Singer SP Balasubrahmanyam not to sing Ilaiyaraaja's songs after legal notice

Kool_SRG

singers never were used for this before .............hence the heartburn .....anyplace in the world the music director owns the rights and only if he sells to music company then the music company owns the IP ......

6 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

vaadu raaka poyina ivvaala. adhi rule. SPB isthunnado, aa IPRS vaallu eggodthunnaro, leka SPB nay eggodthunnado Ilayaraja ki telivaali.

SPB adhi cheppakunda, public lo sympathy mongering. already SPB is the fakest celebrity. athi vinayam in public. ilanti issue lo clarity tho maatladali ani athaniki thochaledhu. obvious.

@gr33d

and nothing wrong from Ilaya raja's side to go legally in this scenario

28 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

Finally. Those who say Singer also has property rights to the song don't know how the system works.

Ilayaraja is perfectly right in asking SPB to stop singing. SPB, instead of crying, could have explained if he had paid the royalty to IPRS, so IPRS can be put on the dock.

that SPB has not done that makes it seem that he's trying to stiff Ilayaraja off his legitimate earnings. 

I wasn't aware of all that was described in the article regarding IPRS earlier. My assumption was that such royalties were already taken care of before these performances so I am surprised to see that such a system doesn't exist. 

I would support Ilayaraja on this issue, not just him but I guess this is a deterrent to any singer in the future not to sing songs by a composer without taking his permission or paying the due royalties. 

7 minutes ago, siru said:

comedy aside...Ilaya Raja doesnt like to do kaya kacheris for money..So far he only did concerst for charity and he explicitly said he doesnt like to do concerts for money.

When he owns the rights to the songs e composed, He has every right to stop some one from using his songs and that too with out permission by scums like spb

@gr33d

29 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

Those who call Ilayarajaa as greedy, less talented than DSP, etc.. 

pls learn about an issue before you mouth off nonsense.

Ilayaraja less talented than DSP aa, adi evado joking anukunta uncle. 99% of people would never even compare DSP and Ilayaraja in the same league. 

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I wasn't aware of all that was described in the article regarding IPRS earlier. My assumption was that such royalties were already taken care of before these performances so I am surprised to see that such a system doesn't exist. 

I would support Ilayaraja on this issue, not just him but I guess this is a deterrent to any singer in the future not to sing songs by a composer without taking his permission or paying the due royalties. 

It exists, but Ilayaraja is not happy with the way it functions, and has asked for his songs not to be performed in public.

If SPB actually considers Ilayaraja as his friend, he should have avoided singing those songs, and worked to set the system right.

Instead now by singing, and then posting to garner sympathy in public, SPB has behaved in a despicably underhanded way in showing his friendship to ilayaraja.

Just now, lazybugger said:

It exists, but Ilayaraja is not happy with the way it functions, and has asked for his songs not to be performed in public.

If SPB actually considers Ilayaraja as his friend, he should have avoided singing those songs, and worked to set the system right.

Instead now by singing, and then posting to garner sympathy in public, SPB has behaved in a despicably underhanded way in showing his friendship to ilayaraja.

Sad for music lovers. They seemed to have genuine respect for each other, not anymore perhaps. 

5 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

*=:

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

+1SPB em charity ki cheyatle, vallu manchi ga venaka veskuntunaru. FB lo sollu enduko mari, Raja has every right to stop whoever sings his songs without his permission.

4 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Ilayaraja less talented than DSP aa, adi evado joking anukunta uncle. 99% of people would never even compare DSP and Ilayaraja in the same league. 

artists, celebrities are mostly assholes. AR Rahman is an exception. They are not model citizens. They are greedy, etc.

but it can't be held against them when they are fighting for what is their right.

I don't know about DSP that much.

If a modern society is about building lasting and strong institutions, cleaning up IPRS and its processes is among one of the things that should be done.

Whatever Ilayaraja is personally, he's right in forcing them to change their working style by refusing to let his songs be sung in public.

SPB should learn to cooperate.