Horse crashes into car in Jaipur

JANASENA

06THHORSE

The horse that crashed into a car in Jaipur on Monday.  

Intense heat blamed for aggression

A tonga-pulling horse went berserk on Sunday, apparently due to the blistering heat, and crashed into a car through the windscreen, in the Civil Lines area here, injuring itself and the car driver. Passers-by and policemen had a difficult time getting the animal out of the car.

The incident took place in the afternoon when the temperature in the Pink City was hovering around 43 degree Celsius. Police said the horse was tied to the roadside by the tonga owner with a packet of fodder.

According to eyewitness accounts, the furious horse broke its harness and jumped onto the car coming in the opposite direction, as people ran to safety. The animal mounted the car’s bonnet and crashed into the wind shield. It remained stuck for about 10 minutes before the people dragged it out and rescued the car driver. Policemen and Forest Department officials joined in the rescue effort.

Driver injured

Car driver Pankaj Joshi suffered injuries on his arms and was discharged after being administered first aid. The horse is recuperating and veterinarians said its injuries were not very serious.

Mr. Joshi, who owns an event management firm, said he had just started his car near the Jaipur Club in the Civil Lines area when he heard a loud sound of breaking glass. “The next moment, I found myself stuck inside the car with a horse next to me,” he said.

3 minutes ago, JANASENA said:
06THHORSE

The horse that crashed into a car in Jaipur on Monday.  

Intense heat blamed for aggression

A tonga-pulling horse went berserk on Sunday, apparently due to the blistering heat, and crashed into a car through the windscreen, in the Civil Lines area here, injuring itself and the car driver. Passers-by and policemen had a difficult time getting the animal out of the car.

The incident took place in the afternoon when the temperature in the Pink City was hovering around 43 degree Celsius. Police said the horse was tied to the roadside by the tonga owner with a packet of fodder.

According to eyewitness accounts, the furious horse broke its harness and jumped onto the car coming in the opposite direction, as people ran to safety. The animal mounted the car’s bonnet and crashed into the wind shield. It remained stuck for about 10 minutes before the people dragged it out and rescued the car driver. Policemen and Forest Department officials joined in the rescue effort.

Driver injured

Car driver Pankaj Joshi suffered injuries on his arms and was discharged after being administered first aid. The horse is recuperating and veterinarians said its injuries were not very serious.

Mr. Joshi, who owns an event management firm, said he had just started his car near the Jaipur Club in the Civil Lines area when he heard a loud sound of breaking glass. “The next moment, I found myself stuck inside the car with a horse next to me,” he said.

Mr. Joshi, who owns an event management firm, said he had just started his car near the Jaipur Club in the Civil Lines area when he heard a loud sound of breaking glass. “The next moment, I found myself stuck inside the car with a horse next to me,” he said. @3$%