Shocking , Spelling BEE in ESPN 99% ABCD

iddaritho

2 minutes ago, libraguy863 said:

i agree.. evari comfort level valladi.. 

If attending spelling bees and preparing for them is all the kid wants, sure that's his/her comfort level. However, the majority of these kids are forced to participate in these and the parents force these onto their kids as a prestige issue. 

Just like how the car you drive, the house you live becomes a matter of prestige for our folks for the most part bragging about whether their kids have attended spelling bees has become the same. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• chittimallu2

• Srimantudu

• Suhaas

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

IT is showing their ego. If the kid is genuinely interested in attending spelling bees that's a different matter. But to everything away from him and making him only prepare for spelling bees, is indeed trying to take away all their passion from them just so that these desi parents can get some bragging rights in front of other desi parents. 

As for White kids, they aren't just limited to spelling bees or geography bees. Most of them pursue what they like whether it be baseball, basketball or football if it comes to sports. How many desi kids have you seen playing football, or baseball at the highest levels? I would say the number is closer to zero. 

Haha enduku different things ni kalipesi confuse avthunnav... a 9 yr old kid barely has a genuine interest in something, they dont know anything except for what their parents tell them about at that age or get a little influence from their peers. Yeah Tommy, Ricky and John plays baseball so yeah I want to play. Rajesh, Satish, Subash are in spelling bee so yeah I want to be there too.... ila untai anna maata aa age lo poragallaki. Just because a parent made them attend a spelling bee you cant say they wont let them play or do something else too. I play football regularly, I see a ton of Indian kids get coached under an african coach at a school nearby along with some black and mexican kids. 

As for your second para, its shite because football and baseball are not big in India and for the American born indian kids, we are still catching up as we are generations late to enter this country and moreover our build is not for athletic sports. Playing them at highest level is a different story, it has nothing to do with the "ego" you claim of.

Like always you are cute every time you point your fingers at "desis" and their stereotypes.

7 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

If attending spelling bees and preparing for them is all the kid wants, sure that's his/her comfort level. However, the majority of these kids are forced to participate in these and the parents force these onto their kids as a prestige issue. 

Just like how the car you drive, the house you live becomes a matter of prestige for our folks for the most part bragging about whether their kids have attended spelling bees has become the same. 

Again you are wrong, there are tons of non "Desi" communities that send their kids to a particular camp just because they have their colleagues or friends doing the same. Blacks do that mostly with basketball, whites with tennis, ballet (for girls especially), and baseball. Maybe the Indian community feels we have a better shot at spelling bee success so why not? Like i said above a 10 - 15 yr old kid barely will have a real interest in something, most of the interest they show are because of what their friends do. Its very rare for a kid that age to think out of the box and try to be something else.

baseball lo 99% thellollu untaru... basketball lo 99% nallollu untaru... football lo 99% makku gallu untaru... appudu levani noru spelling bee lo 99% desi poragallu unte lesthundi enduku janalaki 

1 minute ago, chittimallu2 said:

Haha enduku different things ni kalipesi confuse avthunnav... a 9 yr old kid barely has a genuine interest in something, they dont know anything except for what their parents tell them about at that age or get a little influence from their peers. Yeah Tommy, Ricky and John plays baseball so yeah I want to play. Rajesh, Satish, Subash are in spelling bee so yeah I want to be there too.... ila untai anna maata aa age lo poragallaki. Just because a parent made them attend a spelling bee you cant say they wont let them play or do something else too. I play football regularly, I see a ton of Indian kids get coached under an african coach at a school nearby along with some black and mexican kids. 

As for your second para, its shite because football and baseball are not big in India and for the American born indian kids, we are still catching up as we are generations late to enter this country and moreover our build is not for athletic sports. Playing them at highest level is a different story, it has nothing to do with the "ego" you claim of.

Like always you are cute every time you point your fingers at "desis" and their stereotypes.

Nenu choosindi nenu cheppa if you don't accept or like it that's not my issue. Go and ask every desi parent around what makes them so passionate about sending their kids to spelling bees. Beyond the fact that they want to "compete" with other desi parents who send their kids to spelling bees I don't see any other reason why these parents would be so passionate to engulf their kids entire time to preparing for spelling bees. But then that doesn't fit your agenda perhaps, or your world view of things. 

Asian American kids(Chinese and South Korean mainly) excel at a lot of sports apart from music at the school level, and even they are from nations which aren't too big on Football or baseball. Also kids have a nature proclivity towards certain sports, that apart playing a sport might inculcate a sense of physical and mental discipline in these kids, something rote learning a few spellings might not. But then you might have some thing up your sleeve which proves how physically beneficial spelling these words is to the kids, lol. 

I don't have to be "cute" trying to re-emphasize a very commonly noticed stereotype, even if it rubs your feelings. 

1 minute ago, chittimallu2 said:

baseball lo 99% thellollu untaru... basketball lo 99% nallollu untaru... football lo 99% makku gallu untaru... appudu levani noru spelling bee lo 99% desi poragallu unte lesthundi enduku janalaki 

Are you talking about Soccer? Because Football means a different sport in the US, which is different from what's football outside US(it's called Soccer here)

3 minutes ago, chittimallu2 said:

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Are you talking about Soccer? Because Football means a different sport in the US, which is different from what's football outside US(it's called Soccer here)

Ade soccer or football whatever ROW calls it @3$%

4 minutes ago, chittimallu2 said:

Again you are wrong, there are tons of non "Desi" communities that send their kids to a particular camp just because they have their colleagues or friends doing the same. Blacks do that mostly with basketball, whites with tennis, ballet (for girls especially), and baseball. Maybe the Indian community feels we have a better shot at spelling bee success so why not? Like i said above a 10 - 15 yr old kid barely will have a real interest in something, most of the interest they show are because of what their friends do. Its very rare for a kid that age to think out of the box and try to be something else.

