Question to AWS / Network experts

Batman_fan

There is a website that streams live videos to Users. The problem is that the video streaming is very slow as more and more users view the live video.  Upon further analysis, the network traffic showed some weird route, sometimes the upload from live location even routing through Europe edge location. What would be best option to speed up the video streaming?

Would AWS forum help with this kind of questions? 

4 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

There is a website that streams live videos to Users. The problem is that the video streaming is very slow as more and more users view the live video.  Upon further analysis, the network traffic showed some weird route, sometimes the upload from live location even routing through Europe edge location. What would be best option to speed up the video streaming?

So where's the video streaming from i.e., the geographical area where it's streaming from? You mentioned that the route it streamed from was weird, I didn't understand the Europe edge location part. Did you mean to say that the video was streaming from a geographical area which is very distant to where the video is being telecast from live? 

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

So where's the video streaming from i.e., the geographical area where it's streaming from? You mentioned that the route it streamed from was weird, I didn't understand the Europe edge location part. Did you mean to say that the video was streaming from a geographical area which is very distant to where the video is being telecast from live? 

Video upload happens in Calif, data center is V. Virginia. The data path is like this. Calif->WA->Amsterdam->WA->IL->N.Virginia

Video upload happens in Calif, data center is V. Virginia. The data path is like this. Calif->WA->Amsterdam->WA->IL->N.Virginia

out of country endhku( Amstersdam)  velthundhiii.. looks like somethings is not set up right ?  Try to scale up the servers

service provider evaru ? ask him to check this ? I donno about aws or cloud hosting.. but mpls .or bgp issue if the route hop is missing.

2 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

service provider evaru ? ask him to check this ? I donno about aws or cloud hosting.. but mpls .or bgp issue if the route hop is missing.

edge locations using anta bro.. so AWS a ga

23 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

Issue seems to be related to Bandwidth and Content Routing

Does the streaming slow down as the number of users start viewing the stream?

And when a trace route is performed from users in different locations, what are the results?

14 minutes ago, Kalam_Youtheman said:

out of country endhku( Amstersdam)  velthundhiii.. looks like somethings is not set up right ?  Try to scale up the servers

don't know. we think that could be a known issue in AWS. waiting for their answer

13 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

AWS

4 minutes ago, dewarist said:

Issue seems to be related to Bandwidth and Content Routing

Does the streaming slow down as the number of users start viewing the stream?

And when a trace route is performed from users in different locations, what are the results?

Yes, slows down as more users start viewing. We don't have routing info from Users location. How do we get those? Sorry, I am new to network/routing stuff. Any tool we could use?

Is there anything else to check?

Yes, slows down as more users start viewing. We don't have routing info from Users location. How do we get those? Sorry, I am new to network/routing stuff. Any tool we could use?

Is there anything else to check?

new ah .. kaaali peeeli vellu pettaku cloud lo.... motham nashanam avthundhii..... 

tool annav kabbbbatii try install wireshark 

3 minutes ago, Kalam_Youtheman said:

new ah .. kaaali peeeli vellu pettaku cloud lo.... motham nashanam avthundhii..... 

tool annav kabbbbatii try install wireshark 

cloud andaru kaaali peeeli tho ne modalu pedataru. ademi 10-20 years tech kadu kada ipatiki expert ayipodaniki. 

Anyways, I am not trying to do anything. I am just trying to understand how one would address this issue.

1 hour ago, Batman_fan said:

cloud andaru kaaali peeeli tho ne modalu pedataru. ademi 10-20 years tech kadu kada ipatiki expert ayipodaniki. 

Anyways, I am not trying to do anything. I am just trying to understand how one would address this issue.

Lol....careful bro... cloud is different....so underestimate...

ante ikkade DB cheppinaavaani neeeku info vachinaavi velli mee manager tho seppakuu.. nuvvu thoppp thurrm ankntaaadu...why dont we try that this ani... ledhu nenu pedthaa ante sare velluuu pettuu bro... u will know the result

24 minutes ago, Kalam_Youtheman said:

Lol....careful bro... cloud is different....so underestimate...

ante ikkade DB cheppinaavaani neeeku info vachinaavi velli mee manager tho seppakuu.. nuvvu thoppp thurrm ankntaaadu...why dont we try that this ani... ledhu nenu pedthaa ante sare velluuu pettuu bro... u will know the result

Chill man.... evado okadu naku question veste....nenu ikada vesa.....danike nuvu chala assumption chesukuntunav ga....