eh 1 beee laa beziensssss

chingchang

mana peru business lo owner gaa undocha .. planning to start a business with three friends ..andaru h1b. I dont have any close friends or relatives with GC. Kontha mandi GC person compulsory undali antunnaru .. conflicting answers unnay online lo. Can someone suggest what options we have for starting business on h1b. I know some rules like you cant work for that company , you cant file h1 from your own company etc .. 

thanks bhayyas 

2 minutes ago, chingchang said:

mana peru business lo owner gaa undocha .. planning to start a business with three friends ..andaru h1b. I dont have any close friends or relatives with GC. Kontha mandi GC person compulsory undali antunnaru .. conflicting answers unnay online lo. Can someone suggest what options we have for starting business on h1b. I know some rules like you cant work for that company , you cant file h1 from your own company etc .. 

thanks bhayyas 

its called a work visa for a reason. U need some one with GC or Citizen group to start a business and he can sponsor visa for you. Still not sure if you can own a part of the business.

13 minutes ago, HugoStrange said:

its called a work visa for a reason. U need some one with GC or Citizen group to start a business and he can sponsor visa for you. Still not sure if you can own a part of the business.

Bhayya , naku sponsorship avasaram ledu .. I'm already working FT. Maa  names business owner undocha.. all three members planning are on H1B

13 minutes ago, BittiriSatti said:

Find some H4 EAD

Yeah we considered that option. But with all the new rules getting proposed .. we don't want to be in a tricky situation if it gets cancelled or restricted to certain jobs only.. thanks for the reply bhayya 

4 minutes ago, chingchang said:

Yeah we considered that option. But with all the new rules getting proposed .. we don't want to be in a tricky situation if it gets cancelled or restricted to certain jobs only.. thanks for the reply bhayya 

u cannot do any active business on h1 . its just a temp employment visa..thats my opinion .. edhae qn nuv muurthyy lo veyyaku ..joeef ani okadu vango bedutaadu

9 minutes ago, LuckyLoser said:

u cannot do any active business on h1 . its just a temp employment visa..thats my opinion .. edhae qn nuv muurthyy lo veyyaku ..joeef ani okadu vango bedutaadu

yeah vadu anni konchem vanakaraga cheptadu bhayya .. thanks though 

1 hour ago, chingchang said:

Bhayya , naku sponsorship avasaram ledu .. I'm already working FT. Maa  names business owner undocha.. all three members planning are on H1B

Nope

2 hours ago, chingchang said:

thanks bhayyas 

AFAIK, you can own a business, but you shouldn't involve in its operations, like working or volunteering.  You should have someone else as the employees. 

2 hours ago, chingchang said:

Bhayya, In simple terms; neeku Visa sponsor chesina vadiki nuvvu baanisa... you cannot own a business and you cannot work for someone else..

what type of business is that ?? and what do you mean by keeping your own names, you can keep whatever name you want provided its not already taken, 

you have to mention president, ceo/director roles when you fill out the application, now if you can start on a work visa, better check with an attorney instaed of these stupid forums,,,good luck

15 hours ago, chingchang said:

thanks bhayyas 

H1 meedha undi business ni operate cheyyalevu. You can be listed as investor with no role in managing. Technical term is 'sleeping partner'. I have heard of few ppl who did that like open gas stations etc in that way. But that person has to be really trustworthy as they literally own the company