OPTs kosam linkedin Meesage

andhrabullet

1 hour ago, bondjamesbond said:

gre ki chadivedi endi vay 

maths 800 easy 

englist 350 chalu 

toefl 80 easy gane vastayi ....

Inkonchem effort pedithe manchi score vastundi.Ma time lo more than 1300 out of 1600 vachina valaki andariki assistantships vachayi in good public universities.But nowadays noone wants to study hard for GRE but are ready to spend 20 lakhs for MS.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Batman_fan

• argadorn

• ronitreddy

• tom bhayya

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, infoseeker786 said:

contract enduku bro.they can try FT kadha.if they put little more effort they can get FT too 

fte visa iisues valla theskovataledhu asalu ...opt lo emi kadhu ra 3 years undhi anna ma preferred vendor tho ra antunaru ... 

5 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

luck ani saku chepi prati okadu effort petadam manesadu. Kani effort pete vadu epudu luck ni nammukodu. People are still coming to US for MBA, which costs 180K in top schools even though they know it is all lottery for H1B and they only have 1 chance unlike STEM people. 

nenu cheppedhi normal average students gurinchi ...

5 minutes ago, infoseeker786 said:

Inkonchem effort pedithe manchi score vastundi.Ma time lo more than 1300 out of 1600 vachina valaki andariki assistantships vachayi in good public universities.But nowadays noone wants to study hard for GRE but are ready to spend 20 lakhs for MS.

+ add me 

Just now, argadorn said:

fte visa iisues valla theskovataledhu asalu ...opt lo emi kadhu ra 3 years undhi anna ma preferred vendor tho ra antunaru ... 

Not true. Visa issues doesn't matter if student is from good school. Like top 30-35 engg schools and locally recognized schools

9 minutes ago, infoseeker786 said:

Yep. I got 1470 and 300/300 in TOEFL long time ago of course. Enough to get me a Graduate Assistantship on campus, never worked off campus for a single day in my life till my graduation. 

1 minute ago, argadorn said:

nenu cheppedhi normal average students gurinchi ...

+ add me 

There is no average student concept for Indians in US. Get admission in good school and get FT or struggle for the rest of life. Having FT soon after graduation puts you in fast track needed to progress and reach positions that are not possible otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Yep. I got 1470 and 300/300 in TOEFL long time ago of course. Enough to get me a Graduate Assistantship on campus, never worked off campus for a single day in my life till my graduation. 

^^

14 hours ago, andhrabullet said:

Dear graduate students - You studied so hard for GRE and cracked it, you stood in long queues and put in so much efforts to get the coveted F1 visa, you succeeded in getting on-campus jobs, you slogged so hard to get good grades in your master's in spite of the competition, you managed the entire masters on your own without much help, you learnt cooking, you sacrificed your family time to do advance in your career, you were able to defend your thesis or pass the comprehensive exam. You defied and destroyed a lot of people's perception over the last two years. This shows your awesome tough character. What is stopping you from getting a full time job or an internship. You will get it surely!

GRE - maa ooru lo Rs 20k isthey rasi pedatharu 

F1 visa - yes self attend avvalsindey thappadu

univ application - Rs 10k pay sethey consultancy odu soosukuntadu 

on-campus jaabs - \kastam. seniors/dosthu gally off campus refer setharu 

2 minutes ago, k2s said:

GRE - maa ooru lo Rs 20k isthey rasi pedatharu 

F1 visa - yes self attend avvalsindey thappadu

univ application - Rs 10k pay sethey consultancy odu soosukuntadu 

on-campus jaabs - \kastam. seniors/dosthu gally off campus refer setharu 

ROFL

44 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

There is no average student concept for Indians in US. Get admission in good school and get FT or struggle for the rest of life. Having FT soon after graduation puts you in fast track needed to progress and reach positions that are not possible otherwise. 

nuvu nenu sync lo lemu ..vadileseyi ....top 30 univs regional based ah or us motham lona ... 30 in 4 regions 120 univs course ki 30 to 60 accept chestharu manchi univs ..good univs has 10 to 20 good courses ...so 30000 to 40000 students out of 160000 coming to usa should go to good/not bad  univs providing internships adhi jaruguthundha..i was graduated from top 30 regional univeristy internship companies  lo 1 company will take international students  ...tried for 3 months .very hard.... 

55 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

Not true. Visa issues doesn't matter if student is from good school. Like top 30-35 engg schools and locally recognized schools

Lets say u came to USA on F1 Visa and graduated from carnegie Mellon University with some major. Some big firms like amazon, microsoft hired you as Employee in OPT and paying around 120k with benefits. How those companies proceed if ur H1b isn't picked in lottery for 3 years?

2 minutes ago, argadorn said:

nuvu nenu sync lo lemu ..vadileseyi ....top 30 univs regional based ah or us motham lona ... 30 in 4 regions 120 univs course ki 30 to 60 accept chestharu manchi univs ..good univs has 10 to 20 good courses ...so 30000 to 40000 students out of 160000 coming to usa should go to good/not bad  univs providing internships adhi jaruguthundha..i was graduated from top 30 regional univeristy internship companies  lo 1 company will take international students  ...tried for 3 months .very hard.... 

No need to sync. Rule of thumb is get admission to good Univ and get FT. That good univs can sometimes need to be in top 20  and can sometimes extend to top 50 depending on the risks such as lottery. Unfortunatley, last 3 years, it is lottery system so not many companies are going beyond the elite schools. 

6 minutes ago, BostonBullodu said:

Lets say u came to USA on F1 Visa and graduated from carnegie Mellon University with some major. Some big firms like amazon, microsoft hired you as Employee in OPT and paying around 120k with benefits. How those companies proceed if ur H1b isn't picked in lottery for 3 years?

Good question. Do you know me? If it is STEM degree, you have 3 years to try. If not picked even after 3 years, go to different country. Most people go to their home country.