Working in another country maintaining H1

ICANWIN

I heard that manam H1 lo undi kuda status maintain chestu vere country lo work visa unte akkada work cheyachu . Is that correct? Project vachaka work visa apply chesukoni move avutam but h1 status ala maintain chestam? Evarikanna idea unte please let me know. Oka friend actually work chestunnadu but he has track record of blatant lies so couldn't believe him. Thanks!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICANWIN

• tennisluvr

• ParmQ

• BostonBullodu

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

I heard that manam H1 lo undi kuda status maintain chestu vere country lo work visa unte akkada work cheyachu . Is that correct? Project vachaka work visa apply chesukoni move avutam but h1 status ala maintain chestam? Evarikanna idea unte please let me know. Oka friend actually work chestunnadu but he has track record of blatant lies so couldn't believe him. Thanks!

If the sponsor can prove that it has official business in another country and need the h1b holder to work occasionally in another country and still be paid in wages in US, then you can maintain your h1b status. I got this info from Murthy Law firm. Not sure how they implement or what documents do they provide to support the cause.

2 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

If the sponsor can prove that it has official business in another country and need the h1b holder to work occasionally in another country and still be paid in wages in US, then you can maintain your h1b status. I got this info from Murthy Law firm. Not sure how they implement or what documents do they provide to support the cause.

I know they can but consulting lo how they support is what i want to know.

h1 time is counted only against your presence in USA 

if you go out of US, you don't need to maintain your status. 

if you work in another country or go for a vacation....all that matters is if you have a valid job and valid visa when you are re-entering into US.

if your visa is expired...you need to go for stamping and get a new one. 

1 minute ago, ICANWIN said:

I know they can but consulting lo how they support is what i want to know.

May be we need to prove work relation and business interest in other countries with existing client..and solely working in another country might not be possible with out connection to the american employer..I tried to use this option as I planned to move back to Britain or Europe an year back, but this was complicated and kept it in cold storage since then..I might revive my plan again..Will let you know if I have any info on it..

2 minutes ago, former said:

ltt.

As long as your employer revoke cheyakapothe nee h1b status vunthudi anukonta. But pay roll lekunda neku extn radu ga ???

How they support and run payroll in US while working in another country adi kuda consulting lo  ... Taxes akkada kattali and akkada pay roll run avvali kada sCo_^Y

4 minutes ago, icecreamZ said:

h1 time is counted only against your presence in USA 

if you go out of US, you don't need to maintain your status. 

if you work in another country or go for a vacation....all that matters is if you have a valid job and valid visa when you are re-entering into US.

if your visa is expired...you need to go for stamping and get a new one. 

Ala kadu dude...adi malla leaving country and starting from scratch. I am asking maintaining H1 and continuing GC while working in another country

Just now, ICANWIN said:

How they support and run payroll in US while working in another country adi kuda consulting lo  ... Taxes akkada kattali and akkada pay roll run avvali kada sCo_^Y

There is another option for this one too, they run payroll in US and employed in USA and include other section in the paystub and pay you as expenses/allowances..and there is a form for remittance too....kind of complicated but I think I still have that conversation

2 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

May be we need to prove work relation and business interest in other countries with existing client..and solely working in another country might not be possible with out connection to the american employer..I tried to use this option as I planned to move back to Britain or Europe an year back, but this was complicated and kept it in cold storage since then..I might revive my plan again..Will let you know if I have any info on it..

I need this info now man. Anyways thanks

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

There is another option for this one too, they run payroll in US and employed in USA and include other section in the paystub and pay you as expenses/allowances..and there is a form for remittance too....kind of complicated but I think I still have that conversation

Consulting lo i doubt how they do all this and enta legal kuda i doubt it. 

1 minute ago, ICANWIN said:

Ala kadu dude...adi malla leaving country and starting from scratch. I am asking maintaining H1 and continuing GC while working in another country

maintaining H1 antey enti?

GC application will continue for ever unless employer revokes it. people generally file GC even without entering into US.

H1 status maintaining ante....its only when you are inside US. if you are outside US...there is no such thing like maintaining H1.unless your employer cancels your employment contract / sends a revocation leter to us cis

4 minutes ago, icecreamZ said:

maintaining H1 antey enti?

GC application will continue for ever unless employer revokes it. people generally file GC even without entering into US.

H1 status maintaining ante....its only when you are inside US. if you are outside US...there is no such thing like maintaining H1.unless your employer cancels your employment contract / sends a revocation leter to us cis

Just like now i should be able to apply for extensions  and still be an employee of current company. Say i get work permit in another country and i leave for that country. It is almost moving for good. Malla  employer chusukoni h1 apply chesukovali stamping ki vellali...i am not asking moving for good scenario and coming back.

I want to know how current company can justify employment in another country and send me there for a short term like may be an year or two. 

26 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

Your H1B is only an issue when you are working inside the US, it won't matter once you are outside the US because they have no jurisdiction outside the country. However, your H1B can stay dormant while you work outside the US and can be activated once you enter the US.

With the changing trends however, these rules might be up for a toss. And in any case it's at the discretion of the officer at the POE to let you in or not, I am going to assume that from now onwards more people will be rejected than approved in this situation going forward.