Trending on Quora - What's your take on the H1B visa

tennisluvr

• It's a total waste. Waste of your efforts, career and professional ambitions.
  • It's not how it looks. It can't give you stability. It is meant for those who want to earn quick money but have absolutely no love for their career.
  • It's a broken visa program and needs immediate attention from the US government.
  • Many people every year are wasting their lives trying to get this visa. After 5 years, you will be as frustrated as anybody like me who has done 5 years on it.
  • There is no better time to look for other options than to wait in line to get this visa.
  • It doesn't lead to a healthier and happier life.
  • Your life will be as uncertain as a dog looking for food but couldn't get it in an empty locked room.
  • You will not be able to focus on important things in your life. There is a constant sword like thing hanging over your head all the time.
  • You can't do a second job when you are working on this visa.
  • You can't start a profitable company. Or else you will violate your H-1B visa rules.
  • You are always trapped because if you let it go, you would feel that you are letting go of your best chance of settling down in US.
  • It would not lead to Permanent Residency or Green Card in the near future. It may appear like you are just there in getting a Green Card, but it will take ages to get a Green Card through this visa. At least, if you are an Indian national.
  • You will have no respect from your colleagues who are citizens or Green Card holders.
  • Your counterpart in any other country working on the same profile is doing far better than compared to what you do on this visa here in US.
  • You are not taken seriously.
  • It is an overrated visa.
  • It is good for some who are well settled in a certain company but they are very few people who will not usually come out to Quora to read all this or comment.

I am still on this visa and trying to get rid of it as soon as I can.

I have written this several times and will write again, had I knew that this is how it will turn out after 5 years on this visa, I would have never ever chosen it. I just want my 5 years of life back. No shame in admitting your fault.

16.6k Views · 

•  

u?mode=echo&cr=http%3A%2F%2Fbeacon.krxd.net%2Fusermatch.gif%3Fpartner%3Dfreewheel%26partner_uid%3D%23%7Buser.id%7Du?mode=echo&cr=http%3A%2F%2Fbeacon.krxd.net%2Fusermatch.gif%3Fpartner%3Dfreewheel%26partner_uid%3D%23%7Buser.id%7D

16 minutes ago, cheenu said:

Vere country lo inni years job chesthe definetly citizenship occhesedhi

vere country lo inni years chese scope ekkada undi?