Working in another country maintaining H1

ICANWIN

4 minutes ago, ParmQ said:

Even with those conditions some companies don't mind providing the work permits. How many countries did you try? If you have good experience and solid technical skills, I am sure you will get within 3 to 6 months. In the worst case 7 or 8 months. You just need to keep trying the  country specific local job sites. I have known my own friends who have been provided the work permit with the jobs from a small countries like Denmark and Finland. Their population is hardly 57 lakhs. You can compare their market with that of ~30Cr US population. And yet, my friends got the work permits. The ones I know were in the SAP related techs.

I haven't tried so far to find a job in Europe anywhere. Only looking at Australia and perhaps Canada for now.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICANWIN

• tennisluvr

• ParmQ

• BostonBullodu

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ICANWIN said:

You are talking about full time here right ? How does consulting work there ?

I don't think most of those positions look for subcontractors as much as the companies in the US do.

ONe key reason is the healthcare issue, most nations in Europe have state coverage for all their citizens so your employer wouldn't have to pay a bomb for your insurance coverage, as they have to in the US for certain cases. So it's easier for those companies to hire you FT than contract you as they won't have to pay for your insurance anyway. That apart, since the taxes are higher in Europe you pretty much pay for most of them out of your paycheck, so it won't affect the employer as much.

8 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Ayina Australia lo antha well settled family undi why ee kashtalu Europe velli. Happily go to Australia and enjoy there for a few years, you will be a citizen as well in 3-4 years.

Yeah inka opika kuda ledu to start from scratch . I am kind of exhausted with all this crap . Velthe aus leda ikkade but I liked U.K.  So much . Scotland is beautiful and London kuda awesome . Week end drive lo no cruise lo no Europe povachu :D

14 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Bro is highly qualified and with strong family connections across the globe. He can do anything :)

anta scene ledu ley  .. family part true :)

9 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I don't think most of those positions look for subcontractors as much as the companies in the US do.

ONe key reason is the healthcare issue, most nations in Europe have state coverage for all their citizens so your employer wouldn't have to pay a bomb for your insurance coverage, as they have to in the US for certain cases. So it's easier for those companies to hire you FT than contract you as they won't have to pay for your insurance anyway. That apart, since the taxes are higher in Europe you pretty much pay for most of them out of your paycheck, so it won't affect the employer as much.

Yeah .. health insurance is one more benefit . Scotland lo medicines kuda free apart from doctor consultation . Visit visa mida unna nake free though I paid 35 pounds for consultation that too without insurance .. awesome anipinchindi 

5 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

Yeah inka opika kuda ledu to start from scratch . I am kind of exhausted with all this crap . Velthe aus leda ikkade but I liked U.K.  So much . Scotland is beautiful and London kuda awesome . Week end drive lo no cruise lo no Europe povachu :D

Yes UK is a very historic place. Beautiful castles a day drive away, something you won't and can't find in Australia as it's history isn't as rich and vast as UKs is.

My cousin used to live in Scotland as well in Aberdeen, he lived in a house built in the 13th century. I love those old historic houses, but now he moved to London as well.

1 minute ago, ICANWIN said:

Yeah .. health insurance is one more benefit . Scotland lo medicines kuda free apart from doctor consultation .

Scotland lo GE undi, maybe try there. My cousin works in GE as well.

14 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

You are talking about full time here right ? How does consulting work there ?

Yes, talking about full time. Never go with consulting. There used to be in the UK, just like the US H1B companies. But Home office has provided proper rules (On Oct 16, 2014) about not sponsoring the work permit to anyone if the company is going to lend the resource to the third-party company on contract basis. That means if the consultancy has direct client, they are allowed to sponsor,otherwise no. Hardly any consulting company will have a direct client. So knowing this 95% of the middle agencies (vendors like in the US) don't forward your CV to the client if you are on the work permit. That just puts you on the bench without work. When you are on the bench you need to keep continuing your payroll paying the taxes from your own pocket It would be more than 1 lakh Rs. If you don't run the pay-roll for more than 28 days your continuity of employee-employer relationship will break. That will have impact on your PR after 5 years. And these consulting companies are being audited by the Home office these days. I keep hearing every other week that 'X' company's work-permit sponsorship license is cancelled by the home office and the company is fined some amount. And the company work permit holders will loose their work permit.

So long story short, don't think about the consulting firms unless if you have a work permit sponsorship (especially something called Tier-2 general visa in the UK, this is only visa gives you PR eligibility) from companies like Wipro, TCS and etc. Its almost same with Ireland. I don't think other European countries have H1B consulting kind of firms

12 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Yes UK is a very historic place. Beautiful castles a day drive away, something you won't and can't find in Australia as it's history isn't as rich and vast as UKs is.

My cousin used to live in Scotland as well in Aberdeen, he lived in a house built in the 13th century. I love those old historic houses, but now he moved to London as well.

@gr33d

15 minutes ago, ParmQ said:

Yes, talking about full time. Never go with consulting. There used to be in the UK, just like the US H1B companies. But Home office has provided proper rules (On Oct 16, 2014) about not sponsoring the work permit to anyone if the company is going to lend the resource to the third-party company on contract basis. That means if the consultancy has direct client, they are allowed to sponsor,otherwise no. Hardly any consulting company will have a direct client. So knowing this 95% of the middle agencies (vendors like in the US) don't forward your CV to the client if you are on the work permit. That just puts you on the bench without work. When you are on the bench you need to keep continuing your payroll paying the taxes from your own pocket It would be more than 1 lakh Rs. If you don't run the pay-roll for more than 28 days your continuity of employee-employer relationship will break. That will have impact on your PR after 5 years. And these consulting companies are being audited by the Home office these days. I keep hearing every other week that 'X' company's work-permit sponsorship license is cancelled by the home office and the company is fined some amount. And the company work permit holders will loose their work permit.

So long story short, don't think about the consulting firms unless if you have a work permit sponsorship (especially something called Tier-2 general visa in the UK, this is only visa gives you PR eligibility) from companies like Wipro, TCS and etc. Its almost same with Ireland. I don't think other European countries have H1B consulting kind of firms

Good info ..thank you !

Where do u live btw in Europe ?

5 minutes ago, BostonBullodu said:

katha saramsham enti ante enni chesina enni matladina eda nundi poru anthee 

Poyinapudu matladukundam ani @Luke pmed.. 

Ikkada potama leda ani kadu kada topic..temporary ga velle chance unda on h1 ani topic. Vellaru ante PR vaste poye chance enduku ledu ..life long extn amendment anukuntu batakadam kashtam man...family kids stability these are imp too.Enni rojulu immigration focus of life laga batukutam. 

I have a friend who is going to india for good now. H1 mida unnadu super smart GC in process engaged too recently. Enni rojulu e sodhi ani he is going back next month.  Andaru stability lekunda undaleru ..i can't too.