Shocking , Spelling BEE in ESPN 99% ABCD

iddaritho

1 minute ago, chittimallu2 said:

I dont know if im typical to that or not and to be honest I dont even care if im one, all Im doing here is laughing at how you throw your toys out of the pram and just putting you in your place :) 

Naah dude you ain't putting anyone in their place, you are just hanging onto straws. The only thing you perhaps are capable of, but it's amusing to see you in that process. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• chittimallu2

• Srimantudu

• Suhaas

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no, but tennisluvr says desis are full of ego and thats the reason we see so many indians in spelling bee, how can he sleep peacefully now :( 

I don't sleep in the day but if this has chilled your titss enough, you could perhaps go take a nap now. 

6 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

That's where you make assumptions that suit your convenience. Where did I mention that Yao Ming was from the USA? I just mentioned him because that's an example of someone making a sport very popular back where he is from(in this case China). All it took was one star athlete that played for a major US basketball league to make Chinese sit and take notice that they can excel at Basketball too. I also mentioned Jeremy Lin to prove my point, that popularity has rubbed onto the Chinese American kids making a star out of Jeremy lin. I bet there would be more coming, as for desi kids catching up onto this I don't see that happening. Time will tell, but I can bet a $100 that we will never see an Indian American sportsman as popular as any of the examples mentioned above even in the next 50 years. 

I am not embarrassing myself any further than someone like you trying to prove a non existent point is, just because as I mentioned it placates your ego. 

adhe vayya nenu cheppedi... yao ming succeed avvadaniki and vadni rockets konadaniki reason is because china has a big basketball market and better players compared to India...  he is not an american chinese guy (comparing to spelling bee kids who are american indians).... already china lo basketball is huge so there is more tendency for chinese kids to pick a basketball instead of a spelling bee competition book.

My point was never non existent because I didnt try to make any point in the first place. All I did was made you look a clown with your base less claim of "ego" because few kids  excel in spelling bee and few others are aspiring to be.

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Naah dude you ain't putting anyone in their place, you are just hanging onto straws. The only thing you perhaps are capable of, but it's amusing to see you in that process. 

that irony meter just blew up dude, you were the one clutching at straws by playing the ego card for nothing

oh no, but tennisluvr says desis are full of ego and thats the reason we see so many indians in spelling bee, how can he sleep peacefully now :( 

nidra golilu fataphat la kalipi icheyyi :D . Personal ga I dont care if my kid wants to be in maths olympiad or spelling bee. Pakkintodu pampisthe naa M ki em padthadi. 

5 minutes ago, littlestar said:

aapandi naa L. Naaku thelisina okka desi poradu or pilla kuda spelling bee ki poledu at any level. Most of them I know are in to tennis,basketball and soccer at school level and once they hit college anni marchipoi G mooskoni saduvkuntaru. Nothing generic and depends on parents interest first to join and then kids interest to continue.

Ikkada point enti antey why is it that there are so many(as per the TS 99%) Indian American kids at spelling bees, for an ethnic group that's a tiny minority of the population of US. My answer is that because we are obsessed with it, neeku telisinollu unna lekunna answer why is it that so many spelling bees are predominantly Indian in the last few years. 

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I don't sleep in the day but if this has chilled your titss enough, you could perhaps go take a nap now. 

nah I got things to do bro, you go ahead ranting on the desi mentality and be a proud american that you wannabe 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Ikkada point enti antey why is it that there are so many(as per the TS 99%) Indian American kids at spelling bees, for an ethnic group that's a tiny minority of the population of US. My answer is that because we are obsessed with it, neeku telisinollu unna lekunna answer why is it that so many spelling bees are predominantly Indian in the last few years. 

Maybe because we are good at it?

1 minute ago, littlestar said:

nidra golilu fataphat la kalipi icheyyi :D . Personal ga I dont care if my kid wants to be in maths olympiad or spelling bee. Pakkintodu pampisthe naa M ki em padthadi. 

nee M ki pattadhu... tennisluvr M ki boozu padthundhanta ala pampithe... 

that irony meter just blew up dude, you were the one clutching at straws by playing the ego card for nothing

I merely pointed out the "ego" a lot of desi parents have about sending their kids to spelling bees, that I had observed. You have no way to validate it as being true or false since it's my personal observation. However by attacking the messenger and not being able to look at the message, you are making a fool out of yourself. Don't indulge in Ad Hominem any further, if you can accept that you aren't capable of anything beyond it I can understand. I have seen worse. 

Ok. Let me be the Judge. 

There is a point in both sides of the Argument. 

@tennisluvr : Desi parents have to encourage their kids to do something other than Spelling Bee and break the stereo type

@chittimallu2 : There is nothing wrong in getting the kids into spelling bee. 

There is no logical way to prove one is better than the other. 

Agree to disagree and move on.  

nee M ki pattadhu... tennisluvr M ki boozu padthundhanta ala pampithe... 

There we go, on to the personal attacks now. So "cute". 

1 minute ago, Suhaas said:

Ok. Let me be the Judge. 

There is a point in both sides of the Argument. 

@tennisluvr : Desi parents have to encourage their kids to do something other than Spelling Bee and break the stereo type

@chittimallu2 : There is nothing wrong in getting the kids into spelling bee. 

There is no logical way to prove one is better than the other. 

Agree to disagree and move on.  

I would gladly move on, if the one that seems to think he's got a point here doesn't indulge in personal attacks. 

Also I never said there's anything "wrong" in getting their kids into spelling bee competitions, I said that's not the only thing that indicates achievement as much as our desi parents seem to think about. In simpler words, make them better well rounded than make them spelling bee automatons is what I mentioned about. 

Btw, I have noticed him say earlier that it's his last post in this thread however he keeps on going. I guess his statements are suited to his convenience. @3$%

1 minute ago, Suhaas said:

sorry not trying to kill the spirit, but further discussion will end in members personally abusing each other based on the db discussion workflow

I am done, I will let the master of personal attacks keep frothing at it's mouth.