Which suv is best to Buy?

kittu_virgo

13 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

why is Toyota Rav4 a last option uncle?

space takkuva... it is better to opt for crv than rav 4 at all cost.. hopefully Toyota releases mid size suv with little space.

The reason I am not suggesting Mazda is they are very aggressive in making changes with less consistency.. I cannot trust mazdas in long run because they are assembled by ford plants (co-wned) reliability less compared to cars assembled in japan.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, MeetFriendz said:

@kakatiya  - which one is good sedans or svu's??

sedans nee cost ni batti... always Toyota camry first.. but their comfort isn't been that great recently..

so accord / (ford fusion also not bad, but its up to you) and Hyundai sonatas are coming cheap.. don't be surprised even kia optimas are very reliable vehicles and coming with 2.0l turbo charged engines.. I don't find anything wrong with kias except for their brand value.. go for kia too

SX

Starting MSRP:

$29,940*

• 2.0L Turbocharged I4, 245hp, 22 city/31 highway mpg*
  • 6-Speed Automatic Transmission

• LED Headlights w/ Dynamic Bending Light (DBL)
  • UVO eServices with 8" Touch-Screen Display and Voice-Command Navigation System
17Kia_Optima_SX_Tech_ABT_PlatinumGraphit
  • UVO eServices with 8" Touch-Screen Display and Voice-Command Navigation System

-------------------------

LX 1.6T

Starting MSRP:

$24,140*

• 1.6L Turbocharged I4, 178hp, 28 city/37 highway mpg*
  • 7-Speed Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT)

• Push Button Start w/Smart Key
  • Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Gear Shift Knob
16Kia_Optima_LX16T_KCS_SparklingSilver_L

9 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

space takkuva... it is better to opt for crv than rav 4 at all cost.. hopefully Toyota releases mid size suv with little space.

naku anta space difference emi kanipinchalede..may be couple of inches CRV ekkuva undochu..but its not that big deal comparing the cost of both

I drove many SUVs ( owned and leased) below are my opinions in your budget

Hyundai No Idea . Never owned one or leased

honda CRV- decent in every aspect.. major plus is very less maintainance and good resale

Toyota RAV4 - good mileage but interiors are poor, you can feel the plastic on the door panels, good resale

grand charokee-- good if you are leasing, maintaince issues are more specially transmission.

subaru - decent in everything but lot of engine noise, you can't bare it if you are planning for long trips. Good if you are in east coast as it comes with -all wheel drive

nissan rouge--- best SUV by Nissan till date( for desis, I mean mileage, maintainance, appearance). Have and option of 7 seater conversion. And their interiors are superior. Not good resale.

mazda- Cx5-- excellent looks, and good interiors. But no resale and after few years you will get Lot of maintenance problems many of my friends own this for the past 5-6 years and they don't want to own one again. If you plan for leasing then go for this one( my personal choice for leasing)

I currently have Lexus RX350. The best SUV money and maintainance wise ( don't compare it with Audi, merc or BMW each of them have very high maintainance but excellent other features)

Hope my answers might help in narrowing down your search.

25 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

The reason I am not suggesting Mazda is they are very aggressive in making changes with less consistency.. I cannot trust mazdas in long run because they are assembled by ford plants (co-wned) reliability less compared to cars assembled in japan.

Mazda ended its relationship with Ford a longtime ago(around 2008) Most of their models that are sold in US are from Japan/ Mexico- Their own plants- not to do anything with Ford.

Regarding aggressive changes - I agree, but inconsistency - I would like to know more details about it - like any thing specifuc with Engine/ transmission etc...

Not to challenge here - but companies are working hard to make better cars but somehow still carry some stigma with each brand- which will only change if you own it. Hyundai is an example for that compared to some 10-15 yrs ago.

Things also depend on preferences - I am not a fanboy of any brand but would definitely not hesitate to try out of box.

Anyway - I am not an expert at cars but will research A-Z of the product I am buying.

34 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

sedans nee cost ni batti... always Toyota camry first.. but their comfort isn't been that great recently..

so accord / (ford fusion also not bad, but its up to you) and Hyundai sonatas are coming cheap.. don't be surprised even kia optimas are very reliable vehicles and coming with 2.0l turbo charged engines.. I don't find anything wrong with kias except for their brand value.. go for kia too

SX

Starting MSRP:

$29,940*

17Kia_Optima_SX_Tech_ABT_PlatinumGraphit

-------------------------

LX 1.6T

Starting MSRP:

$24,140*

16Kia_Optima_LX16T_KCS_SparklingSilver_L

kakaiya - naa question yenti ante svu's are good to take or sedans are good to take ..  ?

1 hour ago, kakatiya said:

Cheppina ga uncle manaku telusundhi konchame ani.. inthaki camry sales ivvachu ga :(

1 minute ago, MeetFriendz said:

kakaiya - naa question yenti ante svu's are good to take or sedans are good to take ..  ?

@3$% asal aa question enti vayya..

3 minutes ago, citizenofIND said:

@3$% asal aa question enti vayya..

ante sedans and suvs lo same engine ani vinanu as per honda .. apart from it overall ga perfroamnce wise sedsa tesukovadam best or svus ani 

46 minutes ago, critic said:

Mazda ended its relationship with Ford a longtime ago(around 2008) Most of their models that are sold in US are from Japan/ Mexico- Their own plants- not to do anything with Ford.

Regarding aggressive changes - I agree, but inconsistency - I would like to know more details about it - like any thing specifuc with Engine/ transmission etc...

Not to challenge here - but companies are working hard to make better cars but somehow still carry some stigma with each brand- which will only change if you own it. Hyundai is an example for that compared to some 10-15 yrs ago.

Things also depend on preferences - I am not a fanboy of any brand but would definitely not hesitate to try out of box.

Anyway - I am not an expert at cars but will research A-Z of the product I am buying.

The plants they assemble in North America are jointly owned by ford and Mazda.

North America is a different market compared to Asia , Europe 

Most cars like Toyota and Honda though Japanese their departments primarily concentrate on North America markets and spend more development time on North America production line and hence they are reaching 98% of the competetion in terms of reliability and production quality. Mazda, Mitsubishi etc primary market still asia and middle East. They sale more cars in those markets compared to North America. 

You might probably expect better transmission and suspension from 2017 Mazdas than Toyotas and Honda because of their recent issues in suspension corrosion they went ahead and revamped to.latest suspension..While Toyotas and resyoght be two three years old in revamping the suspensions they are using as they are completely old.

Cars are always a hit and miss in quality. Toyota Honda's ratio of quality is high compared to other manufacturers.