calling tennisluvr

bhaigan

They warned us that highly skilled and experienced people, who have worked in managerial positions in Dubai or India, are working as cab drivers or factory workers in Canada.

edi highlight

@bhaigan

Yes this happens, and it's somewhat true. Most Canadian employers ask for Canadian experience which means experience that you gain working in Canada. Although your US experience might be more helpful than your experience say in a country like India, it's not going to be the equivalent of having Canadian experience. 

At the end of the day you take a risk bhayya. Every place has it's ups and downs. Canada doesn't have jobs as plentiful as the US, and it's very expensive to live in the major cities there but atleast if you become a Canadian citizen your basic needs are taken care of by the Govt. 

That said I have friends in Canada who said while they had to struggle a bit initially, once they found jobs and gained some experience didn't have any further issues. 

So yeah it's not going to be perfect, but worth giving it a shot. 

4 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

They warned us that highly skilled and experienced people, who have worked in managerial positions in Dubai or India, are working as cab drivers or factory workers in Canada.

edi highlight

Lots of people who migrate there as doctors from other countries have ended up as cab drivers. But then your US experience might be more beneficial than someone's managerial experience in a place like Dubai. At the end of the day, US is an English speaking country and the experience here might be more beneficial in a similar nation like Canada, compared to Dubai. 

7 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

That said I have friends in Canada who said while they had to struggle a bit initially, once they found jobs and gained some experience didn't have any further issues. 

So yeah it's not going to be perfect, but worth giving it a shot. 

So here is my story: even after spending four years in Canada and upgrading my skills and using up all our savings, I am still without a job. Actually, this IS the story of thousands of fellow immigrants.

edi chudu

1 minute ago, bhaigan said:

So here is my story: even after spending four years in Canada and upgrading my skills and using up all our savings, I am still without a job. Actually, this IS the story of thousands of fellow immigrants.

edi chudu

Bro choosi em chestham cheppu. As I said you take a chance, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. US lo ne choodu, you have a job and all that but then never know what the future is tomorrow, can't plan for anything long term on a visa etc. So certainty ekkada ledu kadaa. 

Lots of those stories exist and are probably true, you just find a way for yourself. OR atleast try to anthey. Fortune favors the brave, don't come to conclusions based on some online blog comments. 

@bhaigan I think you are selectively reading all the negative stories, the blog post itself is quite depressing and I didn't read it in it's entirety. 

The first comment I saw was 

Renee Cudia-Manacsa
I beg to disagree. We cannot generalize. We are thankful for what Canada has offered us. We chose to see the bright side.
Like · Reply · 123 · Apr 27, 2017 7:46pm · Edited

Lavina Mas · 
We came from Abu Dhabi too. We never had any problems settling down and found jobs within a week in the same field. Thank you Canada for accepting us. Love this country.
Like · Reply · 32 · May 31, 2017 6:43am

Jaswant Dhonsi · 
Lavina Mas Agreed.
Like · Reply · 4 · May 31, 2017 5:13pm

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

@bhaigan I think you are selectively reading all the negative stories, the blog post itself is quite depressing and I didn't read it in it's entirety. 

The first comment I saw was 

Renee Cudia-Manacsa
I beg to disagree. We cannot generalize. We are thankful for what Canada has offered us. We chose to see the bright side.
Like · Reply · 123 · Apr 27, 2017 7:46pm · Edited

Lavina Mas · 
We came from Abu Dhabi too. We never had any problems settling down and found jobs within a week in the same field. Thank you Canada for accepting us. Love this country.
Like · Reply · 32 · May 31, 2017 6:43am

Jaswant Dhonsi · 
Lavina Mas Agreed.
Like · Reply · 4 · May 31, 2017 5:13pm

I am not reading or sharing negative posts frnd share chesadu

Just now, bhaigan said:

I am not reading or sharing negative posts frnd share chesadu

Okay then maybe he's reading all the negative posts selectively. Oka sari comments chaduvu that are posted under the article, several people have said that they were able to successfully find decent jobs. 

Anyway that said, if I have to migrate I am not going to limit myself to IT jobs. Project management related jobs cheyachu, also freelancing options exist etc. I have also done my research and contacted people on Quora who have migrated to Canada, they mostly all found jobs within a few months of moving to Canada. 

Recently one friend moved from India to Canada in March to Halifax, Nova Scotia. It doesn't have as big a job market as Toronto or Vancouver but he was able to find a job in 3 months in IT. 

23 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

boss in any new  country settling down in a regulated profession like teacher,ca etc is very hard. Other day met a paki chemist from saudi who is working in gas station in US even though he has GC through family based sponsorship. one good thing is we are in software field we can easily settle in another country 

Just now, princeofheaven said:

boss in any new  country settling down in a regulated profession like teacher,ca etc is very hard. Other day met a paki chemist from saudi who is working in gas station in US even though he has GC through family based sponsorship. one good thing is we are in software field we can easily settle in another country 

True and I think the article writer mentioned that her husband had 20 years of experience in the construction industry. Problem with an industry like that is that it closely aligns with the regional standards of that country, so the construction standards in Dubai might be vastly different from a country like Canada due to weather factors, population concentration etc. So his vast experience in Dubai might not be of much help here. 

Software is mostly unregulated that way as it's fairly similar in pattern anywhere in the world, mainly because the corps that supply these software tools are spread across the world. It's for that reason that while you find professional licenses like Professional Engineer in the fields of Electrical, Mechanical, Civil Engineering you won't find that in IT. The closest we have are certifications, which can be obtained in any country and have the same pattern whether you take the exam from Canada or India. 

3 minutes ago, princeofheaven said:

IT ennellu chesthavu bro, go to Australia and become a cop. _-_