H4 EAD holders: Working 'changed my life'

greensboro

22 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Yes use the same argument when trying to defend H4 EAD. Who said they can't work in IT? If they have competence and know what they are doing they can surely work in any field they desire. It's not so much what I think they should be doing, but the immigration authorities seem to think there's no value being added by those H4 EADs working in Walmarts and Macys even if it's happening so legally. Would all them be hypocrites as well?? Surely seems so since they all seem to think H4 EAD is being abused. @3$%

Did you even read the statements when they initially published this rule? Why you always cry on H4EAD when so many OPTs working for less pay with dubbing and damaging billing rates. Don't tell me halwa logic as they deserve because they worked hard illegally in gas stations.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ronitreddy

• tennisluvr

• TampaChinnodu

• megadheera

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, megadheera said:

Did you even read the statements when they initially published this rule? Why you always cry on H4EAD when so many OPTs working for less pay with dubbing and damaging billing rates. Don't tell me halwa logic as they deserve because they worked hard illegally in gas stations.

Naah I am not crying personally, however it does sure seem like there's a lot of abuse going on due to granting H4 visa holders an EAD. Whether it's in the form of nepotism at work place or some other way I am not aware of, why would you think the authorities are specifically focusing on them specifically? I don't think most of the OPTs you mention are even able to find work for the most part these days. But I am not in favor of driving down billing rates by those OPTs either. 

15 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Naah I am not crying personally, however it does sure seem like there's a lot of abuse going on due to granting H4 visa holders an EAD. Whether it's in the form of nepotism at work place or some other way I am not aware of, why would you think the authorities are specifically focusing on them specifically? I don't think most of the OPTs you mention are even able to find work for the most part these days. But I am not in favor of driving down billing rates by those OPTs either. 

We abuse everything. H1B,L1, OPT,CPT. You name it. I never saw single post from you against dubbing OPTs

18 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

first mesthri gallani bokkalo vesthey anni set avuthayee. free market will decide billing rates depending on supply and demand. 

Just now, aviator said:

they cherry pick these successful h4 ead cases for news. these cases will be <5% of whole h4 ead population.

not even five. I would say one in a thousand.

8 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

h4 is unhcontrollable commondity....the numbers are quite uncertain and government has no control over the number of h4 coming into the market each year and no limitiations making h4 a perfect tool for abuse by employers resulting in discrimination of other work visa types.

It should be revoked. Obama by far might be people's president but few decades down the road, he will be remembered as one of the worst american president ever. silly rules and silly immigration policies which are not on par with other regulations. 

Our desi employers were in need of something like h4 ead to take full advantage of regulations in the market and h4 ead provided everything they wanted. Poor dependents doesnt know that they wer ebeing exploited by their husbands and employers to a large extent, working for par below salaries, and so called geniuses are actually contributing to the fall of wages and their numbers are now at alarming level. 

I m against h4 EAD but if the law is changed and make h4 EAD also a controlled and monitored work program, I support h4 EAD. H4 EAD should be tied to spouse h1b and it has to be filed by the same employer and should have all the rules applicable for h1b. 

H4 i think is roughly equal to the number of H1's right since polygamy is illegal in US. didnt gobama not do a labour impact study of any kind..