20 year old Ostapenko first Latvian to win a Grand Slam final

tennisluvr

Just now, lazybugger said:

Ljubicic is the most boring motherfcuker who ever played tennis. Nothing striking about his game.

Haha okay, never really followed him. Maybe that's why. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• lazybugger

• 4Vikram

• Mustachio

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Yes Davydenko had that speed, he was to me tennis's Mr.Hot wheels. 

I think you must have heard this amusing fact about Davy..

At his prime, he was playing so many tournaments, that he was basically living off caravan, traveling all over Europe, and playing in ATP 250 level tournaments too.

The guy's dedication towards tennis was immense. I remember him telling that it was because he was battling depression at that time, and playing nonstop tennis saved him.

He even won a couple of masters in that run. He's incredible.

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Did you ever watch Marcelo Rios play @lazybugger?

Even way before Nick Kyrgios, he was the original crank head of tennis. 

I have watched him, but didn't take to him. I only seriously followed tennis after Kuerten came on tour. 

I know that Rios was number 1 for a while, but can't seem to remember a single game I watched of him. I can't even seem to remember how he used to play.

6 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Did you ever watch Marcelo Rios play @lazybugger?

Even way before Nick Kyrgios, he was the original crank head of tennis. 

I thought Kyrgios has an excellent game, that'll put him on top soon.

talking about crank heads, was Federer any less of a crank head before 2003? constantly mouthing off sh1t about opponents, and being a sore loser.

He does that even now, ofcourse. but people love him so much that they are willing to look past it. :)

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

I have watched him, but didn't take to him. I only seriously followed tennis after Kuerten came on tour. 

I know that Rios was number 1 for a while, but can't seem to remember a single game I watched of him. I can't even seem to remember how he used to play.

Oh his style of play was very random, and he was extremely entertaining to watch as well. But then he was from a very rich and privileged background, played tennis only for his entertainment and not because he wanted to make a career out of it. This was told to me by one of his fellow Chilean who used to be my doubles partner here in the US, they apparently played against each other when they were juniors back in Chile. 

I thought Kyrgios has an excellent game, that'll put him on top soon.

talking about crank heads, was Federer any less of a crank head before 2003? constantly mouthing off sh1t about opponents, and being a sore loser.

He does that even now, ofcourse. but people love him so much that they are willing to look past it. :)

Fed continued to be a sore loser way past 2003, all the way till Nadal had his number in Wimbledon. 

But then of course, once he knew his place was secure among the greats of tennis the other side of Federer started to show through. 

3 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

Jelena Ostapenko won her GS final the same day Guga won it for the first time back in 1997. She was I believe 3 days old at that time, this was mentioned during the presentation ceremony today. 

8 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

I think you must have heard this amusing fact about Davy..

At his prime, he was playing so many tournaments, that he was basically living off caravan, traveling all over Europe, and playing in ATP 250 level tournaments too.

The guy's dedication towards tennis was immense. I remember him telling that it was because he was battling depression at that time, and playing nonstop tennis saved him.

He even won a couple of masters in that run. He's incredible.

*=:*=:Love Kolya

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Jelena Ostapenko won her GS final the same day Guga won it for the first time back in 1997. She was I believe 3 days old at that time, this was mentioned during the presentation ceremony today. 

Was she a wildcard too?

you are making me check this chick out. If she sucks, there'll be a calling thread for you in the future, with choicest abuses.

Was she a wildcard too?

you are making me check this chick out. If she sucks, there'll be a calling thread for you in the future, with choicest abuses.

Yes of course, she's a wildcard as well. 

Was she a wildcard too?

@3$%

22 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Haha okay, never really followed him. Maybe that's why. 

okay. He had a superb kick serve. basically, how he survived on tour. 

rest of his game, barely above average. ofcourse he was consistently top 5. says how pathetic the rest were at the time.

Awesome power! Hopefully she sustains the rigors of the tour... I'm a little concerned with her unforced errors .. she threw the first set away just on her unforced errors ..

good luck to her in future tournaments.. lot of potential!

Men's finals about to start. 

Advantage Nadal already because it's hot and dry, means the ball will kick up quite a bit. 

If Nadal wins the first set, I think he will win it. 

If Wawrinka wins the first set, then we have a game on our hands.