Estory1 : Na Mogudu Na Mataa Vinatledhu

rapchik

On 3/7/2017 at 2:04 PM, rapchik said:

Dear friends,
Living in a nuclear family with 2 young kids, when I get back from work, my husband is the only adult I have around to share my day experiences, my thoughts etc. with. However, he does not like to listen to me. He prefers to just come home and be on the computer, or watch TV, or his phone. This has been a constant issue of stress between us in the last 5 years of marriage, and leads to a fight also every now and then. 
I have tried different things, taking out 30 mins block of time to talk, or talking during dinner. But whatever I try, I always find him disinterested. He either closes his eyes, and tells me "I am listening", or starts asking a totally unrelated thing of his own in between. Some things he does listen to with interest, but it is rare and sporadic in between.
Our lives are good otherwise, and there are no other problems between us. However, this one thing is very hurting to me, as I feel this is the only thing I want from my husband, is to be able to share, and companionship. He doesn't do anything else for me ever, as in never give gifts on anniversary/birthdays. He is not romantic, or say anything loving, and no loving gestures. He is practical, a great father, and keeps up all his responsibilties towards the home and family. But personally, does nothing for me. I am used to all of that now, but I will not be able to talk to him and share, I will go into loneliness and depression. Neither do I want to keep forcing my talks on him, if he is not interested, and clearly tells me he doesnt like to listen to me.
What should I do?

@3$%

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rapchik

• Spartan

• Myth1

• ICANWIN

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, shankara said: