What if VizagRocks is made the mod here?

VizagRocks

I want to be mod.  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VizagRocks

• ParmQ

• Balagudh

• lazybugger

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

I just did..!

You are the left man for the right job man...

If I become mod, this db will take atleast 2-3yrs to recover from the kind of cleaning I'd do. haha..

I think its perfect (or as close to perfect as can be) as it is. Its next to impossible to replace the people who I'd ban. This is the only db that allows freewheeling discussions. 

The quality suffers, but still its a great place to rant, with very lenient mods.

I kind of sensed that...This is some what liberal here..although people abuse and use foul language but then again, who are kids here ? 

Thats okay..I don't mind these abuses or slang people use here...as long as they arent purely personal like aatadista does..

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

I kind of sensed that...This is some what liberal here..although people abuse and use foul language but then again, who are kids here ? 

Thats okay..I don't mind these abuses or slang people use here...as long as they arent purely personal like aatadista does..

i think aatadista is very tame with that personal thing. Try and be playful when talking to him.

Just now, lazybugger said:

i think aatadista is very tame with that personal thing. Try and be playful when talking to him.

I'd love to be playful as long as others does the same..if they cant..

Just now, lazybugger said:

To be honest, I admire the patience of mods in this db. You guys rock. 

People who abuse the mods here, haven't been to other dbs.

Do you know of other discussion boards ?

8 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

If I become mod, this db will take atleast 2-3yrs to recover from the kind of cleaning I'd do. haha..

I think its perfect (or as close to perfect as can be) as it is. Its next to impossible to replace the people who I'd ban. This is the only db that allows freewheeling discussions. 

The quality suffers, but still its a great place to rant, with very lenient mods.

So the rebellion will be squashed....?

6 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Do you know of other discussion boards ?

I wasn't allowed into any of ther other telugu dbs. I have been kicked off Tamil dbs for my incendiary posts.

I used to post on white nationalist dbs - majorityrights.com (but very classy one), and currently active on Patrick.net. both these have very liberal moderation policies. But still manage to keep the discussion quality very high. They actively use group shaming tactics. Something this db can learn from. 

I give it 30yrs for this db to get there. because majority of active users in these freewheeling dbs with quality discussions are in their 60s. People my age or younger than me, shouldn't be in a db, ideally.

most of us don't know what the heck we are saying. including me. especially me.

4 minutes ago, sattipandu said:

So the rebellion will be squashed....?

perhaps, I'll give more options in this db. Like ability to delete posts that deviate from the thread to the thread starter.

again I'm not saying Patrick.net is right with facts. No. They are just freewheelers discussing about stuff they read somewhere. They can't be right.

But they are wrong in very interesting ways, that allow them to take conversation beyond petty abuses and trolling.

1 hour ago, VizagRocks said:

just to be clear, I don't want to be mod. But just asking.

here's no merit to whatever anyone says here.

Truth is complicated to arrive at, and requires rigorous analysis, and extreme patience with numbers.

we are all just a bunch of handwavers.