Rare and interesting diseases

timmy

nPs6J32.jpg

1. Proteus syndrome: A rare condition in which certain parts of the body continue to keep growing, it leaves the person with giant feet, hands and head resulting in difficulty in movement. The woman in the picture is Mandy Sellars and in June 2016 she revealed that her feet are slowly shrinking. According to speculation Proteus syndrome is also the disease that Joseph Merrick, the elephant man, suffered from.

Y7Iorki.jpg

2. Craniopagus parasiticus or parasitic twin: Formed during pregnancy where one’s twin gets attached to the body of the other. One such case of This was 8 year old Deepak Kumar Paswaan; with the body parts of his twin attached to his chest.

tHLZwy9.jpg

3. Cutaneous horn: Years ago what started to look as a mole, started to grow rapidly for Granny Zhao. Today it resembles a goat’s horn surprising all the doctors on the possible causes. I think she's actually had it removed by surgery now however.

frBHr98.jpg

4. Haemangioma tumor: When José Mestre from Portugal was fourteen when he developed a tumor that started growing on his lips. Soon enough on being ignored the tumor grew 5 kilograms covering his entire face and blinding him in an eye. Due to religious beliefs and financial situations he has continued to ignore the problem resulting in difficulty in sleeping, eating and performing daily activities. He's now 61!

eY7gLUl.jpg

. Progeria: I'm sure many of you will have heard of Sam Berns. The sufferer of progeria unfortunately passed away in 2014, aged 17. Before he died however he did a Ted X talk which he called 'My philosophy for a happy life'. Link (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=36m1o-tM05g). A genetic disorder that is extremely rare, children who suffer from this experience accelerated aging causing balding, rigid and crumpled skin, abnormality in bone functioning, also involving severe arthritis, and other impairments usually associated with old people. The kids who suffer from them usually live a short live spanning up to 20 years and succumb to it by strokes or heart malfunctions, etc.

L5TSgST.jpg

6. Neurofibroma: Neurofibroma is a tumor that is nerve based yet not malignant. One such case of this disorder is Chen who’s right foot has a tumor that has grown to weigh 150 pounds making the man immovable.

efnumcT.jpg

7. Epidermodysplasia Verruciformis: Known as the tree man, Dede Koswara suffers from skin eruptions that cause wart like structures to grow all over the body. Those with this are prone to the HPV infection that accelerates this disorder. These warts start to look like horns and resemble a tree structure. Unfortunately, Dede died at the age of 42 without seeing his dream become a reality. He never lived to see a cure so he could once again become a carpenter.

qDFDemw.jpg

8. Hypertrichosis: This disorder causes the one suffering from it to resemble a bear with excessive hair all over the body. The rearrangement of the chromosome eight in a three month fetus causing a disruption between the epidermis and dermis causes this disorder which makes hair grow from head to toe and regions where it is not common for man to have hair growth. The men in the picture are part of a family all suffering from this disease and I believe that they are part of a circus troupe / freak show type thing. Correct me if I'm wrong

Fo0apns.jpg

9. Uterus Didelphys: Hazel Jones suffers from a condition which causes her to have two uterus’s and cervix’s. This 27 year old had no clue of her one in a million disorder and always wondered why she has excruciating pain during her periods. It was not until she was 18 when her boyfriend requested her to get it checked as it was not normal and different. Uterus Didelphys is certainly a condition that most have unheard of and one that is extremely rare. Apparently there's also a man that's been born with two penis. What a pain in the balls!

852jdr8.jpg

10. Argyria: Argyria is a condition caused by an excessive exposure to chemical compounds of silver. Although there are other symptoms, the most dramatic symptom of Argyria is of course, the skin turning a dull blue colour. Despite research not being definitive, studies suggest that it can also cause a decrement in kidney function. Additionally, a lack of night vision could also be present. This would be caused by damaged damaged rods in the eyes , from the exposure to the silver dust in the eye region. Above is a before and after picture of Paul Karason, who died at the age of 62 due to Argyria being a permanent disease.

ZTGLtAh.jpg

11. Pica (picture is of stomach contents of a psychiatric patient with pica): If you've ever watched 'My strange addiction', it's likely you've seen someone with Pica. It's characterised by an appetite for substances with vey little nutritional value. These substances include things like paper, ice, paint, metal, sand, chalk, glass and even faeces, amongst many other things. For this disorder to be diagnosed as pica, the compulsion must carry on for more than a month and it must be at an age at which the consumption of such substances wouldn't be considered appropriate. As well as being just stupid, it can lead to an intoxication in children easily, as well as adults and can cause an impairment in both mental and physical development.

26 minutes ago, timmy said:

eY7gLUl.jpg

. Progeria: I'm sure many of you will have heard of Sam Berns. The sufferer of progeria unfortunately passed away in 2014, aged 17. Before he died however he did a Ted X talk which he called 'My philosophy for a happy life'. Link (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=36m1o-tM05g). A genetic disorder that is extremely rare, children who suffer from this experience accelerated aging causing balding, rigid and crumpled skin, abnormality in bone functioning, also involving severe arthritis, and other impairments usually associated with old people. The kids who suffer from them usually live a short live spanning up to 20 years and succumb to it by strokes or heart malfunctions, etc.

This is the inspiration behind the movie Pa

There is also one disease that affects one particular family and that family only as its genetic. 

Males around 40 will develop a disease that prevents them from sleeping, upon the onset of that disease they usually die within one year. 

I saw a documentary on that once 

27 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

Interesting ga emundi...in fact chudadanike kashtam ga undi #$1

Enta blessed manam anipistundi when i see these kind of sufferings.

Yo we are lucky, very lucky that way