Laid of from previous company from FTE

lacumba

23 minutes ago, reality said:

I am pursuing new growth opportunities in my area of expertise, beyond the ones that are provided by my present company.

this still gives the same impression, that if I find a better opportunity later, i will jump ship . Isn't it?

Anyone who managed to still get the job despite stating that you were laid off. I mean if you are fit for the job being interviewed, would they not consider? After all any company can lay off anyone as they change thier stategies

4 minutes ago, lacumba said:

this still gives the same impression, that if I find a better opportunity later, i will jump ship . Isn't it?

Anyone who managed to still get the job despite stating that you were laid off. I mean if you are fit for the job being interviewed, would they not consider? After all any company can lay off anyone as they change thier stategies

No it wont... just correlate few opportunities  that you are interested which are part of the job description of the new job that you are applying for...

2 minutes ago, lacumba said:

Don't worry man. Lay off can happen for anyone in any role. Lay off doesn't happen only for poorly performing employees. Here are few other scenarios.

1. Cost savings by company. Most of the times firms do restructuring, laying off  even VPs, Directors, managers.

2. Part of the company acquired by some other firm and the firm that acquires do some hier changes and most people don't like and leave. 

3. Company relocation and company don't want to relocate everyone or employees don't want to move to new location.

Make up a story and tell them. it is very normal in US and no one would make decision based on things happened in your previous company. It all depends on how well you performed in interview. 

I would suggest using the option#1.

yeah interview ayinidi morning. He only asked my past experience. He did not ask why I was moving. So far I never got away with out the question being asked. I always struggle to find explanation before every interview. Some work out and some diplomatically say that interview went well and never get back.