.

• LikedUnlikeLinkedIn is not Facebook...seriously, it's not

• Comment

• ShareShare LinkedIn is not Facebook...seriously, it's not

5 hours ago, ranku_mogudu said:

Ltt for Linkedin facebookers

manollu chaaaala over action chestaaru...quotes....self stories.......images....mainly desi ee ekkuva fb laaga use chestaar...erriii puvu gaallu

10 hours ago, BommaliNinnodhala said:

manollu chaaaala over action chestaaru...quotes....self stories.......images....mainly desi ee ekkuva fb laaga use chestaar...erriii puvu gaallu

desi marketing people esp bro.

villaki vochey prize lu awards lu gits lo.

osho quotes..  professionals FB maadhiri vaadutharu. oka sari connect ayyaka, they can ask if they are on FB and add them kadha. naa royya

Variety_Pullayya

10 hours ago, BommaliNinnodhala said:

Idem chusav..Chandini Chowdhary pics kuda pedharu ammayilu