lol langa...

solman

Just now, Android_Halwa said:

Exactly, Vizag and Vij lo pettamanna kuda evadu pettadu...there are reasons why Hyd is better suited for services and Vij and Vizag arent..

availability,connectivity,resources ila so many things vuntayi...Microsoft ni vachey ante vakey ani suitcase ardukuni amaravati lo digipodu kada...

infact, during 1996-2004 madhyalo, babu talchukunna Vizag ni IT hub cheyalekapotunde...Vij lo oka chinna ameerpet aye chance kuda lekuntunde...

agree it or not..but If not CBN, anyone else would have promoted Hyd as IT destination sooner or later 

and just because CBN did his job , jai kottali ante kastam kada...he literally did his job for what he was paid for and elected to do...

IT okkate ani nenu antallenu... most of the flyovers and other infrastrcuture in the new city were develeoped under him as far as I remember in early 2000s... say what anyone may, I respect him a lot for his tenure back then...

vja emo kani vizag could have been a second IT hub, it has good resources and is only second to hyd in the state but appatlo hyd meedha mathrame concentrate chesadu for various reasons (sontha laabham kooda one of the reasons to develop madhapur area.... state itla separate ayye chances unnai ani a mathram hint vachina he would have definitely diverted atleast few if not all... but appatlo kcr and trs were considered as buffons and the T movement was given zero importance, not even public were really backing so much in those days so evaru expect cheyyale it would happen ani... so to answer your "vja vzg lo enduku pettale" questions.... its a combination of many factors, not that no one would go there with a suitcase..... now amaravati is a very different issue, aada em ante em ledu so no big company would go there.... 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Android_Halwa

• lazybugger

• chittimallu2

• DiscoKing

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, chittimallu2 said:

IT okkate ani nenu antallenu... most of the flyovers and other infrastrcuture in the new city were develeoped under him as far as I remember in early 2000s... say what anyone may, I respect him a lot for his tenure back then...

vja emo kani vizag could have been a second IT hub, it has good resources and is only second to hyd in the state but appatlo hyd meedha mathrame concentrate chesadu for various reasons (sontha laabham kooda one of the reasons to develop madhapur area.... state itla separate ayye chances unnai ani a mathram hint vachina he would have definitely diverted atleast few if not all... but appatlo kcr and trs were considered as buffons and the T movement was given zero importance, not even public were really backing so much in those days so evaru expect cheyyale it would happen ani... so to answer your "vja vzg lo enduku pettale" questions.... its a combination of many factors, not that no one would go there with a suitcase..... now amaravati is a very different issue, aada em ante em ledu so no big company would go there.... 

Its an apprehension to think why not Vizag as a IT destination. The main reason being the population and connectivity. Vizag cannot be a IT destination for various reasons and frequented by natural calamities, Its not easy for 24/7 operations. Remember Hudhood Toofan, That incident is the last nail in the coffin for Vizag as IT destination. Hinterland cities are best suited for services and cities such as Vizag should be promoted as logistics hub, not as IT. its like trying to make Patna as educational hub of India.

Its an apprehension to think why not Vizag as a IT destination. The main reason being the population and connectivity. Vizag cannot be a IT destination for various reasons and frequented by natural calamities, Its not easy for 24/7 operations. Remember Hudhood Toofan, That incident is the last nail in the coffin for Vizag as IT destination. Hinterland cities are best suited for services and cities such as Vizag should be promoted as logistics hub, not as IT. its like trying to make Patna as educational hub of India.

err no... 2000s lo no one thought of hudhud type toofan, they could have made it a second IT hub in the state with a lot more companies ... (just like madras which is also cyclone prone) ....  coastal parts are always cyclone prone but thats not a deal breaker because they dont happen every year and not of hudhud magnitude all the time anyways... maybe hudhud vachinaka they might be reconsidering now but not in early 2000s.....  vizag lo already konni companies unnai but given a chance now in this day any company would go to hyderabad (over vizag) due to the infrastructure it has like the airport, PVNR expressway, ORR, flyovers, IT disctrict, etc which were all developed/planned during cbn.... 

population is not a big deal, people will flow in if there are opportunities, most of the IT employees in hyd are not from hyd... connectivity ante vizag has a decent airport I assume, I never flown into that city before so I cant vouch... but like I said, if the govt wanted to try its not a big deal they could have expanded the airport and constructed a couple of world class hotels around, vizag is not as small as karminagar or kakinada... its a decent sized city, maynot be as big as hyderabad but could have been developed further.... 

