Anyone here working in US on a TN-1 Visa(Canadian citizen)

tennisluvr

How easy is it for you to obtain jobs in the US? Do you still require sponsorship? Do you face a rejection from companies and employers that typically don't sponsor visa holders? let us know your experiences. 

Canadian citizens who want to work in US are who are eligible to work here under TN1 visa. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• Quickgun_murugan

• trent

• princeofheaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a guy who used to work on TN1 visa. 

He was roomie..was a canadian citizen but has been working in US for a while on Tn-1 visa...it seems its much better than being on h1..

I don't think they need sponsorship..as long as they have valid job offer, thats more than enough I guess, cos my roomie used to switch jobs often..not sure how he did that but one day he was working with T-mobile and the other day he is with expedia..and when I asked about sponsor, I remember he said he doesnt need a sponsor..I might be wrong though

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

I know a guy who used to work on TN1 visa. 

He was roomie..was a canadian citizen but has been working in US for a while on Tn-1 visa...it seems its much better than being on h1..

I don't think they need sponsorship..as long as they have valid job offer, thats more than enough I guess, cos my roomie used to switch jobs often..not sure how he did that but one day he was working with T-mobile and the other day he is with expedia..and when I asked about sponsor, I remember he said he doesnt need a sponsor..I might be wrong though

Was it in Gurnee ?

12 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

How easy is it for you to obtain jobs in the US? Do you still require sponsorship? Do you face a rejection from companies and employers that typically don't sponsor visa holders? let us know your experiences. 

Canadian citizens who want to work in US are who are eligible to work here under TN1 visa. 

yendi vuncle immi side neku doubts aa, canadian chitizens ki matrame tn1 istharu anta, mana mesthri letter unna kuda chalu POE lo but adhi kuda limited time isthari but renewal is not a hassle like h1,but nuvu indian+ canadian chitizen aithe matram labor 140 que same to same

13 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Thanks for your response guys. So it's way easier than being on H1B, that's good to know. 

also no cost for employer except offer letter, also can do 1099 direct to prime vendorr

9 minutes ago, princeofheaven said:

also no cost for employer except offer letter, also can do 1099 direct to prime vendorr

bench medha na unte

15 minutes ago, nandananditha said:

bench medha na unte

min wage issues levu, almost equal to GC anduke canadian citizens hardly apply for GC

1 hour ago, nandananditha said:

yendi vuncle immi side neku doubts aa, canadian chitizens ki matrame tn1 istharu anta, mana mesthri letter unna kuda chalu POE lo but adhi kuda limited time isthari but renewal is not a hassle like h1,but nuvu indian+ canadian chitizen aithe matram labor 140 que same to same

kothadi emanna unte chppu bhayya