20 year old Ostapenko first Latvian to win a Grand Slam final

tennisluvr

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Yeah he let the occasion get the better of him. I am sure he will learn, and get to be a better player. The talent is there, hope he will build the temperament as well. 

I don't think he has the game to be consistently great on tour. 

And I've been following him since his junior days (atleast on GS). Atleast he has more intent than Gasquet. so I don't have to be disappointed all the time :)

Who's that other guy? Aussie fellow.. I think he'll surpass everyone on tour in a couple of years. I forget his name. I hate him. But he seems really good.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• lazybugger

• 4Vikram

• Mustachio

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, lazybugger said:

And I've been following him since his junior days (atleast on GS). Atleast he has more intent than Gasquet. so I don't have to be disappointed all the time :)

Who's that other guy? Aussie fellow.. I think he'll surpass everyone on tour in a couple of years. I forget his name. I hate him. But he seems really good.

Are you talking about Nick Kyrgios? 

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

What do you think of Reilly Opelka's chances in the future? 

2 minutes ago, Mustachio said:

Mark Philipousis Federer's first GS final opponent was also very good at single handed backshots.

Aaptloo Ivan Ljubucic, Nikolay Davydenko, Marat Safin vellaaa serve powerful gaa undedhuu, but everyone remembers Roddick's serve. Feels like these three players lost their names in the histoty books. 

Safin gaduu aithee powerpacked tennis adedhii.

We remember them, man. and a whole lot more too.

Just now, tennisluvr said:

What do you think of Reilly Opelka's chances in the future? 

I haven't heard of the name, man. 

I know Thiem because his aunt was in Gasquet fan forum, and started to push the name on us since 2012. 

5 minutes ago, Mustachio said:

Mark Philipousis Federer's first GS final opponent was also very good at single handed backshots.

Aaptloo Ivan Ljubucic, Nikolay Davydenko, Marat Safin vellaaa serve powerful gaa undedhuu, but everyone remembers Roddick's serve. Feels like these three players lost their names in the histoty books. 

Davydenko's serve wasn't that powerful bro. Phillipoussis was called "Scud" due to his powerful serve. Davydenko was 5'8", hardly a height where you can serve with a lot of power. However, Davydenko was the best mover on tour for a lot of years and could outrun anyone on the court, even Federer remarked about Davydenko's ability to outrun anyone on the court. He was a very solid player that stayed in the top 5 of the rankings although he would never beat the top 4. 

However he had this moment of fire when he beat everyone at the World Tour finals once, and that's his biggest achievement so far. 

I haven't heard of the name, man. 

I know Thiem because his aunt was in Gasquet fan forum, and started to push the name on us since 2012. 

Oh are you on tennis talk? 

Davydenko's serve wasn't that powerful bro. Phillipoussis was called "Scud" due to his powerful serve. Davydenko was 5'8", hardly a height where you can serve with a lot of power. However, Davydenko was the best mover on tour for a lot of years and could outrun anyone on the court, even Federer remarked about Davydenko's ability to outrun anyone on the court. He was a very solid player that stayed in the top 5 of the rankings although he would never beat the top 4. 

However he had this moment of fire when he beat everyone at the World Tour finals once, and that's his biggest achievement so far. 

Davydenko was the last player I remember who consistently took the ball early and played attacking tennis. I love that guy.

Now we are left with Murray, who does a bit of 'everything'. By far, he is the best player on tour now.

8 minutes ago, Mustachio said:

About Marat Safin, he was someone that could beat anyone on his day including a prime Roger Federer. Also had a terrific serve as well, but he was too inconsistent, lacked match fitness and got injured quite frequently or had one of his downer moments when he would implode. But he was a very talented player that gave tennis some great moments in the early to mid 00s. 

Never followed Ivan Ljubucic that much although I do remember his name well. Roddick was more popular because the US media tried to prop him up as the next wave of American tennis, something he couldn't quite carry as well as the Americans expected him to. 

Davydenko was the last player I remember who consistently took the ball early and played attacking tennis. I love that guy.

Now we are left with Murray, who does a bit of 'everything'. By far, he is the best player on tour now.

Yes Davydenko had that speed, he was to me tennis's Mr.Hot wheels. 

About Marat Safin, he was someone that could beat anyone on his day including a prime Roger Federer. Also had a terrific serve as well, but he was too inconsistent, lacked match fitness and got injured quite frequently or had one of his downer moments when he would implode. But he was a very talented player that gave tennis some great moments in the early to mid 00s. 

Never followed Ivan Ljubucic that much although I do remember his name well. Roddick was more popular because the US media tried to prop him up as the next wave of American tennis, something he couldn't quite carry as well as the Americans expected him to. 

Ljubicic is the most boring motherfcuker who ever played tennis. Nothing striking about his game.