6 minutes ago, chittimallu2 said:

err no... 2000s lo no one thought of hudhud type toofan, they could have made it a second IT hub in the state with a lot more companies ... (just like madras which is also cyclone prone) ....  coastal parts are always cyclone prone but thats not a deal breaker because they dont happen every year and not of hudhud magnitude all the time anyways... maybe hudhud vachinaka they might be reconsidering now but not in early 2000s.....  vizag lo already konni companies unnai but given a chance now in this day any company would go to hyderabad (over vizag) due to the infrastructure it has like the airport, PVNR expressway, ORR, flyovers, IT disctrict, etc which were all developed/planned during cbn.... 

population is not a big deal, people will flow in if there are opportunities, most of the IT employees in hyd are not from hyd... connectivity ante vizag has a decent airport I assume, I never flown into that city before so I cant vouch... but like I said, if the govt wanted to try its not a big deal they could have expanded the airport and constructed a couple of world class hotels around, vizag is not as small as karminagar or kakinada... its a decent sized city, maynot be as big as hyderabad but could have been developed further.... 

since 2000's, Hudhud type toofans struck not once once every two years,might not be as effective as the last one but its nothing new.

Population is a deal. it is connected to many issues and being land locked, it only adds to availability of land. and connectivity to other metros is worst even today. There were some small IT companies established then but now, even those smaller companies have shut down, HSBC and IBM also shut down the centers not because they couldnt run the operations but they don't see a point in running them in Vizag. First and foremost question, why would you think some IT companies will come to Vizag ? if any company is moving, then they will think of Pune or Ahmedabad in present scenario than vizag. 

Govt is even trying now to promote IT destination but just look at the location and connectivity once, its proximity to no where itself is a big lag. Every big city cannot become an IT destination. Look at Kolkata and Jaipur, IT is as good as nothing in these two cities but Jaipur is well industrialised city. If Rajasthan government tried to promote it as IT destination, It would have failed miserably.Pune is in proximity to Mumbai has natural advantage. Ahmedabad tried reaching up the ladder but couldn not grow beyond a point.

Now, Looking at these factors, announcing tax free for IT companies is not enough to develop a city as IT destination. 

since 2000's, Hudhud type toofans struck not once once every two years,might not be as effective as the last one but its nothing new.

Population is a deal. it is connected to many issues and being land locked, it only adds to availability of land. and connectivity to other metros is worst even today. There were some small IT companies established then but now, even those smaller companies have shut down, HSBC and IBM also shut down the centers not because they couldnt run the operations but they don't see a point in running them in Vizag. First and foremost question, why would you think some IT companies will come to Vizag ? if any company is moving, then they will think of Pune or Ahmedabad in present scenario than vizag. 

Govt is even trying now to promote IT destination but just look at the location and connectivity once, its proximity to no where itself is a big lag. Every big city cannot become an IT destination. Look at Kolkata and Jaipur, IT is as good as nothing in these two cities but Jaipur is well industrialised city. If Rajasthan government tried to promote it as IT destination, It would have failed miserably.Pune is in proximity to Mumbai has natural advantage. Ahmedabad tried reaching up the ladder but couldn not grow beyond a point.

Now, Looking at these factors, announcing tax free for IT companies is not enough to develop a city as IT destination. 

lol Halwa.

Hyderabad is not 'special' in any sense. It was the capital of AP, and the way India is governed, power is concentrated in capital cities, and people move to these cities so they can be closer to power. Hyderabad's success and riches is actually reflective of the success of both AP and TG people.

So what if HudHud attacks Vizag? It means there's opportunity for disaster management economy. If AP is given the kind of packages that YSR got for United AP when he was in power, there's no reason why Vizag can be a economic powerhouse. 

oorikey chinna pilladi laaga logic lu laagaku brother. T movement ended in victory, and its better if you don't indulge in such half baked insulting of AP and its people.

There's no reason, to me, why a laser manufacturer cannot set up his base in Vizag, compared to Hyderabad. Its even more likely since Vizag has navy base, and if AP govt can help set up defense deals out of local companies.

IT services can be set up anywhere, if there's a talent pool, and tax rebates.

39 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Exactly, Vizag and Vij lo pettamanna kuda evadu pettadu...there are reasons why Hyd is better suited for services and Vij and Vizag arent..

availability,connectivity,resources ila so many things vuntayi...Microsoft ni vachey ante vakey ani suitcase ardukuni amaravati lo digipodu kada...

infact, during 1996-2004 madhyalo, babu talchukunna Vizag ni IT hub cheyalekapotunde...Vij lo oka chinna ameerpet aye chance kuda lekuntunde...

agree it or not..but If not CBN, anyone else would have promoted Hyd as IT destination sooner or later 

and just because CBN did his job , jai kottali ante kastam kada...he literally did his job for what he was paid for and elected to do...

