Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• chittimallu2

• Srimantudu

• Suhaas

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Suhaas said:

Ok. Let me be the Judge. 

There is a point in both sides of the Argument. 

@tennisluvr : Desi parents have to encourage their kids to do something other than Spelling Bee and break the stereo type

@chittimallu2 : There is nothing wrong in getting the kids into spelling bee. 

There is no logical way to prove one is better than the other. 

Agree to disagree and move on.  

pora gottam nuvvendhi ra judgement ichedhi.. khaddar chirugudhi kottanante

6 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I merely pointed out the "ego" a lot of desi parents have about sending their kids to spelling bees, that I had observed. You have no way to validate it as being true or false since it's my personal observation. However by attacking the messenger and not being able to look at the message, you are making a fool out of yourself. Don't indulge in Ad Hominem any further, if you can accept that you aren't capable of anything beyond it I can understand. I have seen worse. 

no, I didnt attack you. I said you were wrong and that you are trying too hard to be a wannabe, just like in some other threads

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I don't sleep in the day but if this has chilled your titss enough, you could perhaps go take a nap now. 

Take it easy bro. We all know how most desis think and real purpose for sending out kids to competitions such as spelling bee or taking tours to IVY Leagues even before the kids know what those are. So leave the discussion. 

Random question - Do you know of any courses for AWS specialty certifications? I am looking for Big Data. Ryan still has Beta exam models. AWS are offering full version of exam now.

Just now, chittimallu2 said:

no, I didnt attack you. I said you were wrong and that you are trying too hard to be a wannabe, just like in some other threads

Okay we can end it on that note. I would rather come across as a "wannabe" than try to push my kids to do something because my neighbors kids are doing the same. 

I guess we can end this on that note. 

5 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Btw, I have noticed him say earlier that it's his last post in this thread however he keeps on going.

I agree thappu chesa

Just now, Batman_fan said:

Take it easy bro. We all know how most desis think and real purpose for sending out kids to competitions such as spelling bee or taking tours to IVY Leagues even before the kids know what those are. So leave the discussion. 

Random question - Do you know of any courses for AWS specialty certifications? I am looking for Big Data. Ryan still has Beta exam models. AWS are offering full version of exam now.

Did you try LinuxAcademy. I still find it the best course on the internet as far as AWS is concerned is LinuxAcademy. 

Maybe try the cloudacademy one as well but I haven't tried it myself personally. 

7 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Ikkada point enti antey why is it that there are so many(as per the TS 99%) Indian American kids at spelling bees, for an ethnic group that's a tiny minority of the population of US. My answer is that because we are obsessed with it, neeku telisinollu unna lekunna answer why is it that so many spelling bees are predominantly Indian in the last few years. 

Honestly I dont know or cannot guess on why. Always thought why but couldnt figureout. Parents Ego factor aithe I dont agree. There should be something more than that.

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Okay we can end it on that note. I would rather come across as a "wannabe" than try to push my kids to do something because my neighbors kids are doing the same. 

I guess we can end this on that note. 

im not saying you are a wannabe for not pushing your kid because your neighbour's kids did the same. 

I called you a wannabe because you feel superior by doing something "different" by calling others names

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Did you try LinuxAcademy. I still find it the best course on the internet as far as AWS is concerned is LinuxAcademy. 

Maybe try the cloudacademy one as well but I haven't tried it myself personally. 

Okay, will try. Thanks. I am hoping Ryan will update the course very soon. 

Just now, littlestar said:

Honestly I dont know or cannot guess on why. Always thought why but couldnt figureout. Parents Ego factor aithe I dont agree. There should be something more than that.

Let me answer it for you, chala mandiki anugunamga undey answer istha. 

We are genetically pre disposed to be spelling bees. Let's be happy with that answer, placates everyone's ego too. @3$%

1 minute ago, littlestar said:

commuity thing mama, naa first post adhe

8 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Our mentality is going to be vastly different from the mentality of kids that would grow up here dude. We grew up in a nation like India at a time when it was still considered a very poor nation with very limited opportunities. Mana parents manaki cheppevaru arey chaduvukoka pothey adukku tintavu ani, that's not the same case with the kids here man. That's what our desi parents fail to understand. Just because your kid doesn't excel at maths or science doesn't mean he's a loser who can't be good at anything else. 

There's nothing wrong with making the kids more studious and encouraging them to have a good career, but then it's also more important to make sure that your kids are well rounded in other aspects as well. Something that's look at positively in the Western culture which is why when you apply to a school like MIT or Stanford it's not just your academics that are taken into consideration, they also look at your volunteering record, what sort of leadership roles you have taken etc. Things that are completely alien to us and our culture. But then since our kids are growing up here don't you think there needs to be better cultural sensitivity on the part of those desi parents instead of just blindly sticking to an outdated formula that might have worked in the poor nation they grow up in. 

chinna age lo they need guidance to start with something or else they watch TV and play videogames but once in college and mature enough they can do wt ever they want. i see you keep on saying poor nation not sure wt you trying to prove here.

Just now, chittimallu2 said:

im not saying you are a wannabe for not pushing your kid because your neighbour's kids did the same. 

I called you a wannabe because you feel superior by doing something "different" by calling others names

I never called names, to each their own. You are mistaken, I am not claiming any sense of personal superiority by claiming to be "different". Maybe it's something I like but I am not judging someone for being "typical" either. 

As I said if it makes me a wannabe to make my kids more well rounded than to make them spelling bee automatons, I will gladly stick to that label.