eH okati Denied ... please help

Bathai_Babji

hech-okati deny ante out of status kada...already admission untene kada f1 ki velledi...I was there in a similar situation and was asked for status docs by the school I was trying to get in. I went out and came back with stamping. please ask ur friend to leave the country ASAP. If getting into Kaplan or its ilk without status is possible, that might be a second option. cheepeetee is a big no. YMMV

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICANWIN

• samprok

• Bathai_Babji

• citizenofIND

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

I don't want to argue I was told by ramineni when I applied F1 being on h1 as was going out of status . Employer won't continue .

Sarah Corstange, Immigration Attorney

Nothing happens to your green card priority date when you switch from one status to another. The green card application is completely separate from your status as an H1b worker or an F1 student. 

The problem you are likely to encounter is switching to F1 with a pending green card application. You have to prove "nonimmigrant intent" for an F1 (you don't have to prove this for an H1b), which means you have to prove to USCIS that your permanent home is your home country, and you do not intend to stay indefinitely in the US. This becomes  difficult to prove when you have a green card petition pending.

Just now, BostonBullodu said:

Nothing happens to your green card priority date when you switch from one status to another. The green card application is completely separate from your status as an H1b worker or an F1 student. 

The problem you are likely to encounter is switching to F1 with a pending green card application. You have to prove "nonimmigrant intent" for an F1 (you don't have to prove this for an H1b), which means you have to prove to USCIS that your permanent home is your home country, and you do not intend to stay indefinitely in the US. This becomes  difficult to prove when you have a green card petition pending.

Employer aey continue cheyadu Naku telisi .. I came across this situation in 2012 dec and I was told by ramineni that my GC application will be revoked.. my employer also said he has to revoke . Don't know if some thing changed since then . 

9 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

I don't want to argue I was told by ramineni when I applied F1 being on h1 as was going out of status . Employer won't continue .

It's your employer's choice to keep or  revoke your GC application..

your lawyer is right about skilled labour.. India nundi apply cheyyochu GC ante skilled job ane na meaning.. 

I can gurantee you that GC is for future employment and the person doesn't need to be in status until the priority date comes current..and until the it's time to apply for 1-485

going out of status is different from employer's choice of revoking 140 or continuing 140

Classic eg: Lately companies applied GCs for students who are on F1 status and aquired priority dates. Later they came on to H1B status

2 minutes ago, samprok said:

your lawyer is right about skilled labour.. India nundi apply cheyyochu GC ante skilled job ane na meaning.. 

I can gurantee you that GC is for future employment and the person doesn't need to be in status until the priority date comes current..and until the it's time to apply for 1-485

going out of status is different from employer's choice of revoking 140 or continuing 140

Classic eg: Lately companies applied GCs for students who are on F1 status and aquired priority dates. Later they came on to H1B status

But that is while they have work authorization like opt . 

I don't really know I directly talked to lawyer and he said that . Don't know why he said that then 

6 minutes ago, BostonBullodu said:

+1 but usciss overlooks these usually about non-immigrant intentions

Just now, ICANWIN said:

But that is while they have work authorization like opt . 

I don't really know I directly talked to lawyer and he said that . Don't know why he said that then 

not true, when they are studying without any work authorization..

3 minutes ago, samprok said:

Classic eg: is true i know few of my frnds did this. Not sure abt the rest of the post.

1 hour ago, samprok said:

Option

1) Try to find a consulatancy which has inhouse projects (for real)

2) India ki velli akkadinundi marketing chepinchukoni malli ravachu, neeku assalu experience lekapote India nundi marketing kastam avtundi

3) Please do not go for ceepeeteee .. lottery lo tagalaka teesukunevallu veru.. ilaa avasaram undani teesukunte your future H1Bs ki problem..

Option 1. looks good ...

1 hour ago, Batman_fan said:

how many days we can stay in US after rejection?

After rejection count cheyyaku. Last H1B expiry date nundi 180 days. In case 180 days tharuvatha reject aithe, all the days after 180th day are considered illegal. Ante nee past stay (after 180 days) legal or illegal future lo thelusthundhi. On the day of final decision.

Approve aithe all days (even after 180 th day) is considered legal. It was the case a few years ago. I don't think they have changed it. Strange rules.

4 minutes ago, Bathai_Babji said:

Option 1. looks good ...

5 minutes ago, samprok said:

not true, when they are studying without any work authorization..

Ok 

ramineni Vadu enduku ala cheppado naku 2012 lo .. I joined for very very low pay rate  just to maintain status and for my GC then but luckily got something than coming on to F1 again that too in  last week of dec

27 minutes ago, samprok said:

Please stop thinking and advising about ceepeetee.. aa kastaalu maaku telusu.. kottavallanu daantloki laagoddu..

neeku just F1 status kavali work permit vaddu ante go for kaplan or some english schools which give you I20 for less money and attend classes.. DO NOT HAVE CEEPEETEE MARK on your profile

Babai ee Kaplan school endi please throw a light house here ...