Mid 1990's lo asalu kukkatpally ee outskirts la vundedi...apptlo antha infrastructure emundi vaay Hyd ke??......Ap lo Engg colleges leeka pakka state ke poye vaalu.....Hyd capital anukunaaru kabatte Hyd devlop ayyindhi from 2000's in much faster pace.....Vizag and vijaywada has good road,rail and airway connectivity....appudu ee TG gola leedu kabatti....CBN started with Hyd as its capital.....idhe ee Hyderabadi adigina cheptaadu....CBN contribution to Hyd

2 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

ee paragraph ki answer okate... that ship has sailed... nenu annadhi if the govt tried, it could have been a much better IT spot back in the day, I never said it will top hyderabad.... govt could have developed the infra a little more, in other words the improving the connectivity to other cities you keep banging about and also a potentially world class airport and few hotels around it... this is all about the early 2000s or late 90s, not now... now there are a ton of other good cities for companies to go, which is what is said in my previous reply... 

nee second paragraph editing table meedha lepeyochu... thats totally irrelevant as I didnt raise anything about guntur or rajahmundry... most of the cities you mentioned may not have had a good leader to get the proper contacts and use the opportunities... my point is, give the credit to cbn where its due... 

20 minutes ago, chittimallu2 said:

Vizag can become an economic powerhouse even now.

Halwa's logic is outdated. I even suspect that his hatred for everything Andhra clouds his judgment. 

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

lol Halwa.

Hyderabad is not 'special' in any sense. It was the capital of AP, and the way India is governed, power is concentrated in capital cities, and people move to these cities so they can be closer to power. Hyderabad's success and riches is actually reflective of the success of both AP and TG people.

So what if HudHud attacks Vizag? It means there's opportunity for disaster management economy. If AP is given the kind of packages that YSR got for United AP when he was in power, there's no reason why Vizag can be a economic powerhouse. 

oorikey chinna pilladi laaga logic lu laagaku brother. T movement ended in victory, and its better if you don't indulge in such half baked insulting of AP and its people.

There's no reason, to me, why a laser manufacturer cannot set up his base in Vizag, compared to Hyderabad. Its even more likely since Vizag has navy base, and if AP govt can help set up defense deals out of local companies.

IT services can be set up anywhere, if there's a talent pool, and tax rebates.

big dawg entered... nenu potha iga... i cant participate anymore

Just now, chittimallu2 said:

ee paragraph ki answer okate... that ship has sailed... nenu annadhi if the govt tried, it could have been a much better IT spot back in the day, I nev er said it will top hyderabad.... govt could have developed the infra a little more, in other words the improving the connectivity to other cities you keep banging about and also a potentially world class airport and few hotels around it... this is all about the early 2000s or late 90s, not now... now there are a ton of other good cities for companies to go, which is what is said in my previous reply... 

nee second paragraph editing table meedha lepeyochu... thats totally irrelevant as I didnt raise anything about guntur or rajahmundry... most of the cities you mentioned may not have had a good leader to get the proper contacts and use the opportunities... my point is, give the credit to cbn where its due... 

It doesn't have to top Hyderabad. And may be someday it will. but it doesn't have to.

Vizag can be its own awesome city, that everybody wants to move into.

Just now, lazybugger said:

It doesn't have to top Hyderabad. And may be someday it will. but it doesn't have to.

Vizag can be its own awesome city, that everybody wants to move into.

Exactly, thats the problem with people. They want to compare it with Hyd for reasons best known to them. Every Indian city is unique and has its own economic model. Its silly to compare cities. 

Halwa,

don't compare Rajasthan and AP man. I appreciate your sense of humour, but it does have some limit.

AP people are not as backward as Rajasthan or Gujarat, for example.

Just now, lazybugger said:

Vizag can become an economic powerhouse even now.

Halwa's logic is outdated. I even suspect that his hatred for everything Andhra clouds his judgment. 

it does... i credit a lot of modern hyderabad's development to cbn... naa kalla mundu perigindi city motham in late 90s and 2000s when I was in school and college... most of the flyovers around begumpet and secunderabad areas, ORR, airport, IT district, PVNR expressway, MMTS local train, many engg colleges (most of them private though)... fab city kooda appatlo annaru but not sure what happened to it later on...  Can someone tell me about the current metro project... was that by TDP govt or congress later on?

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

Exactly, thats the problem with people. They want to compare it with Hyd for reasons best known to them. Every Indian city is unique and has its own economic model. Its silly to compare cities. 

no one compared... it was a yardstick because I said it was CBN's development... 

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

Yes. I prefer Vizag over Hyd.