Shocking , Spelling BEE in ESPN 99% ABCD

iddaritho

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Because most desi parents do indeed still PUSH their kids to do things that they may not necessarily be very interested in. 

Anduke some of those kids end up hating the Indian culture, because they associate that pushiness with the Indian culture. 

nee bondha ra
desi parents poragallani 5-6 activities ki teska potharu
emo mana buddodu/buddidhi endulo talent undi ani
variety gaani lekka unnai

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• chittimallu2

• Srimantudu

• Suhaas

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Srimantudu said:

i consider that as helping...pushing ante cheyamani force cheyadam...

valaki explain cheyadam pushing ela avthadi.. if we are good at something and we teach our kids..

Bro, there is a thin line. If you are helping your kid understand something that is good parenting.(No one can disagree that) 

But I have seen cases where parents push their kids to be better in Math and other stuff which they are not even required to learn in their grade. 

Mana case vere Bro, we didn't have many choices growing up so we were pushed to study harder but here they have lot of other things they can do so asking/hoping your kid to be better at something just because Dr. Sharma's kid is doing it or Kids in india are already doing it is pushing. 

P.S: Not a parent yet and My opinions are based on what I have seen (which may not be the entirety of the scenario) so I could be wrong. 

Just now, Suhaas said:

Bro, there is a thin line. If you are helping your kid understand something that is good parenting.(No one can disagree that) 

But I have seen cases where parents push their kids to be better in Math and other stuff which they are not even required to learn in their grade. 

Mana case vere Bro, we didn't have many choices growing up so we were pushed to study harder but here they have lot of other things they can do so asking/hoping your kid to be better at something just because Dr. Sharma's kid is doing it or Kids in india are already doing it is pushing. 

P.S: Not a parent yet and My opinions are based on what I have seen (which may not be the entirety of the scenario) so I could be wrong. 

same nenu chustuinna...people taking their kids to many other activities per say dancing karate music baseball etc.. so kid can choose what they like the most and go ahead 

u cant generalize that indian parents r pushng their kids..

ps: i am a parent

2 minutes ago, Suhaas said:

Perfect, that's what I have been saying all along. We grew up in a third world, under developed nation. These kids are growing up in a developed nation. Our concern for basic necessities in life(roti, kapda aur makaan) is not what these kids need to worry about. It's time our generation stops force feeding these kids based on our third world fears. 

Just now, Srimantudu said:

same nenu chustuinna...people taking their kids to many other activities per say dancing karate music baseball etc.. so kid can choose what they like the most and go ahead 

Agreed. 

1 minute ago, Srimantudu said:

Okay man nuvvu pushy parent ani anatledu kadaa. You may not be, but doesn't mean others aren't. 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Okay man nuvvu pushy parent ani anatledu kadaa. You may not be, but doesn't mean others aren't. 

adey cheptundi nuvve generalize chestunav....

48 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I never called names, to each their own. You are mistaken, I am not claiming any sense of personal superiority by claiming to be "different". Maybe it's something I like but I am not judging someone for being "typical" either. 

As I said if it makes me a wannabe to make my kids more well rounded than to make them spelling bee automatons, I will gladly stick to that label. 

I hope your kid loves spelling bee and excels at it so that some other wannabe can judge you and call you are full of "ego" or "pushing" for sending your kid to spelling bee.... 

1 minute ago, BostonBullodu said:

we want youth icon @chittimallu2 back in this discussion baa ravali ravalii reality ki koddo goppo daggaraga matladathav chala sarlu... 

disco aipoindi ... nuvvu vedhava ante nuvvu vedhava anukodame inka next... 

1 minute ago, BostonBullodu said:

we want youth icon @chittimallu2 back in this discussion baa ravali ravalii reality ki koddo goppo daggaraga matladathav chala sarlu... 

thanks for calling me youth icon.. .DB lo item gallantha uncle antunnaru thappa okkadu kooda ila anale... i love u

1 minute ago, chittimallu2 said:

thanks for calling me youth icon.. .DB lo item gallantha uncle antunnaru thappa okkadu kooda ila anale... i love u

Avunu uncle@3$%