Tough times ahead for immigrants - both legal and undocumented

tennisluvr

The Trump administration announced that Julie Kirchner, former executive director of the anti-immigrant hate group Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) is the new Ombudsman for the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) branch of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

Kirchner previously served as an advisor to DHS before netting the Ombudsman position. Before that, Kirchner worked at America’s most influential anti-immigrant organization for almost 10 years before leaving in 2015 to become an immigration advisor to the Trump campaign.

After Trump’s election, and certainly throughout his campaign, nativists have rejoiced with their newfound intimacy with the White House, and Kirchner’s appointment is only the latest announcement of extremists enjoying a direct line to federal power.

Since its founding in 1979, FAIR’s agenda has centered on a complete moratorium on immigration to the United States and included vicious attacks on non-white immigrants. Its founder was white nationalist John Tanton, an avowed eugenicist who created the modern anti-immigrant movement in the United States.

"I've come to the point of view that for European-American society and culture to persist requires a European-American majority, and a clear one at that,” Tanton wrote in 1993.

Dan Stein, FAIR’s longtime president, has complained that today’s immigrants are engaged in “competitive breeding” to diminish the America’s white majority and campaigned to repeal a 1965 immigration law that ended racial quotas that restricted immigration to Europeans. He also served as editorial adviser for The Social Contract, a nativist hate journal Tanton publishes.

In an interview with Tucker Carlson in 1997, Stein stated, “Should we be subsidizing people with low IQs to have as many children as possible, and not subsidizing those with high ones?"

Kirchner was working at FAIR while Tanton served on FAIR’s board before the group quietly moved him to an advisory board position following a 2011 expose published by The New York Times that detailed Tanton’s racist views and associations.

Kirchner first started with FAIR in 2005 as deputy director of government relations, but rapidly claimed the ranks and was named FAIR’s executive director two years later. In 2006, she wrote a piece for FAIR’s newsletter lamenting the large pro-immigration marches that took place in March of that year, writing, “The sight of millions of illegal immigrants and U.S.-born citizen children marching under Mexican flags and asserting their identities as something other than American is very troubling and should be seen as a wake-up call to the political leadership of this country. The United States could well face a situation similar to what has been taking place in France and other parts of Europe, where the children of the last generation of immigrants not only do not identify with the societies in which they live, but are openly hostile to them.”

Kirchner’s new position is a very powerful one, which it makes it all the more disturbing considering her past work. The USCIS Ombudsman engages with applicants for immigration status to fix problems. The Ombudsman, and her office, helps in cases such as when a petition has fallen through the cracks, where the agency issues flawed analyses.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• Android_Halwa

• Quickgun_murugan

• tom bhayya

Top Posters In This Topic

Okka mukka lo cheppalentey.

The person in charge of looking after immigrants issues is a huge anti immigrant and a white supremacist herself. And her boss was known to be a guy who actively advocated encouraging White immigration and racial quotas to the US while blaming non White immigrants as a threat to the American culture and blaming them for destroying White American culture.

He also encouraged eugenics.

So now onwards any issues with immigrants and their cases(H1B transfers, amendments, extensions) will pile up and USCIS won't care about responding to your issues.

This is the best way to pursue the government's interests.

changing the laws might be tough..but implementing the existing rules is the best way to kill the catch without harming it. 

People on h1b, are the worst hit. The moment your application goes to USCIS for amendment,extension, You will be faced with never heard of RFE's and going further, you will see hardly any h1b extending their 6 year stay. forget about their 6 year, instead of 3, we will get only 1 year h1b..they will force us to apply for uscis application every year and weed out all the unnessasary h1b's...

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Okka mukka lo cheppalentey.

The person in charge of looking after immigrants issues is a huge anti immigrant and a white supremacist herself. And her boss was known to be a guy who actively advocated encouraging White immigration and racial quotas to the US while blaming non White immigrants as a threat to the American culture and blaming them for destroying White American culture.

He also encouraged eugenics.

So now onwards any issues with immigrants and their cases(H1B transfers, amendments, extensions) will pile up and USCIS won't care about responding to your issues.

baby_dc1

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

This is the best way to pursue the government's interests.

changing the laws might be tough..but implementing the existing rules is the best way to kill the catch without harming it. 

People on h1b, are the worst hit. The moment your application goes to USCIS for amendment,extension, You will be faced with never heard of RFE's and going further, you will see hardly any h1b extending their 6 year stay. forget about their 6 year, instead of 3, we will get only 1 year h1b..they will force us to apply for uscis application every year and weed out all the unnessasary h1b's...

Yeah bro, this is my last year in the US. Either MAVNI works or I am out.

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

I saw it coming..and it will only get worst..

h1b's from the last two years are hardest hit...

Doesn't matter, if you are due for an extension or transfer they will come after you now.

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Yeah bro, this is my last year in the US. Either MAVNI works or I am out.

I have 16 more months. I can't imagine  my application pending with USCIS for most of the year in the future...might have to sacrifice hell lot of life just to maintain the status..

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Doesn't matter, if you are due for an extension or transfer they will come after you now.

Yeah man, the moment our application package reaches USCIS, then the decision is striclty enforced and they try their best to find a reason not to give you an extension or amendment...motion to reconsider will pile up...cases aginst uscis will literally pile up in the courts and nothing moves forward...I see the casualty rate at 20% per year..

8 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

I have 16 more months. I can't imagine  my application pending with USCIS for most of the year in the future...might have to sacrifice hell lot of life just to maintain the status..

Pls enjoy ur 16 months stay in US.......u never know ur next visit to US ......I guess, for ur over action or mind set u may loose ur status......

@3$%

17 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Yeah man, the moment our application package reaches USCIS, then the decision is striclty enforced and they try their best to find a reason not to give you an extension or amendment...motion to reconsider will pile up...cases aginst uscis will literally pile up in the courts and nothing moves forward...I see the casualty rate at 20% per year..

Yes the causality rate will be super high, and no one's going to bother for the next 4 years till the elections are due.

Even then they can conveniently blame the new govt that might come into effect then and say they haven't cleared the backlog.

Expect amendments and extensions to take upto one year to get approved. Maybe even more. If you lose your job meanwhile during that time, you will be considered illegal and have to leave the nation.

39 minutes ago, LordOfMud said:

Pls enjoy ur 16 months stay in US.......u never know ur next visit to US ......I guess, for ur over action or mind set u may loose ur status......

@3$%

hehe...short minded fellows...my 16 months is by choice. not by chance. 

Nenu vadilesi veltunna...That makes a difference..