• siru

• tennisluvr

• princeofheaven

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, siru said:

ya and u wanna prove ur right..hence long big essays @3$% 

keep doing u..i am outta here

I don't need to prove u. I know i am right.  Oka virtual forum lo prove enti proof enti...Good stand on your word.

9 minutes ago, siru said:

ya and u wanna prove ur right..hence long big essays @3$% 

keep doing u..i am outta here

@siru

Here's the thing dude. Almost everyone in this world has a preference of one kind or the other. Racism and all that regardless, people are going to be biased towards things that they have experienced/noticed etc. I will give you one example, if someone does an act which affects you negatively purely because of your race yes that's unwated and should be done away with. For example, if an employer rejects your candidature purely because you belong to a particular race/caste/nationality/ethnicity etc that's discriminatory and should never be encouraged. However, when it comes to personal life and things of a more personal nature those rules dont' apply. For example, if you were to approach a White girl who tells you that she won't date desi guys that's not necessarily racist. Mainly because that one person's opinion of your race doesn't necessarily mean that you can't approach the next person who may or maynot subscribe to those views, so we can't call that racist. 

That's merely a preference, and people have those all the time. @ICANWIN never said he won't hire desis if he were to be the interviewer, so I don't think he's being racist. He just stated that he prefers not working with other desis, partly due to his own negative experiences working with them. So he's free to give up one job which has a lot of desis working there and choose another one because there's not too many of them working there, that's totally his individual wish. As long as he's not affecting someone negatively by denying them an opportunity due to their race/background he has freedom of will to choose what he wants to do. 

21 minutes ago, nildesparandom said:

@ICANWIN I can understand brother...based on your essays, you are a normal developer who writes mediocre code to get the things done. That's the reason you are not comfortable working with team full of desis. Alaanti team lo you shud be proactive, smart and shud be more than a decent developer otherwise you will be odd men out. 

Americans unna team lo ilaanti issues undavu kaabatti, you might feel more relaxed and comfortable there.

Aren't you generalizing here? You are saying that in a team full of desis someone needs to be proactive, smart and needs to be more than a developer while all the above needn't be an issue if you are working in a team full of "Americans"(would that include US Citizens of indian origin as well) implying that Americans are inferior workers compared to desis by default. 

You are asking him not to generalize and generalizing yourself. 

34 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

I don't need to prove u. I know i am right.  Oka virtual forum lo prove enti proof enti...Good stand on your word.

excellent ..keep thinking so @3$%

19 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Aren't you generalizing here? You are saying that in a team full of desis someone needs to be proactive, smart and needs to be more than a developer while all the above needn't be an issue if you are working in a team full of "Americans"(would that include US Citizens of indian origin as well) implying that Americans are inferior workers compared to desis by default. 

You are asking him not to generalize and generalizing yourself. 

so icanwin isnt generalizing then?  i dont see u tell that 

25 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

@siru

Here's the thing dude. Almost everyone in this world has a preference of one kind or the other. Racism and all that regardless, people are going to be biased towards things that they have experienced/noticed etc. I will give you one example, if someone does an act which affects you negatively purely because of your race yes that's unwated and should be done away with. For example, if an employer rejects your candidature purely because you belong to a particular race/caste/nationality/ethnicity etc that's discriminatory and should never be encouraged. However, when it comes to personal life and things of a more personal nature those rules dont' apply. For example, if you were to approach a White girl who tells you that she won't date desi guys that's not necessarily racist. Mainly because that one person's opinion of your race doesn't necessarily mean that you can't approach the next person who may or maynot subscribe to those views, so we can't call that racist. 

That's merely a preference, and people have those all the time. @ICANWIN never said he won't hire desis if he were to be the interviewer, so I don't think he's being racist. He just stated that he prefers not working with other desis, partly due to his own negative experiences working with them. So he's free to give up one job which has a lot of desis working there and choose another one because there's not too many of them working there, that's totally his individual wish. As long as he's not affecting someone negatively by denying them an opportunity due to their race/background he has freedom of will to choose what he wants to do. 

showing preference in a workplace or business is racism.  If somone at a Personal level is racist like some saying i dont wanna date mexcicans..its still bad but  its their choice.

"preferences"  to certain race is exactly why the equal employment laws are put in place. Dont mix personal perefrences to work place.

So u r saying that i am wrong in saying that an entire race cannot be prejuciced just because we had problems with people belonging to that race?

3 minutes ago, siru said:

so icanwin isnt generalizing then?  i dont see u tell that 

Didn't he make it clear that he didn't mean all desis, so yeah that doesn't sound like generalizing. He clearly stated that these issues he reported had been seen with desis he worked with. 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Didn't he make it clear that he didn't mean all desis, so yeah that doesn't sound like generalizing. He clearly stated that these issues he reported had been seen with desis he worked with. 

avoid working with desis??? whats that if not generalising

1 minute ago, siru said:

showing preference in a workplace or business is racism.  If somone at a Personal level is racist like some saying i dont wanna date mexcicans..its still bad but  its their choice.

"preferences"  to certain race is exactly why the equal employment laws are put in place. Dont mix personal perefrences to work place.

Showing preference when it comes hiring or being co-operative/non co-operative at work is racism indeed but that's not what ICANWIN said he was indulging in. Given a choice he said he would rather work with a team of non desis over desis, that's clearly preference. 

Seems like you believe in a dictatorial form of governance where people can't have a preference, North Korea I heard functions that way. 

Just now, siru said:

I hired desis ani previous page lo cheppanu. I think u missed seeing that. I don't mix personal preferences at work place anduke hire chesanu as they were knowledgable consultants ani. However i have a different personal preference. I would be racist if i never hired a desi because i dont like to work with them. Akkada i just did my job not being influenced by my personal preferences. 

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

by ur logic that guy didnt generalize too..he didnt say all american teams

Just now, siru said:

avoid working with desis??? whats that if not generalising

He also said that in his capacity as an interviewer he hired a lot of desis. So I don't know what made you assume he wants to avoid working with desis. 

Having a preference to work with a non desi over a desi doesn't equate avoiding to work with desis. 

Just now, siru said:

by ur logic that guy didnt generalize too..he didnt say all american teams

He did generalize indeed. ICANWIN clearly stated that he hired desis in his capacity as a team lead or senior Engineer whatever that might have been, I didn't see the other ID make any such statements apart from his generalized statement.