TANA THANK NOTE FROM V.Jampala Chowdary, garu

ARYA

8c80ba7f-5446-43f6-87b6-10a052ff081d.jpg

Dear CHOWDARY gaaru:

I write this note to express my thanks to everyone that helped me during my service as the President of this august organization, our beloved TANA. 

The members of my Executive Committee team and the Board of Directors were with me every step of the way in the last 23 months as we continued the past traditions and activities of TANA and initiated several new innovative programs including the following: 
    TANA CARES!, 
    Telugu Without Borders, 
    Raithu Kosam, 
    Telugu Rachayita Web Site,
    Telugu Novel Competitions,
    Telugu Children's Literature Competitions. 
    Paathasaala, 
    Diploma courses in Classical Music and Dance, and 
    TANA-Curie Math and Spelling Competitions. 

As we celebrated TANA's 40th anniversary across the country, we have also solidified our status of being the largest Telugu organization in the world, and the most service oriented Telugu organization. TEAM Square volunteers continue to work hard in addressing the emergencies in the community.  We conducted folk, cultural, literary dramatic festivals in India and erected the statues of Dasaradhi brothers in Khammam during the biggest Chaitanya Sravanti program ever. 

My special thanks to all the volunteers and donors that helped us conduct all these programs. We had to deal with some controversies during this term, but I believe that our team handled them with dignity and without any bias or favor. I am confident that we can put all those issues behind us and move forward with harmony and cohesion as we put the organization's best interests in focus.

The recently concluded 21st TANA Conference was a grand success by almost all measures. Our aim was to have a conference that focused on the customer and the feedback I continue to receive is that we achieved that aim. Congratulations to the Telugu community of St. Louis which took up the challenge that a mid-size city can host a successful TANA Conference. More than 600 volunteers worked innumerable hours to make this possible. I thank each and every one of the guests, volunteers, committee chairs and the convener Dr. Kurmanadharao Chadalawada for making this conference a great success. Special thanks to Sri Narahari Kodali and Swagath Cuisine for the authentic Telugu food that was specifically praised by many of the guests. I thank all the donors and sponsors and the TANA leadership team across USA that worked very hard to raise the necessary funds for the Conference.

I thank you humbly for the opportunity you have given me and the trust that you placed in me by electing me unanimously to the office of the President. I hope I discharged my responsibilities and conducted myself in a way that is worthy of this honor.

I thank my dear wife Aruna who has been very supportive through out my 30 year journey with TANA and born a lot of stress in the process. My sons Vemana and Nannaya also volunteered actively for TANA over the years. I am hoping to make it up for all the time I have been away from them over the years.  

I am very optimistic about the future of the organization and wish the new team and the President Satish Vemana the very best. I will, of course, continue to serve our beloved TANA in whichever way I can.

Thanking you once again,
Yours in service, 
V. Chowdary Jampala, MD
Past-President