BerkshireHathaway has $90 billion in cash, and looking to "buy a big business."

siru

Warren Buffett told CNBC that Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) has $90 billion in cash, and he's looking to "buy a big business."

The billionaire investor has been talking for a while now about wanting to make a large-scale acquisition but said he does not have anything on his radar now.

"I hate cash," Buffett said in an interview that aired Friday on "Squawk Box," one day before Berkshire's annual meeting in Omaha, Nebraska.

"I mean we are investing," he said. "But [cash] is a holding position until you find something else. But the very fact that interest rates are that low makes it hard for us to buy other things because other people buy things with borrowed money, and borrowed money is so cheap."

He added: "If we are competing with equity money against slim equity plus a lot of debt, we're at a disadvantage."

Buffett said he thought Berkshire was doing well with $90 billion cash until he saw this week that Apple's (AAPL) cash pile swelled to $256.8 billion in its fiscal second-quarter.

"I'm very jealous," he laughed. "I thought I was doing OK until I looked at their balance sheet."

"On the other hand," he said. "We've got ours here in the United States." Apple keeps most of its cash outside the U.S. for tax purposes.

25 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

good luck. everything is overpriced in the US.

kada, just like UK, Aust & European nations where everything is so underpriced

Maa oorla poultry farm vundi....warden buffet ki okay an ? Full profit la nadustundi...cash antunaru kabatti rate negotiable...

52 minutes ago, siru said:

Warren Buffett told CNBC that Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) has $90 billion in cash, and he's looking to "buy a big business."

The billionaire investor has been talking for a while now about wanting to make a large-scale acquisition but said he does not have anything on his radar now.

"I hate cash," Buffett said in an interview that aired Friday on "Squawk Box," one day before Berkshire's annual meeting in Omaha, Nebraska.

"I mean we are investing," he said. "But [cash] is a holding position until you find something else. But the very fact that interest rates are that low makes it hard for us to buy other things because other people buy things with borrowed money, and borrowed money is so cheap."

He added: "If we are competing with equity money against slim equity plus a lot of debt, we're at a disadvantage."

Buffett said he thought Berkshire was doing well with $90 billion cash until he saw this week that Apple's (AAPL) cash pile swelled to $256.8 billion in its fiscal second-quarter.

"I'm very jealous," he laughed. "I thought I was doing OK until I looked at their balance sheet."

"On the other hand," he said. "We've got ours here in the United States." Apple keeps most of its cash outside the U.S. for tax purposes.

kullubothu musalodu Buffet thatha... very inspiring person though....

Just now, Quickgun_murugan said:

@3$%

andulo navvataaniki emundhi? adhantha oka counter aa. ofcourse there are underpriced markets around the world. but not in western countries.

8 minutes ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

kullubothu musalodu Buffet thatha... very inspiring person though....

I don't find anything inspiring about someone who is rich.

On the other hand, if he created a piece of art, wrote a book, designed an impressive ship, discovered a new element, got a fields medal, etc.. that's another thing.

this thatha is just a rich boring person, who gives pointless investment advice now and then for rookies.

I hope when the hordes come for the rich, first they go for Warren Buffet and his kids @3$%

and they will come. lets see if Buffet is alive to be dragged into the street and mauled.

3 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

I don't find anything inspiring about someone who is rich.

On the other hand, if he created a piece of art, wrote a book, designed an impressive ship, etc.. that's another thing.

this thatha is just a rich boring person, who gives pointless investment advices now and then for rookies.

it inspires ppl with same camaraderie man..

2 minutes ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

it inspires ppl with same camaraderie man..

lesser the number of people inspired to become rich, better the society will be.

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

lesser the number of people inspired to become rich, better the society will be.

I agree with you on this