Manager fired

money_minded

Simple ga chepta

20 years back my manager joined the client as analyst. Slow ga become Senior analyst, then manager, and recently become director. No matter what role she was in, she didn't change the way she managed people - micro management, rude, and laying off contractors with almost no notice if no work. Other worst thing she did is she never allowed her sub-ordinates interact with her superiors.

In last 20 years, company had acquired 3 smaller companies and also sold some divisions. In last 5 years, 18 people changed under her including FTEs, mostly due to her rudeness and aggressive/demanding work in her team. She only keeps the people she likes and listens to her. She told me should would offer me FTE if I stay for few more months. I had rejected 2 Contract to hire offers hoping to get FTE soon. Now company decided not to relocate her to new HQ.

Lesson - Always prepare for the worst and make sure your work is visible to everyone. All the work (worked like crazy, almost worked every weekend/long weekends) I and my team did is gone waste because she never included us in any mails of appreciation or issues from her bosses and now need to worry every day what would happen to us. I am looking for new job now. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• money_minded

• MeetFriendz

• mastercheif

• Sreeven

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, money_minded said:

Simple ga chepta

20 years back my manager joined the client as analyst. Slow ga become Senior analyst, then manager, and recently become director. No matter what role she was in, she didn't change the way she managed people - micro management, rude, and laying off contractors with almost no notice if no work. Other worst thing she did is she never allowed her sub-ordinates interact with her superiors.

In last 20 years, company had acquired 3 smaller companies and also sold some divisions. In last 5 years, 18 people changed under her including FTEs, mostly due to her rudeness and aggressive/demanding work in her team. She only keeps the people she likes and listens to her. She told me should would offer me FTE if I stay for few more months. I had rejected 2 Contract to hire offers hoping to get FTE soon. Now company decided not to relocate her to new HQ.

Lesson - Always prepare for the worst and make sure your work is visible to everyone. All the work (worked like crazy, almost worked every weekend/long weekends) I and my team did is gone waste because she never included us in any mails of appreciation or issues from her bosses and now need to worry every day what would happen to us. I am looking for new job now. 

aaame from which country ?

3 minutes ago, mastercheif said:

firing mamule.. she will join new compnay and do same man.

5 years nunchi manager ante matter unnatte

yes, worst culture I ever saw. Didn't change with time I think

10 minutes ago, KathiRamdaas said:

a contractor has no value, no appreciation, no respect in companies except money earning....

as a contractor inkem expect chestunnav baa 

1 minute ago, BostonBullodu said:

as a contractor inkem expect chestunnav baa 

nen em expect chestale...TS ki explaining contractor is adda meeda koolodu ani@3$%

5 minutes ago, MeetFriendz said:

yekada mee manager ni fire yekada chesaru not to relocate ani anavu ante kadha .. am i missing some thing ?

Firing may not be right word. 

But company said they will relocate her 1 year back and she made all arrangements for that. I heard her husband quit his job too and kids made preparations for new school. I also heard if they fire her, they would have to give her 9 months pay as she worked for 20 years. So they said they will not relocate her and gave 1 month to decide. 

3 minutes ago, money_minded said:

Firing may not be right word. 

But company said they will relocate her 1 year back and she made all arrangements for that. I heard her husband quit his job too and kids made preparations for new school. I also heard if they fire her, they would have to give her 9 months pay as she worked for 20 years. So they said they will not relocate her and gave 1 month to decide. 

oh ok ... 

So 1 month yem decide chesukomani yecharu mari ?

So if she is not leaving or will be staying either ways neeku mee team ki eamiti problem ?