BJP set To form Goa Government, Manohar Parrikar is Back As Goa Chief Minister

sid_22

Image result for manohar parrikar

The BJP is ready to retain Goa, despite placing second in the picturesque coastal state. There will be one major change if it forms the government: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar will return to his home state as Chief Minister. Together with union minister Nitin Gadkari, he held a long meeting  this evening at a five-star hotel where the BJP efficiently collected the additional seven seats it needs from small regional parties. Mr Parrikar then met with Governor Mridula Sinha to stake claim and was invited to form the government. He will have to prove his majority in the assembly within 15 days of swearing in as Chief Minister.

Mr Gadkari said that Mr Parrikar has not resigned yet as Defence Minister but Goa legislators want him as Chief Minister.
Goa has 40 seats. The Congress won the most - 17 - but not enough to form the government - the target is 21. The BJP, which is the incumbent, won 13. Its legislators met this morning and unanimously said they want Mr Parrikar to give up his job as Defence Minister to head their government.

So who forms the government depended heavily on regional parties. The Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party or MGP is a former ally of the BJP (it opted out of the partnership right before the election). It won three seats and has said it will support the BJP if Mr Parrikar is selected by his party as head of the government.

Another regional party Goa Forward, which also won three seats, has provided its support in writing at the meeting this evening.

There are three independents who have been elected two of whom have promised support to the BJP, earning it the seven extra seats it needs for a majority.

Mr Parrikar, after taking over as Chief Minister, will have to get elected to the Goa legislature within six months. He will also have to prove his majority in the legislature.

The Congress's Digvijaya Singh has accused the BJP of wooing defections and horse-trading. But he said that if the Congress does not get enough written support to hit 21 seats, it would "not like" to try and form the government.

4 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

good riddance to this moron defence minister.

unfortunately Modi is going to appoint another idiot to that cabinet post.

@3$% entooo ee yevvaram 

baagaa raguluthundhi 

5 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

edo anali kabati anatam tappa .. how is he moron ? India has not seen a better defense minister than him. His speech instills confidence in armed forces .. have you seen working of Salman Kurshid (minister of external afafirs). A.K Antony (defense minister ) .. you will feel sad for country because of them ..

8 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

What the ...........heck man ....... he is a good person ...... tell me who in past has done Surgical strikes ....who in the past have bought state of the art latest equipment for soldiers and OROP...... maaan you are not understanding the details .... you should look at things positively ...... you have lot of negativity

Just now, infinity said:

edo anali kabati anatam tappa .. how is he moron ? India has not seen a better defense minister than him. His speech instills confidence in armed forces .. have you seen working of Salman Kurshid (minister of external afafirs). A.K Antony (defense minister ) .. you will feel sad for country because of them ..

dude, he boasted about something called "surgical strikes". what was the need to admit to such strikes, when earlier strikes were carefully guarded secrets? Is there a logic to it?

he also claimed that those strikes finished off terror, and couple months later another batch came and attacked military posts. Is this what you what you call as 'better defence minister'?

defence minister doesn't have to provide week by week updates to people on his organization. This guy is just another attention seeking b1tch in Modi's cabinet. His IIT degree probably makes him look like a genius. But listening to him, I can't feel that genius touch.

11 minutes ago, babu_bangaram said:

What the ...........heck man ....... he is a good person ...... tell me who in past has done Surgical strikes ....who in the past have bought state of the art latest equipment for soldiers and OROP...... maaan you are not understanding the details .... you should look at things positively ...... you have lot of negativity

every govt did surgical strikes. They had the sense to keep it a secret, so they can diplomatically claim that India is not a war mongering country.

I don't see any details worthy of seeing. All i see is this moron making silly statements now and then, whenever he feels out of favour with Modi.

7 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

every govt did surgical strikes. They had the sense to keep it a secret, so they can diplomatically claim that India is not a war mongering country.

I don't see any details worth of seeing. All i see is this moron making silly statements now and then, whenever he feels out of favour with Modi.

exactlyy  @3$%

9 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

I don't see any details worth of seeing. All i see is this moron making silly statements now and then, whenever he feels out of favour with Modi.

yaaa anduke bombay attacks jarigeyi kadaaa........happy gaaa boat lo ochi kaalichi dobberu ..... i pity you .........

9 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

yaaa anduke bombay attacks jarigeyi kadaaa........happy gaaa boat lo ochi kaalichi dobberu ..... i pity you .........

4 minutes ago, babu_bangaram said:

babu, recent ga military post lu enni attack jarigaayo choosko? nuvvu civilian meedha attacks daaka vachesaav.

nenemi AK Anthony greatest ani cheppaledhu. nuvvey cheppavu Parrikar thopu ani.