The 9 best management consulting firms in the US

Batman_fan

7 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

I am talking about management consulting man, not IT. 

yo .. are you working for any of these firms ? it doesn't matter what name says.. nuvvu Sr.Manager oo leka principal or partner aithey thappa you dont get that feel..

Do you know what these firms recently focused on ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Batman_fan

• tennisluvr

• TheBrahmabull

• siru

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TheBrahmabull said:

yo .. are you working for any of these firms ? it doesn't matter what name says.. nuvvu Sr.Manager oo leka principal or partner aithey thappa you dont get that feel..

Do you know what these firms recently focused on ?

lol question. They always target the latest issues and disruptions in the market. If you really want to know the culture, be one of them and not presume something based on couple of peoples work. There is a reason these always come top in survey "Best companies to work for"

Just because we are not capable of getting into those firms doesn't mean we can categorize them as worst firms to work for to satisfy our ego. 

13 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

lol question. They always target the latest issues and disruptions in the market. If you really want to know the culture, be one of them and not presume something based on couple of peoples work. There is a reason these always come top in survey "Best companies to work for"

Just because we are not capable of getting into those firms doesn't mean we can categorize them as worst firms to work for to satisfy our ego. 

Valid point. Also their IT work culture might be quite different from their management work culture. 

I am least bothered about working for these firms in their IT wings, I am only interested in knowing their management level work culture. 

16 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

@3$%  survey ?? haha.. ..nuvvu vatillo work chestunte you know what i mean..   By the way ego satisfy chesukotaniki emledu vayya..  whatever you said is based on survey.. nenu vallatho work chesina experince tho chepthunna..i was offered positions in both PWC and E&Y.. infact i worked with couple of VPs in my previous projects..

Nuvvu etla ayina anukovachu... ignorance is bliss. have fun

18 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Valid point. Also their IT work culture might be quite different from their management work culture. 

I am least bothered about working for these firms in their IT wings, I am only interested in knowing their management level work culture. 

Yes, IT is not that different from other firms. Partly because, Seniors and managers from WITCH companies are joining these firms for better growth and package but also bringing the worst culture with them. Just my guess based on what I heard. 

On management side, you get the perfect path needed to become C-level executive in short period of time. As soon as you become partner in these firms, Fortune 100 clients will be chasing you to grab you for whatever the role you wanted for whatever the pay.  

3 minutes ago, TheBrahmabull said:

@3$%  survey ?? haha.. ..nuvvu vatillo work chestunte you know what i mean..   By the way ego satisfy chesukotaniki emledu vayya..  whatever you said is based on survey.. nenu vallatho work chesina experince tho chepthunna..i was offered positions in both PWC and E&Y.. infact i worked with couple of VPs in my previous projects..

Nuvvu etla ayina anukovachu... ignorance is bliss. have fun

That's where most people make mistake. We always try to compare current work/pay with other firms and make decision. We do not see the future. We do not see the value our profile gets once we have management consulting exp in these firms? Experience that can put us in Director role by the age of 35, VP by the age of 40. 

Again, I cannot comment on IT, I am only talking about management consulting. 

4 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

That's where most people make mistake. We always try to compare current work/pay with other firms and make decision. We do not see the future. We do not see the value our profile gets once we have management consulting exp in these firms? Experience that can put us in Director role by the age of 35, VP by the age of 40. 

Are you planning to get into management consulting yourself? Without MBA it's a tough ask. Are you focusing on getting into an MBA program? 

9 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Are you planning to get into management consulting yourself? Without MBA it's a tough ask. Are you focusing on getting into an MBA program? 

I am 60% done already. I am going to try in Big 4 if not MBB. If nothing works out, I will stick with my current firm until I get GC, if I stay in US! 

No other options without GC

come on - oo okate management consulting antunnav .. can you name some day to day tasks that these Management consulting personnel do in these firms ? did i say i compared my work/pay and made a decision not to join those firms ?  if becoming director and VP is your goal , then go head and try to join these firms.. 

I was interviewed by 1 partner, 2 directors - simply don't show some survey pamphlet and rant about becoming c-level and .. 

nuvvu etla matladutunnav ante - when i passed out my engineering, if you got recruited by Satyam , Info, Tcs etc then it was like achievement. Not sure about partners.. depending on the practice these directors in BIG4 firms are so much technical - first of all know whats goes inside.then worry about surveys..

2 minutes ago, TheBrahmabull said:

come on - oo okate management consulting antunnav .. can you name some day to day tasks that these Management consulting personnel do in these firms ? did i say i compared my work/pay and made a decision not to join those firms ?  if becoming director and VP is your goal , then go head and try to join these firms.. 

I was interviewed by 1 partner, 2 directors - simply don't show some survey pamphlet and rant about becoming c-level and .. 

nuvvu etla matladutunnav ante - when i passed out my engineering, if you got recruited by Satyam , Info, Tcs etc then it was like achievement. Not sure about partners.. depending on the practice these directors in BIG4 firms are so much technical - first of all know whats goes inside.then worry about surveys..

alright, take it easy man. I don't know about your interactions, but I talked to almost 20-25 people in all levels and I am quite satisfied with the work and culture. Just enough to post this thread and admire this profession. 

BTW - IIMs, IVY League graduates first preference in management consulting is these firms. I will convey your message and ask them why they are not choosing Infy, TCS, and Wipro if everything is same in these firms. 

18 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

I am 60% done already. I am going to try in Big 4 if not MBB. If nothing works out, I will stick with my current firm until I get GC, if I stay in US! 

No other options without GC

Yup doesn't make sense without getting your GC, because you may not even get an OPT or H1B to work after your MBA is done. I am waiting for my citizenship to come through as well before embarking on such a route. 

alright, take it easy man. I don't know about your interactions, but I talked to almost 20-25 people in all levels and I am quite satisfied with the work and culture. Just enough to post this thread and admire this profession. 

BTW - IIMs, IVY League graduates first preference in management consulting is these firms. I will convey your message and ask them why they are not choosing Infy, TCS, and Wipro if everything is same in these firms. 

hahaha good go head .. make a point to those 20 -25 people in  all levels you know.  by the way naadi interaction kaadu vayya.. interview.   Management Consultants need to have lot of patience, be level headed and most importantly listening skills .. avathali vadu emchepthunnado.. which i dont see in your posts..  Anyways good luck..