I have seen tons of Asian Americans mainly Chinese and Korean kids not just excelling in academics but also excel in sports such as tennis, baseball, basketball etc beyond also being able to play a musical instrument at a very high professional level. There are perhaps some desi kids who can do that but they pale in number compared to the amount of Asian American kids mentioned above who can do all that. 

The reason is because unlike most desi parents who deem only a few things like spelling bees worthy of their respect and adulation, Asian Americans encourage their kids being well rounded instead of some automatons that can spell exotic words that 99% people would never use in real life or care about using. 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Nenu choosindi nenu cheppa if you don't accept or like it that's not my issue. Go and ask every desi parent around what makes them so passionate about sending their kids to spelling bees. Beyond the fact that they want to "compete" with other desi parents who send their kids to spelling bees I don't see any other reason why these parents would be so passionate to engulf their kids entire time to preparing for spelling bees. But then that doesn't fit your agenda perhaps, or your world view of things. 

Asian American kids(Chinese and South Korean mainly) excel at a lot of sports apart from music at the school level, and even they are from nations which aren't too big on Football or baseball. Also kids have a nature proclivity towards certain sports, that apart playing a sport might inculcate a sense of physical and mental discipline in these kids, something rote learning a few spellings might not. But then you might have some thing up your sleeve which proves how physically beneficial spelling these words is to the kids, lol. 

I don't have to be "cute" trying to re-emphasize a very commonly noticed stereotype, even if it rubs your feelings. 

Like I said, its a community thing. A white guy prefers his kid to be in baseball or tennis.. black with basketball and indians with spelling bee. Nothing wrong, they all want their kid to compete in what their community typically excels at. You dont have to see a reason, they have their reasons probably.

baseball is huge in japan, an asian country. football is big in china (bigger than in india atleast), basketball is very very huge in china.... maybe you have no clue about those sports abroad but do your research and you will know more.... You dont have a valid argument now so all you try to do is belittle spelling bee and put a "lol" at the end of it. Why does everything have to be physically beneficial? nuvvu ekkada argument start chesi ekkadiki velthunnavo ardham avthundha? What does the lack of physical aspect to spelling has to do with the ego you claimed of in the first post?

you cant rub my feelings, if you re read what you have read you will know who's nerve is being hit. 

5 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

There is only one football... the rest are all handeggs  - Socrates 871 A.D.   @3$%

15 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

IT is showing their ego. If the kid is genuinely interested in attending spelling bees that's a different matter. But to everything away from him and making him only prepare for spelling bees, is indeed trying to take away all their passion from them just so that these desi parents can get some bragging rights in front of other desi parents. 

As for White kids, they aren't just limited to spelling bees or geography bees. Most of them pursue what they like whether it be baseball, basketball or football if it comes to sports. How many desi kids have you seen playing football, or baseball at the highest levels? I would say the number is closer to zero. 

Why are the white guys more into management ?

Why are black guys more into sports / dance ?

Why are Indians more into education / technology?

Its genetics man.... that's the area we can do best.

Stop judging everyone too quickly. This world and the human race is so complex....many ifs & if elses involved. Ego & showoff is not the reason for everything...

As far as i understand, relatively Indians are doing their part pretty well with what ever they can. Stop hating your own people. 

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I have seen tons of Asian Americans mainly Chinese and Korean kids not just excelling in academics but also excel in sports such as tennis, baseball, basketball etc beyond also being able to play a musical instrument at a very high professional level. There are perhaps some desi kids who can do that but they pale in number compared to the amount of Asian American kids mentioned above who can do all that. 

The reason is because unlike most desi parents who deem only a few things like spelling bees worthy of their respect and adulation, Asian Americans encourage their kids being well rounded instead of some automatons that can spell exotic words that 99% people would never use in real life or care about using. 

Its a generation and clutural thing... sports are nit very big in India bar cricket... moreover highly physical sports are not something indians can excel at due to various reasons. Basketball, baseball and football are all bigger in other asian countries compared to India. So yeah it has nothing to do with the ego of desi parents that you talk about

1 minute ago, dakumangalsingh said:

Poddugala poddugala endii vayya mee lolli Friday ochchindii masala post cheyalananna kanisa responsibility evariki ledu 

true, I made my point and Im out of here...  

tennisluvr has a knack of not missing any opportunity to talk bad about "desi" mentality, which is also a typical desi mentality... ee vishayam epudu thelusukuntado papam  @3$%

Just now, Feelingbad said:

Why are the white guys more into management ?

Why are black guys more into sports / dance ?

Why are Indians more into education / technology?

Its genetics man.... that's the area we can do best.

Stop judging everyone too quickly. This world and the human race is so complex....many ifs & if elses involved. Ego & showoff is not the reason for everything...

As far as i understand, relatively Indians are doing their part pretty well with what ever they can. Stop hating your own people. 

The above things you claim  are nothing to do with genetics ankul. Genetics are responsible for physical and certain mental attributes. 1.2 billion population lo education technology lo excel ayye valla percentage chala takkuva.

white guys management ante because their native language is English so they have edge over communication skills anthe rest all you can develop when you work hard.

may be Jamaicans into sprint 

Kenyans into long distance running ante genetics ani cheppochu