Quora lo ee H1 question ki answers dekho

Quickgun_murugan

16 minutes ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-better-to-move-to-Canada-as-a-Permanent-Resident-instead-of-staying-in-US-on-H1B/answer/Surya-Chaitanya-Kari

I immigrated to Canada after studying and working in the US for 9 years. Here are two absolutely real conversations that happened to me. I hold an Indian passport, and I was working with what was then ranked as the best company to work for in the US.

Fun fact : My wife and I paid more taxes together than the average family income in the state of North Carolina.

Anyway, back on topic.

Place : Raleigh Durham Airport Immigration

Date : November 2014

My wife and I are returning from a family visit to London. At the airport, there are signs that are fairly ambiguous. Visitors on one line, and residents on the other. We figured, “Hey, we are residents, right?” We pay taxes, and we have been here in NC for the past 6 years. So we stand in the residents line

Immigration Officer : Passport or Green Card are please. I tell her I am on an H1B and that Raleigh is home for me for the last 5 years. She looks at me and says and I will never forget this

“You have no right to stand in this line. This is reserved for US Citizens and LPRs. This is the only time I will allow you to enter through this lane. You are a LONG TERM visitor, and this is not permanent home. Your home is your country of origin.”

She then asks me when I am leaving the country. I again remind her that I work in NC full time. She asks me again, this time while reminding me that my last date is the one indicated on my I-797.

And for all the Yanks who are saying “ She was right “ jingoism , yes she was absolutely right but it shatters the illusion of belonging. After staying in a country for 10 years a part of you becomes comfortable with the fact that you get to stay and live there. Moments like this shatter that illusion.

Fast Forward to today : March 2017 (moved to Toronto in Nov 2015 as a Permanent resident)

Place : Toronto Pearson Immigration

I enter the country and look around. No officers for Permanent residents. I use a machine that asks me nothing but my Maple Leaf Card ( I call my PR the Maple Leaf Card). Not even my passport. The machine spits out a paper.

At the exit an immigration officer takes my paper, looks at me and says,

Officer : Welcome Home sir. How was your trip?

Those words, “Welcome Home,” something I have never heard in a US Airport make you feel so special. It just makes you feel accepted; you feel a warm invisible blanket of embrace when you come in. Something I only feel when I go back to India. The first sight of a Canadian flag in Pearson reminds you that you are home and safe, it is indescribable in words.

I love Canada, my wife, who questioned the rational of leaving a fairly stable life in the US and moving to Canada, now loves this country.

Canada really is the ‘True North, Strong and Free’; the last bastion of true freedom in the world; the most amazing country in the world.

bongu. british vallu prathi daniki over vinayam chupistharu. daniki manodu.... respect anukoni feel ayyadu papam

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quickgun_murugan

• tennisluvr

• nandananditha

• Picha lite

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Yes uncle morning e choosa nenu kooda, it came on my Quora daily digest. 

What do you say about what he said? Athanu cheppindi correcte kadaa, US lo immigrants ante purugulani choosinattu choostharu TSA vallu. They don't care if you are legal/illegal. 

ee post lo vadu maree over chesadu...

eediki GC isthe peers and friends tho eedi OA maamoolga undadanukunta..

first of all y to go in a line that clearly says Citizens and Residents... vadi athi kakapothe..

and when she asks about visa expiry just say fcuking visa expiry data than being smart... 

2 minutes ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

ee post lo vadu maree over chesadu...

eediki GC isthe peers and friends tho eedi OA maamoolga undadanukunta..

first of all y to go in a line that clearly says Citizens and Residents... vadi athi kakapothe..

and when she asks about visa expiry just say fcuking visa expiry data than being smart... 

Yeah that's true. 

41 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

US overall isn't a bad country for immigrants, just talking about how people working at TSA behave. 

Immigrant on a visa anangane they show their arrogance and treat you like a prick, ade same malli GC or citizenship ochindi neeku ante they are nice towards you. 

hmm... emi cheppalem @tennisluvr bro... I know once at JFK... Immigration officer said to me.. like.. oh you came as a student and you are a citizen within 6 years.. nice...

(he was a Hispanic).

okkokka deggara oka laa untaru...

TSA has nothing to do with visa status I guess.. vallu just nee boarding pass and ID check chestaru kada?

he is confused with TSA and DHS officials..

33 minutes ago, k2s said:

bongu. british vallu prathi daniki over vinayam chupistharu. daniki manodu.... respect anukoni feel ayyadu papam

@gr33d

@k2s US immigration deggara scene lo motham eedi athi smartness tho 10gichukunnadu kani akkada vallu chesindemi ledu.

5 years nundi unna kada ani USC GC line lo vellatame kakunda ... Visa eppudu expiry ante kathal 10githe mari vallu kuda cheyyalisndi chestaru...

they see 1000s every day like him.. evadiana rule ante rule .anthe.. over cheyyakunda neat ga velli vallu ivanni anuntey then we can understand..

Moreover TSA has nothing to do with your visa status.. they check your boarding passes and IDs... DHS /immigration officials do the immigration checks.. at POE

13 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Also, has to stop doing these things in USA...@~`

C7Uo9ZEVwAA2Quv.jpg

Kansas Aa shot chesinodu elanti vallani shoot chesina pedha ga feel avakapothunde

21 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Uncle I am just talking about TSA and how they treat you at the POE. TSA chala sarli showed their over reach, vallaki sagam telisi sagam teliyani law tho entho mandini sent back and keep sending back justifying their decisions since those people are on a visa. 

Immigrants em value cheyarantava US ki, alantappudu why don't they treat them in a fairer manner? army or no army that's the fact man. TSA does need some lessons in courtesy. 

Vuncle no offense esu vantivi masthu chepthav chance isthe immigration rules US Constitution Motham re org chestav kani Collision apudu insurance yela work avudo teliyadha@3$%@3$%@3$%@3$%

25 minutes ago, mettastar said:

hmm dont think so .. immigrants GC vachina citizenship vachina immigrant ey .. only born and brought up aithe that is different

To be honest it has nothing to do with born n brought up or some other thing...

Accent makes big difference during your conversation...

4 minutes ago, nandananditha said:

Kansas Aa shot chesinodu elanti vallani shoot chesina pedha ga feel avakapothunde

ilaantolla vallane irritate ayi shoot chesi 10gutunnaru.. Kansas lo inka vella athi matram mamoolga ledu... chillar nayallu...

promote culture and good things about India... not this cheap stuff

Just now, nandananditha said:

Vuncle no offense esu vantivi masthu chepthav chance isthe immigration rules US Constitution Motham re org chestav kani Collision apudu insurance yela work avudo teliyadha@3$%@3$%@3$%@3$%

Insurance ela work avutundo telusu anduke claim open chesa. But premiums ela affect avuthayo teliyadu, experience ledu ee vishayam lo. Anduke nee lanti geniuses ni adiga ikkadochi. 

5 minutes ago, nandananditha said:

U nasty uncle.. daniki deeniki relation endi?

6 minutes ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

ilaantolla vallane irritate ayi shoot chesi 10gutunnaru.. Kansas lo inka vella athi matram mamoolga ledu... chillar nayallu...

promote culture and good things about India... not this cheap stuff

Pilla laki elantivi alavatu chese chetha sanjakodukulani 10gali mundhu