Bhayyoo $495 antaa ee shoe pair

Mustachio

Lonzo Ball releases signature shoe (at a big price) by Big Baller Brand

The Big Baller Brand released its first pair of Lonzo Ball signature shoes on Thursday. (Big Baller Brand photo) The Big Baller Brand released its first pair of Lonzo Ball signature shoes on Thursday. (Big Baller Brand photo) 

By Clay Fowler, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

POSTED: 05/04/17, 2:50 PM PDT | UPDATED: 3 DAYS AGO

0 COMMENTS

Big Baller Brand hasn’t yet executed its plan of partnering with a larger company, but that didn’t slow the production of former UCLA star Lonzo Ball’s first signature basketball shoe.

The projected No. 2 pick in the upcoming NBA draft released a video via SLAM Magazine on Thursday introducing the ZO2 Prime, a shoe Ball said was independently produced by Big Baller Brand.

The shoes retail from $495 to $695. An autographed version of the shoes being sold on Big Baller Brand website is listed at $995.

The website states that the shoes are available for pre-order to be shipped by Nov. 24, 2017.

“Growing up, my brothers and I talked about playing in the NBA one day,” Ball told SLAM Magazine. “We always talked about having our own signature shoe...And now, here we are.”

To this point, Big Baller Brand has only produced t-shirts and hats but LaVar Ball, Lonzo’s father and the company’s founder, said it would produce a shoe before the 2017-18 basketball season.

Big Baller Brand is in search of a partnership with a company that will license its products, but it failed to reach a deal with Nike, Adidas or Under Armour.

Lonzo, LiAngelo, and LaMelo Ball have revolutionized Chino Hills basketball, winning CIF and State championships. The oldest brother, Lonzo, has won freshman of the year at UCLA. The youngest Ball brother, LaMelo, is a teenage sensation. Lavar Ball is the father who manages their basketball lives, while promoting their own brand Big Baller Brand. Video by Jonathan Khamis, for the Orange County Register.

LaVar Ball told ESPN on April 30 that it showed the three companies a prototype for his son’s signature shoe but none were willing to meeting the condition that the Big Baller Brand company name remain on its apparel.

In addition to the ZO2 Prime starting at $495 - only sizes 14 and 15 are $695 - the ZO2 sandals are listed on bigballerbrand.com for $220.

By comparison, the most expensive version of Kevin Durant’s signature shoe, the KD 9 iD, is $195. James Harden’s Adidas Vol. 1 signature shoe retails for $140 and Stephen Curry’s Under Armour UA Curry3Zero is $119.99.

The most expensive Jordan Brand shoe is the $400 Air Jordan 5 Retro Premium.

Ball’s ZO2 Prime is a low-cut, sleek black shoe with gold accents, a Big Baller Brand logo on the side of the shoe and a large ZO2 emblem the wraps around the back.

LaVar Ball told the Southern California News Group in April that he would continue to seek a partner for his company, but was prepared to continue growing Big Baller Brand independently, relying heavily on the growth of his three sons’ social media following.

“My boys, all three of them together have three million Instagram followers and if each one bought one T-shirt that’s $50 million,” LaVar Ball said. “Now imagine when I put the shoe game in there. Worldwide I should be able to sell a million shoes. Guess what? There’s $200 million. (Nike, Adidas and Under Armour) are offering me $10 or $20 million when they’re making a billion. I’ll sell the stuff myself and make that much.”

Lonzo Ball led the nation in assists and helped UCLA to a 31-5 record as a freshman last season. He announced after UCLA’s season-ending loss in the NCAA tournament regional semifinal on March 24 that he would enter in the NBA draft.

Middle brother LiAngelo Ball, who scored 72 points in a single game last season as a senior at Chino Hills High School, has signed a letter of intent with UCLA and will arrive in the fall. Youngest brother LaMelo Ball, who scored 92 points in a game last season as a sophomore at Chino Hills High, has verbally committed to UCLA.

Lonzo was offered an endorsement deal worth $100 million by either Nike, Adidas or Under Armour, according to LaVar Ball, but turned it down because the company wouldn’t license Big Baller Brand apparel. The release of the ZO2 Prime is the latest sign that the family isn’t going to alter their non-traditional approach.

“Why not the norm? Because normal is boring,” Lonzo Ball told SLAM Magazine. “At the end of the day it’s up to us, the athletes. We push the culture forward, don’t let the culture push us. It’s up to us to put forward a movement that empowers not only ourselves, but our families and our communities as well. A movement that allows us to claim what is ours.”

Just now, siru said:

and he didnt play NBA yet..lol

This Lavar Ball is a doucehbag. Kid is legit though

yet to prove on NBA level...

6 minutes ago, TheBrahmabull said:

yet to prove on NBA level...

yes..but he has the skills to be a superstar no doubts.

He just gotta put in work and be man enough to tell his dad to respectfully fk off