K Vishwanath garu receiving Prestigious DadaSaheb Phalke award from President of India

JANASENA

7 minutes ago, JANASENA said:

Great moment for TFI. I think after ANR and Ramanaidu garu, he's the only one from the TFI to get this award. Late recognition but better late than never. 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Great moment for TFI. I think after ANR and Ramanaidu garu, he's the only one from the TFI to get this award. Late recognition but better late than never. 

@gr33d*=:

38 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

three other telugu people were awarded too

10 minutes ago, SUbba LIngam said:

three other telugu people were awarded too

Oh okay I only remember ANR who got it in 1990 and DR who got it in late 90s. Rest idea ledu

1 hour ago, JANASENA said:

The only reason I know that there is an entity called "Dada Saheb Phalke" is because I keep hearing/reading about this award that is on their name.

1) I do not know who Dada Saheb Phalke is.

2) I do not know whether he is a director or an actor or a producer or a writer or a musician.

3) I do not know whether he is dead or alive.

4) I do not know from which part of India he is.

5) I believe I have taken an accurate guess and addressed Dada Saheb Phalke as "he", because of their name.

1 minute ago, MindRinger said:

The only reason I know that there is an entity called "Dada Saheb Phalke" is because I keep hearing/reading about this award that is on their name.

1) I do not know who Dada Saheb Phalke is.

2) I do not know whether he is a director or an actor or a producer or a writer or a musician.

3) I do not know whether he is dead or alive.

4) I do not know from which part of India he is.

5) I believe I have taken an accurate guess and addressed Dada Saheb Phalke as "he", because of their name.

Lifted from wiki for your convenience

Dhundiraj Govind Phalke (Marathi: धुंडीराज गोविंद फाळके), popularly known as Dadasaheb Phalke (Marathi: दादासाहेब फाळके ) (About this sound pronunciation (help·info)) (30 April 1870 – 16 February 1944), was an Indian producer-director-screenwriter, known as the Father of Indian cinema.[1][2][3] Starting with his debut film, Raja Harishchandra in 1913, now known as India's first full-length feature, he made 95 movies and 26 short films in his career spanning 19 years, till 1937, including his most noted works: Mohini Bhasmasur (1913), Satyavan Savitri (1914), Lanka Dahan (1917), Shri Krishna Janma (1918) and Kaliya Mardan (1919).[4]

The Dadasaheb Phalke Award, for lifetime contribution to cinema, was instituted in his honour by the Government of India in 1969. The award is one of the most prestigious awards in Indian cinema and is the highest official recognition for film personalities in the country.[5] A postage stamp bearing his face was released by India Post to honour him in 1971. An honorary award from the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Mumbai was introduced in the year 2001, for lifetime achievement in Indian cinema.[6]