thellodu comment on h1b

desiboys

... training my replacement,  after I gave notice.

I am always looking for a new job,  anyone who isn't is a fool.

So, I was/am happily employed by a medium sized  ,very high tech , company.  I'm a sys-integration guy, which means I used to be an very good developer, then got more interesting in the bigger picture.  Since I was never satisfied with my knowledge in any aspect of computing,  I became very good with OS fundamentals, networking,  file systems,  and all the other peripheral stuff associated with software development  (revision control,  ticketing, testing,  deployment, you name it,  I know about it )    So Integration came easy.

I  recently found a significantly better paying,  more interesting job, so gave notice.   My company hired an H1B to replace me.

He is useless.   After 3 weeks of fairly intensive OJT, he is still unable to even start to resolve the few minor problems that come up.

I have very,  very little faith that he will be able to take over for me.

I know for a fact that he is being paid less than half of what I am earning.  I  also know that totally qualified locals are available,  for about 85% of my rate.

So, I  have told him,  he shouldn't even have the job, he is taking a decent paying position from a properly qualified local,  and that he should be happy I'm not his boss, cause I'd fire his ass immediately.  I have a pretty good suspicion that he was hired because the project manager' wife (indian) has a H1B recruiting company in India.   She's a bitch and a half too.

Needless to say we're not really on speaking terms.

fuck the H1B program.   It's just a way to abuse the labor market.  There's no skills shortage,  there's a corporate greed problem.

https://news.slashdot.org/story/17/03/11/0253217/ieee-usa-criticizes-failure-to-reform-the-h-b-program

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TampaChinnodu

• desiboys

• perugu_vada

• RubberBaloo

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, desiboys said:

So, I was/am happily employed by a medium sized  ,very high tech , company.  I'm a sys-integration guy, which means I used to be an very good developer, then got more interesting in the bigger picture.  Since I was never satisfied with my knowledge in any aspect of computing,  I became very good with OS fundamentals, networking,  file systems,  and all the other peripheral stuff associated with software development  (revision control,  ticketing, testing,  deployment, you name it,  I know about it )    So Integration came easy.

I  recently found a significantly better paying,  more interesting job, so gave notice.   My company hired an H1B to replace me.

He is useless.   After 3 weeks of fairly intensive OJT, he is still unable to even start to resolve the few minor problems that come up.

I know for a fact that he is being paid less than half of what I am earning.  I  also know that totally qualified locals are available,  for about 85% of my rate.

So, I  have told him,  he shouldn't even have the job, he is taking a decent paying position from a properly qualified local,  and that he should be happy I'm not his boss, cause I'd fire his ass immediately.  I have a pretty good suspicion that he was hired because the project manager' wife (indian) has a H1B recruiting company in India.   She's a bitch and a half too.

fuck the H1B program.   It's just a way to abuse the labor market.  There's no skills shortage,  there's a corporate greed problem.

https://news.slashdot.org/story/17/03/11/0253217/ieee-usa-criticizes-failure-to-reform-the-h-b-program

bl@st

1 minute ago, desiboys said:

kampu chesaru job market ni. thatha vachi clean up cheyyali ee rotha batch ni

Project managers ki , team leads ki , directors ki staffing agencies vunte adi conflict of interest kinda enduku consider cheyyavo companies naa matta. It is obvious they will recommend contracting jobs over full time if that is the case. Majority of the contract positions same story.

23 minutes ago, TampaChinnodu said:

Project managers ki , team leads ki , directors ki staffing agencies vunte adi conflict of interest kinda enduku consider cheyyavo companies naa matta. It is obvious they will recommend contracting jobs over full time if that is the case. Majority of the contract positions same story.

companies ki code of ethics policies lo clear ga untundi. kani evvaru strict ga follow avvaru.

This is BS.. employer spends more on a H1b candidate than on a local candidate. evaru local candidate ni replace chedaam ani h1b ni hire chesukoru... 

all these are BS stories trying to mislead people. ivi annee nijam anukune indians meeda padutunnaru..

4 minutes ago, RubberBaloo said:

This is BS.. employer spends more on a H1b candidate than on a local candidate. evaru local candidate ni replace chedaam ani h1b ni hire chesukoru... 

all these are BS stories trying to mislead people. ivi annee nijam anukune indians meeda padutunnaru..

That is correct

misconception tho janala meda hatredness penchutunaru without knowing minimal things

E article rasinodu evado hard core thella tholu musali gadu ayi untadu, vaalla k e range hatredness undedi brown skin valla ni chusthe

2 minutes ago, RubberBaloo said:

normal gaa anukoru. But Team leads, Directors , Projects managers ke staffing agencies vundi, or commissions theesukune scope vunte chestharu. That is what happening now in most of the companies on contracting jobs.

1 minute ago, TampaChinnodu said:

normal gaa anukoru. But Team leads, Directors , Projects managers ke staffing agencies vundi, or commissions theesukune scope vunte chestharu. That is what happening now in most of the companies on contracting jobs.

Contracting jobs ki nuvu annadi correct, anthe kani fte's ki kadu

13 hours ago, desiboys said:

Matter less,  crying more undi

2 minutes ago, perugu_vada said:

Contracting jobs ki nuvu annadi correct, anthe kani fte's ki kadu

Agreed. Full time probably wont happen. But there have been some accusations in the past that Indian IT services biggies also giving kickbacks to get operations outsourced.

1 minute ago, TampaChinnodu said:

Agreed. Full time probably wont happen. But there have been some accusations in the past that Indian IT services biggies also giving kickbacks to get operations outsourced.

Obvious ga istaru, adi known fact kada