2 important points...

BillMarkSteve

04/29/2017: "American Jobs First Act of 2017" H.R. 2233 Bill Introduced in the House 04/28/2017

• This bill is sponsored by Rep. Mo Brooks of Alabama with two co-sponsors, Rep Francus Rooney of Florida and Rep. Walter Jones of North Carolina to restrict H-1B program and repeal of diversity visa (immigration lottery) program. For H-1B reform, the bill proposed to establishe salary requirements and standards that are either the greater of the annual wage paid to the U.S. employee who did similar work during the previous 2 years, or $110,000; create a “cooling off” between the time period by which employers are allowed to replace U.S. employees with foreign labor, thereby preventing H-1B visa program abuse aimed at displacing American workers; create greater transparency of job needs and opportunities in STEM fields; prevent the massive layoffs at companies such as Disney, where workers were forced to train their foreign replacements.

04/29/2017: Non-Precedent AAO Decision of 04/28/2017 on I-140 Ported Beneficiary (Foreign Worker) Right to be a Party to I-140 Revocation Proceeding

• Yesterday, the AAO, administrative appeal agency of the USCIS handed down a very interesting decision on the right of I-140 approval ported foreign worker beneficiary persuant to AC 21 in the USCIS approved I-140 revocation proceeding. This decision is not a precedent decision and also applies only to a situation where the foreign worker beneficiary ported to a new employer after 180 days of filing of I-485 application. This decision ruled that the foreign worker should be a party to such proceeding which can affect his/her pending EB-485 application. Foreign workers who intend to port or has ported to a new employer per approved I-140 portability legal provision may review this decision. Matter of V- Inc., ID# 568252 (AAO April 28, 20 17)