Starbucks Offers Free Refills to Rewards Members, and I Never Knew It

vendetta

GettyImages-461686310.jpg

This is the face of someone who didn't know Starbucks offered free refills.

DIDN'T KNOW.gif

The face of someone who always thought she had to pay for a second Starbucks drink.

always%2520had%2520to%2520pay.gif

Starbucks offers free refills, you say? I'm cringing at all the money I've wasted, but smiling about all the coins I will now save.

CRINGING%2520THEN%2520SMILING.gif

This is the face of a Starbucks-addicted person whose life was just changed forever.

wold%2520rocked.gif

Free. ***. Refills.

FREE%2520REILLS.gif

All jokes aside, Starbucks icon Britney Spears probably already knew about the coffee chain's free refill policy for rewards members (she practically lives there); however, I certainly didn't. And I pay for refills all the time! I've been duped, people! Duped!

Yes, Starbucks offers free refills to members of its rewards program who are on either the green or the gold level—a factoid that's been around for eons but seemingly thousands of people don't know about. Or maybe it's just me?

According to Starbucks' policy, qualifying members can ask for free refills as long as they stay in the store. Once they walk out the door, so does their opportunity to get free juice. You also can't get free refills via the drive-through; you have to traipse your way into the establishment à la Spears every day of her life. Exhibit A:

britney%2520starbucks.jpg

PHOTO: FILMMAGIC

Unfortunately, not every drink on Starbucks' menu is eligible for an on-the-house refill. You can only request free seconds for the brand's lower-priced beverages, like brewed coffee, iced coffee, hot tea, and iced tea. Also, you must purchase your first drink with your registered Starbucks card in order for any of this magic to happen. You have to prove you're a member, after all; Starbucks needs receipts!

If you follow all of these rules, though, you'll be swimming in free Starbucks refills for years to come. If that's not paradise, then what is?

Somewhere, right now, Britney Spears is smiling.

10 minutes ago, vendetta said:

naku telidu

When you use your registered Starbucks Card or Mobile app to purchase any handcrafted beverage and then present that same Starbucks Card or Mobile app, you can get free refills of brewed coffee (hot, Iced Coffee or Cold Brew), and tea (hot, or iced) during the same store visit regardless of the original beverage at participating Starbucks stores.

Once you leave the store, your visit has ended and any subsequent coffee or tea refill thereafter would be considered a new purchase. Refills are not available in the Drive Thru.

Just now, icecreamZ said:

When you use your registered Starbucks Card or Mobile app to purchase any handcrafted beverage and then present that same Starbucks Card or Mobile app, you can get free refills of brewed coffee (hot, Iced Coffee or Cold Brew), and tea (hot, or iced) during the same store visit regardless of the original beverage at participating Starbucks stores.

Once you leave the store, your visit has ended and any subsequent coffee or tea refill thereafter would be considered a new purchase. Refills are not available in the Drive Thru.

free register Starbucks card?